PinkiePie97

Equestria Girls Specials Coming in 2017

If these continue on from where Legend of Everfree left off, I'm definitely all for it. I also hope that we get a fifth movie, you know, to continue the trend.

:sunset:

That likely means no movie next year, the specials will probably be the length of one combined. Wonder if it's them testing the waters to jump to a full fledged TV series. (Or Netflix series since LoE was a Netflix premiere.) That scene with the statue very definitely felt like a set-up for such a move.

Interesting. This is very likely an indication that a 5th movie won't be happening next year, seems like DHX and Hasbro are all hands on deck for the MLP movie and EQG is on the backburner. I haven't had the chance to see Legends of Everfree yet but if the quality in those features keeps up with what we've seen in the last two movies then I'm all for.

Legend of Everfree is great! Rainbow Rocks is still my favorite, but LoE isn't far behind. And when David Ingrahm said the music for LoE was some of his best work (from an EqD interview before the movie released), he wasn't kidding.

I'm genuinely surprised we're getting anything EqG at all next year. I was expecting it to go completely on hold until after the MLP movie.

6 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Hasbro Studios has announced that 3 Equestria Girls specials are in the works. Currently, the details are unknown, but they will be released in 2017.
http://worldscreen.com/tvkids/mipjunior-spotlight-hasbro-studios-2/#.V_UuBmkdl9w.twitter

Specials? Movie, show series or some kind of live event?

38 minutes ago, Galacter said:

Specials? Movie, show series or some kind of live event?

I don't think it's a live event because as mentioned in an episode of The Simpsons, cartoons are rarely done live because it puts a strain on the animators' wrists. I think it's just a few one off specials. My guess is that they'll be 22 minutes (or 30 if they air on TV).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I don't think it's a live event because as mentioned in an episode of The Simpsons, cartoons are rarely done live because it puts a strain on the animators' wrists. I think it's just a few one off specials. My guess is that they'll be 22 minutes (or 30 if they air on TV).

Works as well. Also they need to do more wrist-up's, good way to avoid Carpel Tunnel.

On 10/5/2016 at 0:49 PM, TaliaKirana said:

Legend of Everfree is great! Rainbow Rocks is still my favorite, but LoE isn't far behind. And when David Ingrahm said the music for LoE was some of his best work (from an EqD interview before the movie released), he wasn't kidding.

I'm genuinely surprised we're getting anything EqG at all next year. I was expecting it to go completely on hold until after the MLP movie.

I'm glad he thinks so, cause it totally was some of his best work, as well as Rainbow Rocks music too. I really don't think I could choose a favorite between Rocks and Everfree, just that the former is more re-watchable for some reason. :P

WILL WE EVER DISCOVER THE WHEREABOUTS OF HUMAN SUNSET?! Probably not. I'm guessing they have to figure out what to do with the girls now that they have legit super powers now. And, it never dawned on me until the end of that movie just how superior ponies were to humans. I mean, Sci-Twi coming down with a case of Sudden Onset Telekinesis is a pretty big deal, but in Equestria, EVERY unicorn can do it.

So, what does everyone think will be happening in the specials? Perhaps one will feature Sunset visiting Equestria to finally clear the air with Celestia, but while she's gone the rest of her friends have to deal with a magical threat without her or Princess Twilight.

My predictions are as follows:

1st Special: Flash Sentry proposes to SciTwi

2nd Special: Flash Sentry and SciTwi have a big falling out before their wedding but are eventually reconciled

3rd Special: SciTwi and Flash Sentry are trying to raise their child as normal, except that the baby keeps manifesting magic horse powers?

On 10/19/2016 at 10:29 AM, ABronyAccount said:

My predictions are as follows:

1st Special: Flash Sentry proposes to SciTwi

2nd Special: Flash Sentry and SciTwi have a big falling out before their wedding but are eventually reconciled

3rd Special: SciTwi and Flash Sentry are trying to raise their child as normal, except that the baby keeps manifesting magic horse powers?

"BOOOOOOOO! HISS! Flashlight." Is inbound yo. It is inevitable.