newworld

Are bronies the supreme authority/gods on everything?

Season 6 is objectively the worst!

Big Jim, McCarthy, Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, Ashleigh Ball, Tabitha St. Germain and all the show staff deserve to be fired!

I can write MLP far better than anyone ever can! I can make it even more superior than Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones!

Those are a few of the things I keep seeing everywhere. Is the fandom really right about these things I mentioned and everything else? I'm sick of bronies now because they think they own everything and are the judge of what I watch.

To be honest, we're all just a bunch of big ol' cranky...

.. autists who forget we're not the only ones around.

1266203__safe_solo_screencap_animated_di

• Like 1

While i like to think that i am not one of those "bronies" and i certainly don't agree with any of those statements, i don't think you should tar all bronies with the same brush and let them stop you from enjoying the show. EqD is probably one of the most toxic places on the web in regards to bronies with outspoken opinions, i admit that i have one or two myself. Just try and focus more on the positive aspects of the fandom.

Oh and, for the record, i think Big Jim's conduct on that post you linked to was highly unprofessional. At one point i saw him go into all caps and call someone a "fool". I know his responses are understandable but as a representative and public face of a company he really should exercise more restraint.

1 minute ago, SUP3R Toastr said:

While i like to think that i am not one of those "bronies" and i certainly don't agree with any of those statements, i don't think you should tar all bronies with the same brush and let them stop you from enjoying the show. EqD is probably one of the most toxic places on the web in regards to bronies with outspoken opinions, i admit that i have one or two myself. Just try and focus more on the positive aspects of the fandom.

Oh and, for the record, i think Big Jim's conduct on that post you linked to was highly unprofessional. At one point i saw him go into all caps and call someone a "fool". I know his responses are understandable but as a representative and public face of a company he really should exercise more restraint.

To be honest I'd get pissy if I had to deal with Murrison every week.

You know, continuing to make threads like this isn't exactly going to make you look good. Just saying. Anyway, I've told you before that these are just opinions. I know what it's like to have something you like get hated on, but if you like it, so what? If you like it, that's your opinion. There's no right or wrong opinion, and no one is the judge of what you watch.

No we're not as we're just a rather large periphery demographic that likes a show about ponies with passion. On the other hand I' am not a fan on Jim Miller's outburst considering how utterly unprofessional he was and how he caused an even bigger storm to happen than it needed to be when all he could've done was just block or ignore the person. I understand he faces tons of crap from trolls and irrational fans on twitter, but considering his job position and how he's handling PR on the product he's working on he needs to learn much better control of his emotions on the matter as he lets them get to him so easily. Personally I believe he needs to get off of twitter or let someone else handle the pr as it's apparent he's not cut out for that part on social media.

• Like 2

Nobody is the judge of what anyone watches. This was actually one of the main lessons of the episode about the restaurant, the Tasty Treat.

You shouldn't need to ask whether the fandom is right about things like that. It's literally impossible because it's all subjective--it's just an opinion. You are your own person and are free to believe anything you wish.

• Like 2

You talk like bronies are the only fandom of which certain members are convinced that they could have done better had they been in charge of whatever they're a fan of.

Too bad that isn't the case.

"I don't like this, therefore whoever made this is a complete scrub for making this happen and I would have been better than them, because I would have not made this" is a really common thought among those who fail to realize taste is subjective and people might like things differently than them. Don't blame one specific fandom, blame the egocentric mindset that certain people have regardless of which fandom they belong to, if one at all.

"The great thing about the internet is, that everybody can express his opinion. The bad thing is, everybody does."

And

"[The internet] is like handing bullhorns to a crowd. Normal, sane people will not use them, but the special people that aren't afraid to share their opinion will."

This fandom has so many different facets. You have high-educated post-graduates and young pupils, people who are in it for the show, others who are in it for the art, some like the music, others love the fanfiction. Just because there is a voice of a few who think swearing and harrassing will make their show better, doesn't mean the majority thinks the same. After all, it is a show, made to sell toys and other products, and in that case, it succeeded extremly well. The people responsible for the show will make decisions based on money, and that is okay for me. We are not entitled to receive any form of fan pandering or any form of influence on the show's direction, and every time the makers and managers listen to us, we should be grateful instead of demanding more.

Now, if you decide to be sick of bronies and whatnot, feel free to do so. Just keep in mind that you fell into the same category. Those "bronies" you refer to think they represent the fandom, and you believe that a few bronies (who think being harrassment seems to be a fair way to express criticism) are representing a huge group of people, who only have one thing in common: They enjoy something about the show.

Best wishes,

Alpha268

*Reads title thread

*Reads OPs name

Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg

First off, no, the fandom does not have the ultimate say, nor should they ever

I'm not gonna lie and say that some people aren't assholes with their opinions, but there is some standards and quality people expect with the show. Whether those standards are reasonable or not is debatable, it does show how diverse the fandom is

• Like 5

Fandom is not the gods of everything or whatever.

If you believe something like that you have a MASSIVE Superiority complex. Everyone has their own opinion. that doesn't make it instantly right as some people can act.

The same could be said about Brony channels. Stop taking their word as law. It's opinions LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

this honestly makes me think of my Let's Play channel. Im tired of my friends/fans kissing my a** and sucking me off in the process. They assume im perfect and when i try to say im not and ask for feed back all i get is more a** kissing or no response at all which is usually the case.

30 minutes ago, ChibiDashie said:

Can't tell if trolling or serious.

This user has made posts that are quite similar to this, and he has reported several other users who have done nothing wrong simply because he did not like what they said (or at least that's what I'm led to believe since he never gave a reason). I really don't think he's trolling, which is still quite sad, but if he is then I find that to be unacceptable.

• Like 1

Do you ever stop?

No, seriously. This is ridiculous. 5 topics on the same damn subject. It's time to STOP.

You aren't special, and just because everyone else doesn't share the same hiveminded opinions as you, it doesn't make them "oh god evil bronies who hate the show"!

Time to face reality. GROW. UP.

• Like 10

Of course bronies aren't.

It's brony, singular.

As in me.

I'm the supreme authority/gods on everything!

So, sorry about everything folks. The world sure is a mess, isn't it? I've just been really distracted lately, what with this new cartoon that's totally awesome. Haven't had time to clean up after you guys like I used to. Maybe try and keep things a little bit neater in the meantime? Great, we'll talk later. Now I've really got to get back to my Fluttershysode marathon.

It baffles me that this guy takes arguing on the Internet so seriously. It's a bunch of people hiding behind screen names sharing their opinion. Most of them, it's all talk. They vent their opinion and get on with their lives. (Or devolve into trolling and continuous whining, at which point everyone sane ignores them.)

• Like 1

Am I the only one here that actually hasn't seen any of what the OP is referencing?

From what I've seen this fandom is the most caring, kind, welcoming, and understanding fandom out there.

• Like 2

My opinion on this issue?

1. I have never seen anyone use those "quotes" unironically.

2. Everybody has different tastes.

3. Yes there are asshats in this fandom but EVERY. SINGLE. FANDOM has its nutcases. The Steven Universe Fandom showcased that in a horrific fashion!

4. You are taking the show and this fandom way WAY too damn seriously. I mean look, this is your fifth topic dedicated to complaining about the fandom. It's getting tiresome to look at and needs to stop.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Am I the only one here that actually hasn't seen any of what the OP is referencing?

From what I've seen this fandom is the most caring, kind, welcoming, and understanding fandom out there.

Most of it is from 4chan

Because they really can't enjoy anything unless it's to their specific liking

:newspaper: Oh, hey it's another one of those threads. 

I've no idea where OP get's this crap from, but I seriously think they need to reevaluate the people they associate with or what websites they visit.

16 hours ago, LuigiFan45 said:

Most of it is from 4chan

Because they really can't enjoy anything unless it's to their specific liking

No, that's not true.

4chan can't enjoy anything without being at least a tiny bit ironic or satirical about it. Expecting anything reasonable or constructive from there is unfathomable.

• Like 4