Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

S6 - Episode 24 - Discussion (US Airing Oct. 15)

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/4c13r3/mlpfim_season_6_episode_streams/

(Every Little Thing She Does, PPOV, and Where The Apple Lies are airing as a run up to the new episode.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4xlmn5_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-624-top-bolt_animals

YouTube:

This is Top Bolt, the Twilight and Rainbow solving a friendship problem that could keep some ponies out of the Wonderbolt Academy.

Pegasus Master Race strikes again.

Really enjoyed this episode, and am doubly thankful for the way the UK did their broadcast.  I did not enjoy the 2-part finale, so seeing two solid episode after that allow me to see the season off on a high note.

• Like 2

Considering Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and the Wonderbolts are 3 things the writers have fucked up completely in Season 6....

Fuck it's finally nice to have an episode that doesn't completely shit all over them. Twi and Dash are great, WBs are great, Angel Wings and Vapor Trail

Only problem I really had was Sky Stinger(and admittedly I feel he'll break the episode for a lot of people)

• Like 1

It's not as strong of an episode as the last one with AJ's where the Apple lies due to how it's unbelievable that Sky didn't noticed Vapor was helping him out all those years and Sky's arrogance will turn some folks off (though it's much less than what Zeyphr was imo). However, it's the kind of episode RD, Twilight, and the wonderbolts badly needed this season as they're well written in this episode where Twidash proves to be a good mu for episodes. It's a pretty solid episode all around and one that folks can enjoy if you can overlook Sky's behavior.

• Like 1

Eh, as docuhey as Sky was, I didn't think he was too bad. 

Also, is it me, or is this another attempt at the show this season taking influence from a piece of literature/movie, specifically Cyrano De Bergerac? Though I think this is one of the more subtler moments, with Sky wanting to help Vapor, but not telling him, as opposed to Cyrano and Christian discussing the deal.

Oh great, now I sound like one of those guys who overanalyse the show too much. Whatever, still a good episode. Have to agree with the Doctor that this and "Where The Apple Lies" made for a better season finale.

Hey, downtime Spitfire. That's a nice change.

Buttcall. Bootie call. What are we calling the map call?

Dash is looking pretty good in her jacket.

Dashie already making splashes.

In-universe TwiDash shipfans confirmed.

"T. Sparks and the Dashinator" This needs to be a rap duo.

I wanna see Dash fight this nerd's ego.

30% skill and 70% confidence? Sounds like balisong flipping.

Stratisburg? That's a pretty nice town name.

Does Vapor have any sense of self-worth? She is pretty much sacrificing herself for him.

I'm digging the background music during this training.

Even Dash is glaring at this guy's ego.

Yes, nerd, you can be the Princess of Flying.

Pretty sure Vapor has a thing for Sky.

I wanna know what this Wonderbolt emergency is.

4 hours ago, Steamworks said:

... I haven't seen anything in this season that fucks up the 'Bolts. 

^ this. 

I thought Top Bolt was a good episode. Awesome to see Rainbow Dash and Twilight have some screen time together. I don't see an issue with Sky's attitude because as Dash said, Confidence is everything... and having played a lot of sports I can confirm. 

Why don't we say hello to the girl who got herself into MLP as per her heart-surgery-recovery endeavors as provided by Make a Wish Foundation:

Character in question:

1271386__safe_solo_cute_smiling_simple+b

I loved it! Well it's not my favorite episode ever but I thought it was solid. Lots of cute moments too in spite of Sky's initial arrogance. Vapor is the new Element of Cuteness. :happybonbon:

1 hour ago, BlackWater said:

I loved it! Well it's not my favorite episode ever but I thought it was solid. Lots of cute moments too in spite of Sky's initial arrogance. Vapor is the new Element of Cuteness. :happybonbon:

Miss Pommel and Marble Pie will not be pleased to hear that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Modene said:

Miss Pommel and Marble Pie will not be pleased to hear that.

Earth ponies will never be as cute as Pegasus ponies.

Vapor is jsut so adorable. Did I get that right that angel wings is someone's oc brought into the show by make a wish foundation?

So because I'm in the mood, I might as well trump up some fun trivia about this episode as I've learned it:

8 hours ago, Thaliel said:

Did I get that right that angel wings is someone's oc brought into the show by make a wish foundation?

Yes, and voice-acted.

1274169__safe_screencap_top+bolt_spoiler

She is the second of what I guess is so far three Make-A-Wish foundation based/acquired/wished-on fan OCs who appeared in the show on part of their program. The third as I am told is going to be later, if not season 7 or something. But the important bit is we have a third yet to come.

Sylvian Levasseur Portelance (dig the name) was our first.

Alexis Heule as it turns out has had to have surgery on her heart twice. This met the criteria for Make-A-Wish to grant her her wish, and she being a fan of the show asked to be a part of it through her original character. And through the power of memes I was able to find (or rather, someone on /mlp/ found it and I followed it) a vlog video she posted on her YouTube celebrating this.

Her last video was three-months ago, but I don't know when she last liked or favorited something, I can't find that activity feed. But all indications point to her doing well, all things considered.

• Like 1