PinkiePie97

Trouble Removing Quotes

I just accidentally pressed quote on a post twice on my Kindle and I can't figure out how to remove the second one. I tried removing the quoted text, refreshed the page, I even left the page and came back but nothing worked. As of this writing, it's still showing up in the reply box, even after making the post I was trying to make on my phone (where the quotes weren't appearing) instead. What do I do?

45 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I just accidentally pressed quote on a post twice on my Kindle and I can't figure out how to remove the second one. I tried removing the quoted text, refreshed the page, I even left the page and came back but nothing worked. As of this writing, it's still showing up in the reply box, even after making the post I was trying to make on my phone (where the quotes weren't appearing) instead. What do I do?

It's a little bit difficult to do on mobile but holding down on the quote box (specifically in the gray area where there is no words) and then selecting cut should remove it. I don't have a kindle so I don't know what browser it uses but I can give a further explanation if it uses chrome.

For anyone else who can't figure this out on their pc, simply clicking the box so that it is selected and then pressing the delete key will remove it.

5 minutes ago, MoltenKitten said:

It's a little bit difficult to do on mobile but holding down on the quote box (specifically in the gray area where there is no words) and then selecting cut should remove it. I don't have a kindle so I don't know what browser it uses but I can give a further explanation if it uses chrome.

It didn't work. And the browser it uses is called Silk Browser.