VG_Addict

What is fall like?

Very pretty and my favorite time of the year. The cool air and the changing colors of the leaves on tree's is amazing. I love this time of year for the weather and beauty.

Over here in southern Canada, it's cold and windy most of the days. Sometimes you get rain, but mostly just cold, windy and sunny.

The leaves on the trees dry up and turn pretty shades of brown and yellow. The cold wind makes the dry leaves rustle.

You can jump in piles of leaves! Basically a lot to do with leaves and cold.

It's just a really beautiful time of year.

17 minutes ago, lyrabop said:

The leaves on the trees dry up and turn pretty shades of brown and yellow. The cold wind makes the dry leaves rustle.

You can jump in piles of leaves! Basically a lot to do with leaves and cold.

It's just a really beautiful time of year.

The leaves in my area turn yellow,red,brown,Orange and even pink

Well, it's my favorite season but it's mostly just a big transition. Stuff turns orange, yellow and brown, it gets cooler and we get rain, a lot of rain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Kiriness said:

Spring is my favorite season, but I love the beginning of Fall, because it's still warm, but cool enough to wear a sweater. Fall breezes are also lovely :3

Fall when you live on a coastal city 

VeLap_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popke

• Like 1

Around here, the best part's really just the heat finally going down.
The leaves changing colors looks nice too, but really I'm just happy that it isn't so damn hot all the time.

Still not as good as winter tho.

31 minutes ago, Ra Zarotach said:

The leaves in my area turn yellow,red,brown,Orange and even pink

Wait, you get pink leaves? How?

6 minutes ago, Ribbon said:

Around here, the best part's really just the heat finally going down.
The leaves changing colors looks nice too, but really I'm just happy that it isn't so damn hot all the time.

Still not as good as winter tho.

Wait, you get pink leaves? How?

4 minutes ago, lyrabop said:

Pink leaves would be very pretty!

Im serious. I saw them on my walk today. PINK leaves on the ground. not painted or anything. Pink leaves.

If i had a camera i would show you but to qoute my friend i have been dealt a bad hand in life.

• Like 1

Leaves turn pretty colors for a few weeks, but really it's just cold... Too cold... I'm dreading winter...

(I'm in Michigan, so I'm sure less cold states have nicer falls)

Fall in New Jersey is very pretty and there's always farms that are open for the fall that offer pumpkin picking and hay rides, but I'm not sure if that's mostly a New Jersey thing or if other states do it. It's pretty mild in NJ, with temperatures mostly in the 60's/70s (Fahrenheit) or 20/23 (Celsius) 

I like all seasons, but I will admit fall has it's charm, or as we call it here: Autumn
Living close to the alps allow for some rather varied tree population, mostly due to the large altitude changes we have thus different times and speeds to leaf fall, it also means that the mountains become a mosaic of red to yellow hues, with the occasional green from evergreens scattered in the lower altitudes, all the way to the full pine forests found at higher altitudes, and to top it off, the early snow of the season topping the mountains in white, overall something truly magnificent to look at 

It's pleasantly cool and breezy outside! I turn the thermostat off and leave the windows open all day for a few weeks.

The winter constellations begin to show up, and the nights are cool enough that you can see more stars without the hazy vapor of summer. Also the sun sets quicker and the moon is brighter.

My dog, a short-faced breed, can keep up with me on a 2+ hour walk and not overheat or get short of breath.

Less pollen to assault my airways.

The air is dry enough that sweating actually does cool you down, and you don't have to do it nearly as often or nearly as much.

It's a good time to plant stuff that you expect to start blooming in the Spring and Summer!

The equinox marks another quarter of the year.

The warm colors of the foliage are a pleasant contrast to the cooling temperatures.

Shadows get long on the sidewalks as the Sun takes a more southerly route day by day.

Carving jack-o-lanterns!

FEWER BUGS

Downsides: fewer things coming into flower. The fish make themselves scarce from the shoreline. Raking and mulching hundreds of pounds of leaves and cleaning out the gutters. Less daylight for working outside. Traffic near schools.

Fall in Maine is gorgeous, especially in heavily wooded areas like I'm from. The ground becomes a blanket of yellow and orange pine needles and leaves, everything smells awesome, and there are apples and pumpkins everywhere. If you get closer to the coast, the winds can be a little oppressive, but that's fine. Then once the temp gets down to around 50, everybody starts wearing flannel shirts and scarves, and everybody looks like a hipster. It's kind of awesome.

Folger-maine-fall-color-yellow-maples.jp

This is actually a pretty accurate representation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ra Zarotach said:

Im serious. I saw them on my walk today. PINK leaves on the ground. not painted or anything. Pink leaves.

If i had a camera i would show you but to qoute my friend i have been dealt a bad hand in life.

You should pick a few up and press them in a book! And sorry to hear things aren't so easy for you.

2 hours ago, FeignedSincerity said:

Fall in Maine is gorgeous, especially in heavily wooded areas like I'm from. The ground becomes a blanket of yellow and orange pine needles and leaves, everything smells awesome, and there are apples and pumpkins everywhere. If you get closer to the coast, the winds can be a little oppressive, but that's fine. Then once the temp gets down to around 50, everybody starts wearing flannel shirts and scarves, and everybody looks like a hipster. It's kind of awesome.

The smell! I forgot about that! The smell of dried leaves is really nice haha.

I was living in a tropical country for the past year so I haven't experienced Fall and Winter for a while, really looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I live in the northern Appalachian Mts., it's really beautiful on some days and dark and dreary on other days. Both of which have their own beauty. This is my favorite season, because it's not too cold and not too hot.

• Like 1