Nuke87654

Should there be a EQD forum tab at EQD's main site?

Hello I would like to offer a suggestion to help better advertise the forum by adding a tab on EQD's main site a forum link tab or so. That way folks can have a quick access to EQD forums from the main site itself and it would invoke curiosity for folks to try the tab and link out.

• Like 9

You'd think this was the first thing they would've done when they first announced it :P

Usually, most sites will place a dedicated forums tab on most of their front pages

• Like 2

There sort of is, though. If you mouse over the Community tab on EQD, the first thing that pops up is Forums.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ultimateAI said:

There sort of is, though. If you mouse over the Community tab on EQD, the first thing that pops up is Forums.

True, but newcomers may not scroll over "community" as that can mean a lot of things, and the wall of options that appears when you scroll over "community" might cause someone to miss the forums. Perhaps it won't drive in a ton of new traffic or anything, but a designated spot on the tab for the forums would be nice to have, and might give the forums a bit more exposure.

• Like 3

i think it's enough as it is. if some folks looking for forum, they sure find it.

the other question is to make this forum "more popular" by advertise link to it, on main page (not hidden under community scroll pages).

but i think it's they won't do it. it will messes up with design of eqd main page and there is already a big community that replies to posts. forum is just a bonus place here.. proves that there is not much of ponies here.

= it's ok the way it is imo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nuke87654 said:

Hello I would like to offer a suggestion to help better advertise the forum by adding a tab on EQD's main site a forum link tab or so. That way folks can have a quick access to EQD forums from the main site itself and it would invoke curiosity for folks to try the tab and link out.

If it does not interfere with how their site works that is a remarkable idea. 

• Like 2

Honestly, they can just throw the "Comics" tab under Media and make "Forums" it's own for quick and easy access.

Click and go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vin said:

Honestly, they can just throw the "Comics" tab under Media and make "Forums" it's own for quick and easy access.

Click and go.

Exactly.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:51 AM, Vin said:

Click and go.

I don't think it would be that easy. The comics tab already has subcategories listed under it. Where would they go then?

Check again, the comics tab has only two sub categories. Those can easily be their own categories if listed below/after comics.

• Like 1

The forums are already clearly advertised on the right side of the screen. I'm not sure if an extra forum tab is all that necessary. I certainly wouldn't mind it being introduced, though.