Rivendare

What's Your Favorite Comic Arc/Issue?

Zen Art of the Gazeebo Repair(I think that's what it's called) is just a lot of fun and gives a lot of character to some of the secondary characters we don't see enough of(notably Big Mac)

Though my favorite comic is the Dash/Spitfire Friends Forever, AKA - The episode Spitfire/The Wonderbolts should be getting, Spitfire is portrayed as flawed without being unlikable, and shows RD and Spitfire to be great friends(with Spits learning to trust RD more), and, it shows where Fosgitt's art is really good at, CUTE LITTLE FILLIES

• Like 4

I'm not up on the stuff beyond what was offered in the latest Humble Bundle, but here are the ones I especially liked up to issue 37 of the Mane series.

I really liked Reflections, gave me a lot to bounce off of after reading it. I don't want to say "thought provoking," and "inspiring" might not be the right word, but stuff that gets into my headspace and gives me a lot of fodder for tangents tends to be stuff that sticks with me.

Night of the Living Apples was a great bit of fun and deserves a shout-out!

• Like 2

Zen and the art of the gazeebo I considered my personal favorite arc in the FIM comics line due to how it places what I consider Katie's best asset in her comedy, how it places the background and secondary characters to prominence in the arc, but also it wrote the mane 6's part in the story better than what Slice of Life did in my opinion. My personal favorite single issue is probably either the CMC micro issue or the Pinkie Pie one personally due to the fact it really explored Pinkie Pie's character and how it tied it to that clown character and the CMC issue for putting the CMC's at one of the best portrayals when dealing with an alien friend.

I know I cheated but I can't really decide until I review both of them again to see which one is better :P

• Like 1

Favorite arc's Manehattan Mysteries. Outside of Zen, it's the best written arc in the entire comic's running. A limited cast of characters being focused on there, especially Babs and Trixie.

Favorite solo issue's FF #5 (Zecora and Fluttershy). Zecora was treated a s a character and not a plot device to thrust the plot forward. Fluttershy, Angel, and Discord all have really great moments. Artwork is excellent.

• Like 2

The bookworm arc was fun. Also the single story with Cheerilee and her twin sister was cute. I love Jay P. Fosgitt's cartoony style with these ponies.

• Like 1

I haven't read many comics, specially since I always get mixed between the different series and that makes me forget about many of them, but I have to admit that Reflections was the one that gave me more feelings, maybe even to the point of tears. A shame they did not made a reference during Sombra's return. Celestia facing Sombra like nothing after that comic felt...empty. I also remember a comic in which Luna tries to help Discord about some nightmares and fears he's having and end up becoming friends thanks to mutual undertanding (as in, they understand what's the other is going through). I really liked it, though it didn't leave an impression as strong as Reflections.

Just started reading the comics online. The Election is my favorite one so far, as it reminds me of Trump and Hillary as well the NYC mayoral elections in 2013. Planning on reading some more issues soon. 

Edited by Trainboy1621
Additional thoughts