WonkyStallion

Which comic artist is your favorite?

Tony Fleecs and Amy Mebberson have some really great styles for hewing closer to the show's designs and models. Fleecs seems to emphasize draftsmanship in 3D space while Mebberson has a decidedly more 2-D aesthetic to her compositions (and I don't mean that in a bad way). 

Sarah Richard does truly gorgeous splash, pin-up, and cover art.

I've always liked Agnes Garbowska's interiors, with her mixed media approach of strongly stylized, traditional inks with shading and soft digital colors.

Brenda Hickey has a unique style that takes the show's models as a starting point and veers off into unnameable directions. But if I had to come up with names, they'd include Craig McCracken.

Katie Cook has a style that, for my money, slightly out-adorables Jay Fosgitt's.

Of course it goes without saying that Andy Price is the master of cartooning, bringing an old-school emphasis on exaggerated emotes and action lines!

Guys, don't forget to talk about why you like them. Just shouting out that Tony Fleecs is your favorite comic artist doesn't give much context as to why Tony is your favorite. Perhaps you could say that he's the most improved artist on the book. I look forward to every issue that comes out with his name on it to see how much more he has improved, and to get a good chuckle out of the wacky facial expressions he comes up with when juxtaposed against a setting that it is 100% show accurate and yet still in a style all his own.

You know, little things like that. :awesomecheer:

i love the way Amy Mebberson draws Twilight. She emphasizes the oval shape of the eyes and it's so cute. Amy does great Disney Princesses too, perhaps that's why Twilight feels so regal in her style.

I'd never really collected the comics that much, but of what I'd seen, I'd have to say Brenda Hickey. Just for how close she can be to the show's style and anatomy while still giving off these amazing expressions and poses.

I'd have to say that Andy Price is my favorite artist. While all of the comic artists are great in their own right, I personally feel like Price has the perfect midway art style that matches the show style, but still done in a way that is solely his. Especially when it comes to his super detailed covers and prints. Plus, the expressions that he gives the ponies are always a treat to see.

• Like 1

Personally I like Andy Price the best. his style is good for making ponies look cute but also allows for some really dramatic shading. I also like how it feels distinct from the show. For covers though, I always try to get Sara Richard's covers. her water color style is just the best.