Sign in to follow this  
Toki Zensekai

PAYDAY 2 - The John Cleese Edition

So Hoxton's Housewarming party is right around the corner! And they're celebrating with throwing party hats around! But while people are scrambling to get the hat, Overkill has been working behind the scenes with something very fiendish...

In the achievements window, they've added 112 more achievements. What are they, you may ask?

TWO MORE DIFFICULTIES

Yep, we are going to have two additional difficulties thrown into the mix that are really going to test our skills: Mayhem and ONE DOWN.

Mayhem is taking over Death Wish's 4th difficulty slot and pushing Death Wish up to Difficulty 5, with ONE DOWN as Difficulty 6. I don't know about you, but unless you really keep your crap together, we're going to be in for a rough time.

Oh, joy. There better be a difficulty level overhaul coming with this or it's just going to be two more cheesy enemy fests. 

At least we get news safehouses, but we'll see how this update turns out tomorrow.

9 hours ago, recentteen14 said:

In before this turns back into Payday 2: Blatant cheating because that's literally the only way to live edition!

I feel like I should mention that the major amount of power creep has made Death Wish trivial, so maybe the new difficulties should be welcome.

Not that a scrub like yours truly who never played past Overkill difficulty should know

P.S.

I suggest that us all heisters of Equestria (daily) engage in training and jolly cooperation to brave the storm that will be the newest settings.

There is also...

1 NEW HEIST (A Classic Heist - Speculation rumors say it's Panic Room)

1 NEW WEAPON and THROWABLE (A Shotgun + Stun Grenade?)

1 NEW ENEMY (A Medic!!!)

2 New Mask Packs (Fedoras! Finally! --- Also reddit says that new Mega Masks were leaked?)

1 NEW SAFE! (The Hoxton Safe, I'm expecting a lot of Fire Colors like Orange, Browns, Reds, etc.)

1 NEW Safehouse and man does it look nice from the trailer

And mutators! Finally, something to change the game up a bit. (All Bulldozers anyone?)

Oh, and let's not forget John F'ing Cleese as our Butler!

So that new difficulty is...difficult.

After a few attempts I have learned that...

• ICTV Anarchist is not OP like it is on DW
  • HE Shotgun shells do work
  • You want to stack as many damage bonuses as you can
  • Bulldozers are the new cloakers
  • There is no such thing as too many med bags, or ammo bags.
  • However much ammo you think you have, it wont be enough

Everyone who thought there was a skill gap between OVK and DW is going to get a new perspective on things. That power creep we've been getting the past year or so is gone. Also if that new weapon we get is not the ACR, someone is going to get hurt reeeeeal bad. 

4 hours ago, Toki Zensekai said:

I will get that OD mask legitimately. All those OD cheats can kiss the receiving end of my BFG9000.

And yet you played with me back when I still had it installed. Good luck.

21 minutes ago, recentteen14 said:

And yet you played with me back when I still had it installed. Good luck.

Considering how far I've come, I know I can do it.

3 hours ago, Frécinette said:

Tried max difficulty with a frenzy anarchist build. 

Learned the hard way that the casual scrub I am should stay back in OVK, where he belongs.

Anarchist ICTV doesn't work just because you cant get your armor back fast enough. Suit works better just because you're constantly getting little bits of armor, and if you have bullseye ace (or whatever skill give you armor for headshots) you can get most of your armor back from a single kill. 

But on the whole it's stupid and I'll stick to DW for a little bit.