WanderPony

Why is Hasbro keeping Season 7 a secret?

I've pointed this out many times, and people always said they did that with the previous seasons (even though they didn't).

Then, just today, someone on the ND pointed it out, and people agreed with that user!

So, why do you think Hasbro is keeping Season 7 a secret? Is there something really drama-inducing or scary going on? Is there some kind of conspiracy behind the doors at DHX? I demand an answer!

I'd say it's that Hasbro doesn't feel it's time right now. I wouldn't say it's some drama inducing stuff happening other than perhaps final season of the show which is a possibility.

1 minute ago, ABronyAccount said:

Season 6 isn't even over yet.

The previous seasons were announced before the seasons ended. (I explicitly remember Season 4 being announced shortly after Twilicorn was officially confirmed.)

14 minutes ago, WanderPony said:

I've pointed this out many times, and people always said they did that with the previous seasons (even though they didn't).

Then, just today, someone on the ND pointed it out, and people agreed with that user!

So, why do you think Hasbro is keeping Season 7 a secret? Is there something really drama-inducing or scary going on? Is there some kind of conspiracy behind the doors at DHX? I demand an answer!

Relax my friend. It may just be their biggest project yet alongside the 2017 movie.

Season 7.
How many alicorn princesses do we have? 4.
Take 7, subtract 4.
What do we have? 3.
How many mane cast members do we have? 7.
Take 3, add 7. You get 10.
Take 10, subtract Starlight Glimmer. You get 9.
How many of the mane 6 have wings? 3.
Take 9, divide by 3. You get 3.
Half-Life 3 confirmed.

In all reality, it's probably so they can keep people hooked by releasing previews during the hiatus.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Season 7.
How many alicorn princesses do we have? 4.
Take 7, subtract 4.
What do we have? 3.
How many mane cast members do we have? 7.
Take 3, add 7. You get 10.
Take 10, subtract Starlight Glimmer. You get 9.
How many of the mane 6 have wings? 3.
Take 9, divide by 3. You get 3.
Half-Life 3 confirmed.

In all reality, it's probably so they can keep people hooked by releasing previews during the hiatus.

That goes beyond theorem I believe. 

>Something big is happening

>Someone important(either a staff member or character) is coming/returning

>They have a huge surprise, probably something related to the movie

>It's too early, it'll possibly come out after the movie

>It doesn't exist

Hopefully it's the first 3

Season 7 has had a soft confirmation, as quoted by a Hasbro PR employee: here.

In all likeness Season 7 is still being worked on and they want to have at least a good chunk of it finished before they officially announce anything. Season 5 wasn't finished being written when it began airing and you can see the horrible story decisions that were made during the finale. It's also very likely that more resources are being directed from the show to the MLP movie, or the movie itself has some part to play in the transition between Season 6 and 7. In any case, patience is a virtue when it comes to TV shows. Once Hasbro has something to reveal, they'll do so and until then: sit down, wait and stay calm.

I heard a pretty interesting theory that it may have to do with a potential change to Netflix and Legend of Everfree was an indicator of that - for the first time the premiere was on Netflix and not Discovery Family. Furthermore, MLP and Netflix has had a steady relationship, what with bringing many new fans into the show (myself included).

Maybe it will be wide released there first, with a trickled release onto Discovery Family.

27 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

Season 7 has had a soft confirmation, as quoted by a Hasbro PR employee: here.

In all likeness Season 7 is still being worked on and they want to have at least a good chunk of it finished before they officially announce anything. Season 5 wasn't finished being written when it began airing and you can see the horrible story decisions that were made during the finale. It's also very likely that more resources are being directed from the show to the MLP movie, or the movie itself has some part to play in the transition between Season 6 and 7. In any case, patience is a virtue when it comes to TV shows. Once Hasbro has something to reveal, they'll do so and until then: sit down, wait and stay calm.

This also! I went to Ponycon NYC in January and they were about halfway working through Season 6 they had indicated, so they probably took a break (because season 5 and 6 was worked on with no break in between, also according to Big Jim Miller at that con), and are getting Season 7 rolling, recorded, etc.

8 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

I heard a pretty interesting theory that it may have to do with a potential change to Netflix and Legend of Everfree was an indicator of that - for the first time the premiere was on Netflix and not Discovery Family. Furthermore, MLP and Netflix has had a steady relationship, what with bringing many new fans into the show (myself included).

Maybe it will be wide released there first, with a trickled release onto Discovery Family.

It's already been confirmed that it's not switching to Netflix.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/official-confirmation-mlp-season-7-not.html

I believe we will likely get the press release announcement right before the US airing of the finale. I'm not sure if the delay in announcement is related to the film, but you can speculate that there may be specific episodes that they want to use either hinting at elements in the film. There could also be production resource sharing that needed to be sorted out (has there been any confirmation if DHX upgrading animation platforms?).

I do know that investors will be worried if there is an overlong gap of anything Pony on TV. This was acknowledged in past investor meetings, so I think we are looking at another spring launch. 

Either way it's just all guessing for right now, the good news is the show is continuing. 

1 hour ago, TaliaKirana said:

Look what dropped today. Official confirmation season 7 is on the way, as well as more Equestria Girls.

I wouldn't be surprised if they waited on announcing it because they wanted to add some more stuff besides Season 7

It'll come when it comes. No need to get wound up, we already know it's on its way.

Until then, buckle down and find other amusements. I want to watch Narcos when we hit hiatus time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Megas75 said:

>Something big is happening

>Someone important(either a staff member or character) is coming/returning

>They have a huge surprise, probably something related to the movie

>It's too early, it'll possibly come out after the movie

>It doesn't exist

Hopefully it's the first 3

About sums that one up I suppose. 

13 hours ago, AaronMk said:

It'll come when it comes. No need to get wound up, we already know it's on its way.

Until then, buckle down and find other amusements. I want to watch Narcos when we hit hiatus time.

I'll re watch all 6 seasons, then when thats done watch Star trek TNG, all of it