Steamworks

S6 - episode 26 - Discussion (US airing October 22)

You should all know my thoughts on this...

While I enjoyed it... most of it... why did they do that, at least chryssi is still chryssi.

11 minutes ago, Badshot said:

at least chryssi is still chryssi.

Until she inevitably gets redeemed next two parter.

Interesting take on the changelings, not what I would have imagined though. Overall the idea feels unsatisfactory.

But what the hell do I know, I'm still stuck in the past.

I loved it! Just saw it because I don't do leaks. I loved just about everything and especially since we got more Starlight time and Chrysy~! <3 It's hard to even express all that I liked since I liked so much. Their new changeling forms are sweet and cute too! :happybonbon:

• Like 1

Just post what I did in the EQD thread now that it's out.

I'm sick and tired of seeing Celestia and Luna get worfed for the sake of the plot in each and every two part finale this show does. So no, I'm not going to enjoy an episode where my favorite character gets worfed again just because the writers can't think of some other way to write them out of the story. You don't have to tear down other characters in order to build up others.

And the damsel in distress trope has become so commonplace the writers don't even need to feel the need to explain it. Celestia was defeated by a super-charged Chrysalis, who was more powered up than she had ever been before. Now she and Luna are taken out by a few random drones.

You know how you could have fixed it in this episode?

Have Celestia and Luna on a mission somewhere. Without Spike captured, there's no way for Starlight and the others to contact them. Could even add in a line about how Chrysalis chose that as the reason to attack. You build them both up, and they're not in the episode.

Do it with Cadance too. Cadance and the Empire captured and learn of the Changeling plan. Throax is sent to Ponyville because he knows the most about Changelings. Build up Cadance and Shining Armor by showing they're competent.

Then the episode goes as usual. Nothing else would need to change.

Much as I want to see Celestia do something, I'd be perfectly happy for just some creativity by the writers in figuring out ways to not have her in the episode without resulting in a tired old Disney trope.

I did like Discord and Trixie this episode. They had great dialogue.

Onward to season 7. Wonder what stupid way Celestia and Luna will get captured next time...

• Like 1

This episode was the reason for my name change. It was overall meh as an episode and the ponies/Thorax the little traitor completely ruined Chrysalis's life by taking everything away from her without giving a crap. Yes the offered her a chance to "change" but the pain she was feeling was too much and she left and swore revenge.

I won't be watching any more episodes. Screw the ponies for what they did. i don't care what there reason was.Yea she may have captured the others but she only did it since to feed her children. Maybe some kind of backstory would explain why she has had to do it by force but my theory is involving the ponies being hateful towards her and how they looked. who knows.

Anyways a loving mother who only wanted to take care of her changelings had her life ruined and taken away from her in a cop out of a move. Chrysalis never hurt someone out of spite or anger. she did it in defense one way or another. Feeding on love is better than what other beasts feed on and it doesn't sound like they completely feed them dry unless you did what thorax did.

All in all it's just my opinion and some may agree and some may not. thanks for reading not that my opinions seem to matter much to anyone.

• Like 1

Part of me is happy that people liked this episode. DHX must be doing something right and I'm just stupid. I'm not even going to complain about Celestia because I'm just convinced that she isn't very powerful, can't fight and is generally hated by DHX.

But I think this episode would've been a lot better if I had more from the changelings in a way that made Thorax look less like an outlier and chrysalis more like a hated tyrant. It would've made the whole 180 the changelings pulled a lot easier to swallow.

Also, I don't understand how come the changelings don't rule the whole planet already.

In the end, I'm just happy that there's only one finale per season.

2 hours ago, Ra zarotach said:

This episode was the reason for my name change. It was overall meh as an episode and the ponies/Thorax the little traitor completely ruined Chrysalis's life by taking everything away from her without giving a crap. Yes the offered her a chance to "change" but the pain she was feeling was too much and she left and swore revenge.

I won't be watching any more episodes. Screw the ponies for what they did. i don't care what there reason was.Yea she may have captured the others but she only did it since to feed her children. Maybe some kind of backstory would explain why she has had to do it by force but my theory is involving the ponies being hateful towards her and how they looked. who knows.

Anyways a loving mother who only wanted to take care of her changelings had her life ruined and taken away from her in a cop out of a move. Chrysalis never hurt someone out of spite or anger. she did it in defense one way or another. Feeding on love is better than what other beasts feed on and it doesn't sound like they completely feed them dry unless you did what thorax did.

All in all it's just my opinion and some may agree and some may not. thanks for reading not that my opinions seem to matter much to anyone.

I agree 100% But I will watch more episodes. 

Anyone out of curiosity ever wonder why Thorax doesn't speak at all after transformation? Like his old voice in a sense wouldn't work on his new appearance? Only real responses seem to be him nodding to both Twilight Sparkle and I believe Celestia.

In all likelihood, Chrysalis raped Shining Armor while she was disguised as Cadence since he never consented to getting it on with Chryssy, only Cadance. There's also all sorts of ick involved with the mind control stuff she dumped on Shining at the wedding. We also got a glimpse of her plans for Equestria in that alternate timeline from the S5 finale. The ponies certainly weren't okay with her rule.

4 hours ago, Ra zarotach said:

:eyeroll:Really, dude?

FFS, don't be like one person I know who had stopped watching MLP because of Flutterbat. Yeah, he stopped watching because she became a bat pony, he felt it was out of place despite the fact she only became it for one episode. Given Chrysalis didn't change means something will eventually happen to her and anyone she comes across. Chances are more Changlings will come back, don't start jumping the gun, because boy--

I carry a big gun...

e0r1hWi.png

12 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

Given Chrysalis didn't change means something will eventually happen to her and anyone she comes across.

:ajlol:Does that mean that I can rage quit the cartoon because it likely means that Celestia will end up in a changeling cocoon again? 

This is actually one of my favorite two-parters of the show. (Discord's being my favorite.)

It was entertaining and kept me captivated until the end. And I'm glad they didn't change Chrysalis to good, because we're running out of villains.