J. Brony

New Music of the Day Topics

For the record, I enjoy listening to the music produced by the MLP community more than anything I hear coming from the local radio stations.  The Music of the Day topics are one of the main reasons I visit EQD.  But, to be honest, I really find the way they're being posted now to be very inconvenient.

For example, I log on every afternoon after work to catch up on the latest posts on EQD.  I used to open the Music of the Day tab and work my way through each song as I perused the site.  But now, each song is completely separate, requiring me to either keep scrolling back through the front page every few minutes or open up 5 or 6 different tabs.  That makes it a little hard to keep up with for me.  The Bonus Music topics are preferable for this reason and I'd love to see the MotD topics return to a similar format.

So that's my two bit's worth on the subject; bring back the old Music of the Day format.  Does anyone else out there feel the same or is the new, single-song posts more popular?

Having multiple songs per day gives the reader more choices to pick from, say if they like one genre but not really another.

However, readers are less likely to view any of the options if they are presented with a large amount of options.

Having a single song spotlighted makes the reader thing that this song is so amazing that it was chosen out of many submissions.

I'm fine either way though.

16 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Having a single song spotlighted makes the reader thing that this song is so amazing that it was chosen out of many submissions.

That's another thing about the two differing formats that kinda bothers me though.  Who decides which songs are worthy of getting their own posts and which have to be relegated to being just "bonus music".  And what values are used to make that determination?  Also, how would this make the musicians responsible for producing the music feel on the issue of being segregated into single-post quality material and "everything else" in this way?

16 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Having multiple songs per day gives the reader more choices to pick from, say if they like one genre but not really another.

I actually like this concept better than the original.  What about posting multiple songs based on their genre across a handful of different topics?

• Like 1

Argh!
Don't get me started on Music of the Day!
Or, music in general!
Every time there is a new music anything on EqD I've gotta sort it. I've gotta sort it.

I listen to pretty much everything that gets the limelight, and then if I like it I've gotta add it to my playlist! I give it the usual inauguration pat on the back, send it on its way to be processed and archived, choose its position, etc.
Sometimes, if I get distracted, like super distracted it takes me an hour or so to catch up on all the music if I've missed some posts!
Basically, no matter what, I can't really notice its inconvenience in my haze of organization
:cry:

From ExplodingPonyToast:

Due to the insane amount of releases over the last week music posts will revert back to small compilations instead of single posts when there are tracks that work well together, at least until the amount of music is more manageable. 

I would like to suggest that this should be the permanent format for the daily music posts.  It works so much better than the previous incarnations, at least in my humble opinion.