PinkiePie97

Season 7 Confirmed

Happy that it won't move to netflix as that runs the risk of putting all the episodes out at once or so which can mess up alot of episode discussions. 

As for season 7 itself, in my opinion if they chose Season 7 to be the final season of FIM, I actually would not mind it as I personally have a rule on a show's duration to where there's a limit to how long a show can last before it runs the risk of suffering seasonal rot. To me, lasting between seasons 5-8 should be the 'sweet spot' in a show as I believe it lasted long enough to leave a lasting impact it's media while short enough to not suffer an especially bad case of 'seasonal rot' from lasting too long ala what the simpsons and family guy are going through. 

I won't mind for another season or so, I'm just throwing my belief that DHX and Hasbro have to consider a proper endgame for the show as we're reaching to that point where I worry the show's going to suffer seasonal rot from lasting too long.

• Like 2

Man, I was getting worried there. I guess I got a little spoiled (not "Spoilers" spoiled) when season 6 was announced shortly before season 5 even aired. That's a relief, but I still want a totally official and formal confirmation.

I'd call it an indirect confirmation because all we have to rely on is a PR quote. I'm going to wait for a more proper confirmation, but this is still very good news to hear. Now all I need is for someone among Hasbro's higher-ups to confirm a fifth Equestria Girls movie.

I'm just glad it's not being released on Netflix... at least not all at once.  Makes reviewing single episodes a lot easier.  ^_^  I already knew they were working on season seven from comments from the writers and VA's

I don't understand why it would get released on Netflix all at once anyway. I mean, yeah sure that's what usually happens. But then most shows that appear on Netflixs have already aired.

If a future season did premiere on Netflixs, it'd make more sense to continue releasing an episode a week.

You release it all at once, i'm paying for 1 months worth of Netflixs, 2 a stretch.

Bring it out weekly, i'd be paying for 7 months of Netflixs for certain. And at that point, I might even go permanent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

After a direct query to Hasbro PR, Equestria Daily has confirmed that season 7 is happening. It won't be moving to Netflix either as some have thought.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/official-confirmation-mlp-season-7-not.html

No doubt that there would be such, I am disappointed it won't be on Netflix but I will find a way to watch them.

Preferably a clean site with no spam ad's. 

About time they confirm this. I was starting to get worried, too. It was late coming! I'm also happy it won't be Netflix exclusive, as I'm not certain I'm going to have an account much longer. Ugh, things are just getting too expensive.

I HATE when shows start on network TV, and continue only via a paid online streaming service. I cried when DreamWorks Dragons did that. Some shows are migrating to Prime, too, which I don't have. So frustrating, and if you ask , it's not really fair, either. :(

22 hours ago, Nuke87654 said:

Happy that it won't move to netflix as that runs the risk of putting all the episodes out at once or so which can mess up alot of episode discussions. 

As for season 7 itself, in my opinion if they chose Season 7 to be the final season of FIM, I actually would not mind it as I personally have a rule on a show's duration to where there's a limit to how long a show can last before it runs the risk of suffering seasonal rot. To me, lasting between seasons 5-8 should be the 'sweet spot' in a show as I believe it lasted long enough to leave a lasting impact it's media while short enough to not suffer an especially bad case of 'seasonal rot' from lasting too long ala what the simpsons and family guy are going through. 

I won't mind for another season or so, I'm just throwing my belief that DHX and Hasbro have to consider a proper endgame for the show as we're reaching to that point where I worry the show's going to suffer seasonal rot from lasting too long.

I could not agree more! :D You said pretty much what I was going to say. I wouldn't mind an 8th season, and with the movie that'd make sense but after that I'd honestly like to see a nice ending. And that seems about the right length for a pony generation. This season does not feel like the place to end, so maybe they can get everything in they need to given another season or so. I'm personally interested in seeing what G5 ponies will be like lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'd call it an indirect confirmation because all we have to rely on is a PR quote. I'm going to wait for a more proper confirmation, but this is still very good news to hear. Now all I need is for someone among Hasbro's higher-ups to confirm a fifth Equestria Girls movie.

I see it the same way, but I think at some conventions some of the staff have said some things about S6 not being the last one or such, so there's that too :)

And I think there *has* to be, or at least needs to be one to two more Equestria Girls movies. I know we just got one, but that just made me want another one even more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itcheeee said:

I see it the same way, but I think at some conventions some of the staff have said some things about S6 not being the last one or such, so there's that too :)

And I think there *has* to be, or at least needs to be one to two more Equestria Girls movies. I know we just got one, but that just made me want another one even more. 

Considering how Legend of Everfree concluded, they just have to make another movie. It would be a travesty if they were to leave it so open-ended like that because I saw it as not the end but only the beginning.

:sunset:

Well, that Worldscreen link above was an official announcement about Season 7 and more Equestria Girls. Though, apparently EqG is getting three specials instead of another movie. I smell set-up to transition to a TV series. (Or Netflix series.)

I'm curious as to why so many people are so excited.

Season 6 has been getting really sour reception judging from comments everywhere. With a few exceptions, every new episode gets complaints of how OOC the characters are, how overdeveloped and boring they are, how boring or predictable the plot is, how blatant the merchandise placement is, how these new writers don't know how to handle these characters, etc. Despite this, they want the show to continue and decay even further, especially with the lack of great old writers like M.A. Larson, Meghan McCarthy, and Amy Keating Rogers.

Wait a minute...a bunch of old writers get dumped and replaced with a bunch of new writers who have no idea how to write these characters. That sounds familiar...

SpongeBob_SquarePants_characters_cast.pn

You know, some of those complaints have been made since season 2. So there's a few more loud complainers than there used to be. It doesn't mean the show is garbage. While I like Season 5 better at this point, I've still really enjoyed season 6..

• Like 1

I've enjoyed season 6 a lot.  Few dude here and there, but overall I think it's stronger than S5.  Admittedly I am not optimistic about the finale, based on the synopsis, but I think the season openers/endings have been very hit and miss for a while now. 

I do think some episodes have poorly represented characters, but overall, I think this season has been a lot more good than bad.

On 10/4/2016 at 2:48 PM, The Doctor said:

Bingo Card template ready!

6khTUgu.png

HA

HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

hahaha...

ha...

:(

37 minutes ago, WanderPony said:

I'm curious as to why so many people are so excited.

Season 6 has been getting really sour reception judging from comments everywhere. With a few exceptions, every new episode gets complaints of how OOC the characters are, how overdeveloped and boring they are, how boring or predictable the plot is, how blatant the merchandise placement is, how these new writers don't know how to handle these characters, etc. Despite this, they want the show to continue and decay even further, especially with the lack of great old writers like M.A. Larson, Meghan McCarthy, and Amy Keating Rogers.

Wait a minute...a bunch of old writers get dumped and replaced with a bunch of new writers who have no idea how to write these characters. That sounds familiar...

SpongeBob_SquarePants_characters_cast.pn

I'm desperate, I really didn't like S6, but I really think it'd be a terrible final season. I mean, it'd suck to have a series finale that completely leaves out the main characters in favor of someone people have had a difficult time warming up to.

I'm desperately hoping S7 will be better, or at least a better send off

17 hours ago, Dublyn Tea said:

About time they confirm this. I was starting to get worried, too. It was late coming! I'm also happy it won't be Netflix exclusive, as I'm not certain I'm going to have an account much longer. Ugh, things are just getting too expensive.

I HATE when shows start on network TV, and continue only via a paid online streaming service. I cried when DreamWorks Dragons did that. Some shows are migrating to Prime, too, which I don't have. So frustrating, and if you ask , it's not really fair, either. :(

Exclusive? If not then perhaps it'll still be on Netflix just a much later time.