Aaargh Zombies

What is your favorite Animated Christmas Special?

I love Christmas specials, they are often full of Corney\cheesey stuff that reminds me of my childhood, and how magical Christmas is, or they are an excuse for a musical interlude or two.

What is your favorite Christmas episode form a regular cartoon?

I think that I'm going to rate A Hearth's Warming Tale somewhere in my top 5.

Some other favorites include (In no specific order)

• The Chipmunks (Both cheese and singing)
  • Raccoons on Ice Christmas special
  • Authur's Perfect Christmas (Pure childlike wonder rating off the scale on this one)
  • Various Rugrat's Christmas episodes
  • KND Christmas special from season 5
  • Like 1

Here are some of my favorites from my Childhood:

Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation (I watch it every year in December.)

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Christmas Special (Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too, I think it's called.)

Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse.

and an honorable mention goes to A Charlie Brown Christmas. (You can't go wrong with a timeless classic!)

• Like 2

A Huey Freeman Chistmas, from The Boondocks. I know it's not the same kind of kid friendly Christmas special you're thinking of, but it actually covers some of the more modern issues with the holiday. It's also hilarious, so there's that.

I'm gonna date myself, but a Muppet Christmas Carol will always be up there for me. I'm happy to see a few other people listing Mickey's Christmas Carol too since that's another one on my list.

...As I'm getting ready to list other ones, I'm realizing that everything I like are interpretations of A Christmas Carol since I also really like the 2009 A Christmas Carol (the one with Jim Carrey practically voicing the whole cast) as it's pretty true to the book, and you don't see that a lot as far as I know.

And then there's the Nightmare Before Christmas since it doubles as a Halloween AND a Christmas movie, which is the very best kind!

• Like 2

Yeah, Muppets Christmas was freaking GREAT.

"DOOMED SCROOGE! You're doomed for all time! Your future is a horror story, written by your crimes. Your chains are forged, by what you say and do. So have your fun, when life is done A NIGHTMARE WAITS FOR YOU!"

• Like 1

On 17/10/2016 at 5:50 PM, FeignedSincerity said:

A Huey Freeman Chistmas, from The Boondocks. I know it's not the same kind of kid friendly Christmas special you're thinking of, but it actually covers some of the more modern issues with the holiday. It's also hilarious, so there's that.

Doesn't have to be kid friendly, just animated.

I always loved the first South Park Christmas special. Especially the musical numbers.

Kile's mom is a .....

3 hours ago, strangephantasm said:

Yeah, Muppets Christmas was freaking GREAT.

"DOOMED SCROOGE! You're doomed for all time! Your future is a horror story, written by your crimes. Your chains are forged, by what you say and do. So have your fun, when life is done A NIGHTMARE WAITS FOR YOU!"

Whoaa, that's a little heavy for a kid's movie.

I LOVE IT.

2 hours ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

Whoaa, that's a little heavy for a kid's movie.

I LOVE IT.

The singing and dancing while they chanted it really gave it some levity, though! And then after that they were dragged down through the floor by ghostly moneyboxes that mocked them as they begged Scrooge not to repeat their mistakes.

15 hours ago, strangephantasm said:

Gremlins is a pretty hardcore Christmas movie though.

Neither of them were animated, so I guess that they kind of don't count here even if they were classic movies.

On 21/10/2016 at 1:24 AM, strangephantasm said:

Didn't even realize the topic said animated till just now! I guess Muppets is out too then.

In that case, I gotta say The Year Without A Santa Claus. After all, it has THESE guys:

hqdefault.jpg

The muppets counts, I was really just thinking "non live action humans".

For me...

Charlie Brown Christmas, because of... well, the entire damned thing.

Muppet Family Christmas and Muppet Christmas Carol. Because Muppets are awesome.

And I've got a fondness for the old Rankin-Bass specials. Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town in particular.

• Like 2