SkyeVictini

What kind of episodes do you want to see in Season 7?

The title says it all. What kind of episodes do you really want to see in season 7? 

For example, I want:

A Celestia/Luna episode. 

For obvious reasons. 

A Cadance/Shining Armor/Flurry Heart episode.

Yeah, I want an episode focusing on the royal family. I'd really like to see a day in their lives. It would also be a great opportunity to give them some more well deserved character growth.

Another flashback episode. 

On any of the mane characters. I would LOVE to see what their upbringing was really like. Especially Starlight. What was her home life like? How did she get her cutie mark? When did she start her village? That could be an amazing in-depth look at her villain origin story. 

A Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon episode. 

Now that they are reformed, I would love to see these two again. I was kinda disappointed that we barely saw them in Season 6 other than in a few background appearances. Maybe they can help the CMC with some kind of problem. 

A (good!!!) Spike episode pairing him with Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow or Starlight.

I'd like to see what Spike's chemistry is like with these other ponies for an entire episode. We've seen that he has great chemistry with Starlight, so an entire episode centering around both of them would be nice.

• Like 2

An episode about the 3 pony tribes / Pony history pre-Celestia and Luna / Starswirl the Bearded.

Another (hopefully just as good) episode with Ember and Spike.

Less Slice of Life and more actual story and continuity. 

Oh, and an episode / episodes with or about Sunset Shimmer. :sunset:

• Like 1

Celestia goes turns into Solar flare and causes massive chaos and destruction, but the Mane 6 are forced to use the elements of Harmony on her and she gets banished to the Sun. Luna has to raise and set both Sun and moon for 1000 years. 

Discord saves equestria from some other villain

Queen Chrysalis comes back and reforms

Sunset Shimmer returns to the pony world

I would like to see an episode focusing on the backstories of the villains (Discord, Trixie, Lord Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, etc)

An Episode about a reverse universe where the good is the evil and the evil is the good

Lord Tirek comes back for round 2 and he is FAR stronger and new elements are found, so Discord, Starlight, and others get theirs and with their combined power defeat Lord Tirek.  What element would Starlight have?

- Celestia episode. And I mean one truly dedicated to her, no freaking Luna stealing the spotlight. Throw her a bone already

- More RariDash, FlutterJack, FlutterPie, TwiJack, Flarity, and TwiDash episodes. No more fucking Rarijack

- Finally let us see Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's families 

- Starlight episodes with her actually bonding with the mane 6 instead of Twilight all the time, or crap like "Every Little Thing She Does"

- Keep doing what you've been doing for Spike episodes, it's one of the few things S6 actually did right

- No more fucking Applebloom episodes, give the other CMC a chance to shine

- Lightning Dust returns

- Actually do something with Dash's Wonderbolt status. Leaving things off with such an awful climax like Newbie Dash and not making any sort of real attempt to follow up of what's next that actually tries to salvage it and makes her arc worth it really comes off as a "fuck you" to anyone who was interested in it. 

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST! NO MORE FUCKING GARBAGE LIKE NEWBIE DASH OR 28 PRANKS FOR DASH EPISODES!!!!!!!! NO MORE EPISODES THAT SOLELY EXIST TO TREAT HER LIKE GARBAGE! PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE THIS FUCKING CHARACTER! FUCK!(end rant of an excessively salty fanboy)

• Like 3

*Spoilers below*

1. A celestia focused episode. No Princess Luna, no Discord, or anything that is going to put the spotlight away from her. Let Celestia shine for once in an episode on her own.

2. More focus on rarely used pairups like Raridash, Flutterjack, Raripie, and others.

3. Continue what you're doing with Spike as he's been easily the brightest spot in S6.

4. If you're going to continue writing Starlight, have her have episodes where she bonds with each of the mane 6. That means put her away from Twilight and Spike or pulling a cheap montage ala Every little thing she does as if you want me to like Starlight, than show her how she would react to each of the mane 6 and how she hits it off with them. Make her conflict with them interesting and the impact of them bonding worth the story and episode. Also, let Twilight develop away from Starlight as a big problem for Twilight in S6 was of how she was so dependent upon Starlight's own development and portrayal and that because it wasn't done well she suffers greatly for it.

5. Develop more on characters like King Thorax and Dragon Lord Ember as you've shown them and I like to see more of them too.

6. Put more care and thought to your stories please. Alot of the problems S6 had could've been fixed if much better editing and thought was put into the stories.

• Like 5

- No Celestia episodes.

- More slice of life.

- Less continuity and arcs.

- Fewer non-ponies.

- No more mane/secondary characters' families revealed.

- More Rarijack.

- No more Equestrian history.

- More Applebloom, less other CMC.

:ohplease:

• Like 2

Basically, more of the same. But going into specifics about what I'd like to see...

- Celestia does something. Or at least some sort of insight into her life and duties. Without Luna because I want to see Celestia doing something. Not Luna and Celestia. Let her shine! Show how awesome she is. TL;DR CELESTIA EPISODE, FFS!

- Actual lore about Celestia, Luna and Discord, their past and how

- For the love of god, stop with these season finales. Or at least do them right. Actualy develop characters and ideas throughout the season, instead of dropping them every now and them.

- The Royal Guard needs some love too.

- A flashback to Twilight's time as Celestia's student.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

- No Celestia episodes.

- More slice of life.

- Less continuity and arcs.

- Fewer non-ponies.

- No more mane/secondary characters' families revealed.

- More Rarijack.

- No more Equestrian history.

- More Applebloom, less other CMC.

:ohplease:

Slice of Life is actually is where I think the show really shines. I know this is a troll post but I wouldn't mind this(yes I know the show is already mostly SoL :awesomecheer:)

• Like 1

Old ass thread but..

• Celestia episode for obvious reasons
  • Continue with Starlight episodes and development
  • For the love of god, start giving the other CMCs some episodes instead of Apple Bloom all the time.
  • A Twilight slice of life episode, like Amending Fences for example. We need more of that.
  • Interesting Mane 6 pairing episodes (Map episodes??)
  • More cool new characters
  • More songs. Season 6 only had about half of the songs Season 5 had. Let that sink in.
  • Less shoe horning background ponies
  • Important episodes being written by experienced writers. If you know what I'm referring to, good for you.
  • Show the aftermath of the Mane 6's achievements (like showing RD's experience being part of the Wonderbolts, Rarity owning her boutiques, etc).

I also agree in terms of a Celestia episode. She needs her time to shine.

NO MORE STARLIGHT GLIMMER PUT HER IN A COMA OR SOMETHING.

If the movie villain isn't Nightmare Star then the S7 villain needs to be Nightmare Star (Celestia's version of Nightmare Moon) this could potentially make S6 NULL AND VOID for me and no longer make me consider leaving the fandom and/or the show. Not only would this give Celestia WELL NEEDED AND WELL DESERVED character development and more story but it could be made even better if Nightmare Star WINS in the premier and the rest of the Season works towards the finale where they change Nightmare Star back to Celestia.

In other words... an actual story arc that has consequences for the rest of the season and effects what happens with other episodes.

I don't want to see Equestria Girls in the main series AT ALL. It needs to be separate. End of story.

Better episodes in general.

If I think of anything else I'll either post again or edit this post.

Here's a few things I'd like to see in Season 6 in terms of episodes:

• More slice of life episodes. While I enjoy the more adventure oriented episodes (I'm a big fan of things with significant scope like that), I long for a return to the show's simple roots which is what initially grabbed my attention when I first discovered the show. Every premiere and finale doesn't have to be some world changing event, in my view.
  • More AppleDash. They have excellent charisma with each other.
  • An expanded universe. With a good portion of the main cast having gone through their main character arcs, it makes sense to branch out a bit and explore Equestria. Let's see some interesting new characters that stick around for more than a single episode. Maybe return a few old faces as well.
  • More Trixie. She was fantastic in the Season 6 finale.
  • An episode exploring Rainbow Dash's life in the Wonderbolts. Do something to redeem the disaster that was "Newbie Dash"!
  • We need a Celestia episode. We've hardly seen her the past couple seasons
  • As @Megas75 said above, let's have a solo CMC episode, perhaps Scootaloo.
  • Like 1

I really don't care what it is, as long as it's consistently good. I'm getting real tired of this crap-shoot every Saturday morning. Hire new writers, by all means, but make sure they've actually seen most if not all of the show. And old writers can be just as bad.

Don't get me wrong: I like MLP, and I understand how unhelpful it is to say 'git gud', but after three+ years of watching ponies I still haven't come up with any predictors of whether an episode will be good or bad (aside from the fact that CMC and Spike episodes are typically below-average). No writer seems to be particularly good or bad. No premise is a guaranteed failure or success. I ask for more consistency: I want to be excited every Saturday morning rather than anxious.

And on a more specific note: yeah, I'd like a Celestia episode too. If we go by the rule of thumb that DHX does whatever was a cool idea two years ago, I think there's a very good chance it will happen. I'd also like one or more Rarity / Rainbow Dash episodes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Rarity Investigates is the only one right now. That's too bad. I like the pair's dynamics.

• Like 1