Steamworks

National Coming Out Day - October 11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day

I'm not really sure how to go about a forum post about NCOD, so I guess this will have to do.

Hi, I'm Steamworks / AethWolf, and I'm gay. The old crew from PF2 and the newer FiG guys already knew that, but I don't think the EQD newbies have noticed that yet. I've been out to one extent or another for 12 years now (11 if you only want to count coming out to family). I buried and repressed my sexuality from around puberty up until my senior year of high school (2003-2004) when I started finally coming to terms with it. I'd been called a fag for a while leading up to that, so I really didn't want it to be true, so I had quite the time wrestling with not wanting them to be right and wanting to drop all the fake bullshit I threw up to hide it. I initially came out to my online friends (gay furries or allies) as bisexual, and even continued that claim as I came out to my longtime RL friends, but that only lasted about 6 months while I grew comfortable with my attraction to other guys and not treating it so much as a dirty secret. I do feel kinda bad for doing that since it just perpetuates the idea that bisexuality is either a phase or indecisiveness. Anyway, fast forward a bit to 2005. I'd managed to find myself my first boyfriend finally and was pretty happy. However, he lived around 2 hours away, and I couldn't figure out how to cover up heading to Knoxville frequently, so I made up my mind to come out to my mom. I just kinda awkwardly blurted it out and then ran off to college for the day. She was okay with it even if it did take her a while to really get used to the idea. I was just super relieved I wasn't kicked out of the house or anything. She even started getting on her boyfriend when he would make comments about gay people on TV or whatever. It's not exactly inspirational or heartbreaking or even noteworthy, but that's my coming out story.

Anyone else want to share their story of coming out as LGBTQ+? Anyone want to raise a hoof and use his thread to take their first step out of the closet? This is a pretty safe place to be out, but, if you're still not comfortable with going public about it, you can drop me a PM here on the forums or hit me up on Steam. Even if you're not sure or just questioning yourself, I think every LGBTQ person has gone through that, so a lot of us are willing to offer support through that regardless of what you eventually settle on.

I also realize coming out as something other than straight may be not as much of a thing anymore, but coming out as trans* is pretty important for visibility. Also, please don't feel pressured to come out before you're ready. It's scary, I know. Let it happen when you're ready.

• Like 3

Hey. I'm Kat / Kaethela / Nepeta Leijon. For those of you who don't already know, I'm trans. I've been pretty open about it, but I've also been insanely lucky. After repressing it for way too long, I realized continuing to do that would likely kill me entirely. Started with close friends that I trusted, then family, then work. Everyone has been very supportive, and I'm living in Massachusetts, which is one of the best states to do this sort of thing in. 

That's all I got. Sorry, I'm not much of a storyteller.

• Like 2

I'm Bi-sexual. You can blame the gay PF2'ers for making me that way, but I'm not ashamed for admitting that, those guys are really nice and it's amazing how compassionate you can be with each other. Curse my Leo-ness. :mlp_DERPE:

But for the record, I still prefer girls over guys.

• Like 2

Oh boy. Welp I might as well come out to you guys at least...
So Im Smugleaf the Smug, Old Pf2'er and ghost. Im sometimes known as Wildfire by others, but yall can just call me smug.

For the most part of my life, I've been a straight male. After high school (2014) I spent a lot of time online, Specially on this Pony Rp Server (thats why i took a break from pf2 if yall were interested). There i evolved an character that would later become my main oc Wildfire. There I also met someone there, someone that pointed out things that i was doing that led him to believe that i was Bisexual or at least bi-romantic. As time went by i realized this was true and spent more and more time with him. A week or so after valentines day (2015) he finally confessed his love to me (after making me drop some hints a few days prior). And after a little more than a year of peace and a bumpy patch, we are still together for almost 2 years (i could talk about my other significant other but that's another story for another day).

However...

When we first got together, i only told some of my close friends and my online friends. (If you were in pf2 at the time, you may have seen my blog post on it.)

Its all been under my parents noses. my bro may be catching on, but i keep denying it to him. I live with my dad and my mom is in another state. my mom may be fine but im not sure about my dad. im thinking he would take it like how i like horses, being ok but may point out/say things in a joking manor. but that's just my overthinking guess. im sure he would be fine. 

ive been wanting to come out as Bi for a while now, but have been scared or unsure of how to bring it up. one of my friends did it on facebook, which was a surprise to me and seemed like it was a few months after he learned about mine. XP

4 hours ago, Toki Zensekai said:

But for the record, I still prefer girls over guys.

so thats the kinda tldr. have some art of me and my boyfriend from the Aussie land's horses.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/dca4/f/2016/196/3/a/com_flip_and_letter_by_jadekettu-daa2vpx.png

http://i.imgur.com/8D93UZS.png

• Like 1

I'm PinkiePie97 and I'm a genderfluid panromantic asexual. I considered myself to be straight/cis even after several months after I started using social media in 2014, but as I spent more time online, I learned more about myself. I've had romantic attraction before, but I didn't consider myself to be asexual because I thought that meant no attraction. Then in March 2015, I learned the difference between sexual and romantic attraction and what asexual really means and realized that was me. Then later on, I decided I didn't care what the person's gender was, so I started considering myself panromantic. As for being genderfluid, for about as long as I can remember, I never felt I was exclusive to one gender, but I was never aware of any term for it. I was pretty sure I wasn't trans, and I knew agender wasn't me either. Then in August last year, I discovered genderfluid, and right away, I knew that was me.

I'm pretty open about how I identify online. I put it in my bio on every site I'm on (except here because I've been too lazy to write one, should probably get on that soon). In real life, though, I'm more quiet about it. I'm not ashamed or anything. I just don't know how to bring it up (I guess laziness might factor in). Though my mom and brother might know because of my Twitter account. They know I'm on there and I don't make any attempt to hide it. Other people might know as well, but no one has said anything. I guess if anyone really had a problem with it, someone would've said something by now. I'll tell them proper eventually. Just a matter of figuring out how to bring it up.

Yeah sure, I'll weigh in. I'm Feigned Sincerity, or just Fei as most people tend to call me online, and I'm pansexual. I grew up in a small, conservative town in Maine, where there was no LGBT representation or presence. The only other non-straight kid at my school was pretty clearly faking it so he could get invited to slumber parties (and it worked for him so I can't really knock him for it). I knew I wasn't like everyone else in that regard because there was such an emphasis on boys liking girls, yet I always had a much bigger interest in boys. Not knowing that there was anything to do about it, I just assumed I was thinking wrong and went about trying to be hetero. I had a few girlfriends through high school, so I know I can thoroughly enjoy a physical relationship with women, I just don't tend to connect with them quite as easy. When I went to college in 2010, I met SO many LGBT individuals that it was kind of a system shock. I found this wonderland of self expression, and I kinda went overboard and made myself and everybody around me uncomfortable. It got bad enough to the point where I brute forced myself back into the closet for a while, and reverted back to my ways of trying to be hetero. Problem was, everybody knew by that point, so thus began the process of learning that I don't have to let my sexuality define me, so I don't. I don't usually tell people about it, but not because I'm in the closet, more so I just don't think it's something that people need to know. The people who need to know (My family, my close friends, etc etc) all know, and that's all that really matters to me.

I also thought I was trans once, but that was another bit of system shock from finding out that I wasn't the only guy who would rather be pretty than handsome. Truth is I'm perfectly comfortable and happy being a man, I just have different goals when it comes to body positivity.

Hi im Ra Zarotach or Zaro for short. im 25. Pansexual. not a whole lot to say honestly. something that a lot of people don't know is im not into other humans. Meaning im not attracted to them sexually nor do i want to date other humans. I used to be straight until i became a brony which i later dropped out of being a brony as of the 8th of October when i saw the leaked episode of the season 6 finale. i grew to hate the ponies of the show for what they had done to poor Chrysalis. This lead to a name change as i saw my original name Steel Crescent was tainted since it was of MLP origin. Go i got a new name thanks to my #1 in my life. she doesn't have steam btw.

Anyways im not much of a story teller and if you wanna know more just add me on steam and ask. Im usually open about things. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

I'm Nile Komnenos. I'm not too public about this, but I am transgender. I haven't begun to do any transitioning, so I still identify as a man right now, but I do hope that can change. I'm really nervous about it for a few reasons (family, religion, society) but ultimately I do want to transition into being a female.

Bad story coming up:

It'd been on my mind for years and years, but I just shrugged it off as childhood curiosity. However later on I did experiment a little bit in cross-dressing and it was kinda nice, but I don't care for cross-dressing now because in my personal opinion, it's just playing dress-up. I always took an interest in women, and I enjoyed their company more than guys for the most part, since I was never one who really fit in with the crowd. But really when I started looking into what I was feeling, I learned more about transsexuality and all of these things associated with LGBTQ and I felt like it spoke to me. At school I began to see a counselor about my gender dysphoria and we had a good dialogue, and I even got linked to an LGBTQ youth program which was helpful. I eventually did come out to my mom and my older brother. My brother understood it because he is LGBTQ himself, my mom not so much but she didn't really object, though I know if my dad knew (before he died) he wouldn't take it well. He was a relic of his time.

I began to dress differently and wear make-up to get a feel for it, because I had never done that in public before. Overall I would say I was fine with it, though I would be happier if I was not a little overweight. Self-consciousness about your body sucks. I honestly can pass well but I do need to shed some weight.

Recently I've had some setbacks in terms of my transition. The two main factors include me becoming an uncle (or aunt I would prefer) in June of this year. I would feel as if I was doing something wrong to transition now that my brother has begun to start a family and wants me to play a role in his son's life. And the other would be related to religion. Back in December 2015 I became a convert to the Greek Orthodox church, a more conservative sect of Christianity. Spiritually it felt right to convert, but I feel that it will definitely conflict with my gender identity. While I am a more conservative libertarian kind of person, I'm not sure how well I can co-exist my faith and my identity as they are two very contrasting entities.

One day I do hope to publicly come out when I work up the nerve, but it'll be definitely a hard journey once I start.

It does feel good to type this out, though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nile Komnenos said:

Recently I've had some setbacks in terms of my transition. The two main factors include me becoming an uncle (or aunt I would prefer) in June of this year. I would feel as if I was doing something wrong to transition now that my brother has begun to start a family and wants me to play a role in his son's life.

I can see how this can stop you, but in my family one of my uncle's did transition and is very happy as my aunt now. it may have been like a few years ago i think. then again my family isnt the most stable at showing love *coughgrandparentscough*(sorry). but in my mind's eye i dont see that as something to stop you from being comfortable about yourself.

Then again, i dont know alot about this. Im just saying dont let things stop you from making you happy!