My name's Rapid Miles (possibly subject to change later). I'm a 20 year old who currently works as a cashier at a chain called Sprouts Farmers Market. My store in particular, is pretty terrible when it comes to working for them. Regardless, I am also in college at the moment, though am on break due to summer. 

One of my first MLP experiences was when a random kid in my Science class in 7th grade was drawing a certain pony with wings and a rainbow colored mane and tail. Wondering why the heck he was drawing something that seemed so girly, I asked him what he was drawing (in a sarcastic way, mind you). He replied simple "Rainbow Dash, from My Little Pony." My Little Pony? Isn't that the show for little girls with those weird pony looking things with really weird color palettes? That day after school, I decided to try and find the picture he was trying to recreate, and found MLP:FiM. This was not what I had originally thought of MLP. My past experience with MLP were the older generations of the show.

It may seem odd, but yes. I was one of those "haters" and "trolls" that made fun of people for liking a certain kids show. Yet despite that, I became a fan. Not necessarily of the show (since the last episode I watched was from around season 2 or 3), but of the characters, the story, the lore, and the possibilities for story telling, whether it be somewhat canon or completely made up on my own.

I currently am not too active in the MLP fandom, mostly due to the many toxic and downright stupid interactions I have had with other fans of the show. However, I have decided to maybe give the fandom as a whole a second chance, hoping that those toxic interactions don't become the majority like they did before.

If you want to talk, feel free to message me on here, Telegram (@rapidpone) , or Discord (Rapidd#4939).

For all of those who are interested, I will also be attaching a reference sheet of my OC to this post (Art is done by Mk_Classics).

Thanks for reading!

2GmOABo.png

Welcome back to the herd, @Rapid Miles hope it goes better for you this time around. I've been commenting on EqD and trolling the forums here for a couple weeks now, and it seems to me that the majority of fans are just willing and eager to discuss anything related to pony without getting too riled up. Sure, you'll get the occasional troll, or fan who can't put something in perspective, but all-in-all we seem to be a friendly bunch.

Did you and 7th-grade Science Class Kid ever become friends after that incident? It seems you kind of owed him for getting you into the fandom, and if he was blatantly drawing ponies in class, it sounds like he could've used all the friends he could get.

What are you studying in college?

59 minutes ago, Sloppy Steve said:

Welcome back to the herd, @Rapid Miles hope it goes better for you this time around. I've been commenting on EqD and trolling the forums here for a couple weeks now, and it seems to me that the majority of fans are just willing and eager to discuss anything related to pony without getting too riled up. Sure, you'll get the occasional troll, or fan who can't put something in perspective, but all-in-all we seem to be a friendly bunch.

Did you and 7th-grade Science Class Kid ever become friends after that incident? It seems you kind of owed him for getting you into the fandom, and if he was blatantly drawing ponies in class, it sounds like he could've used all the friends he could get.

What are you studying in college?

We did for a little while, but soon realized that even for 'brony' standards, he was pretty odd. Also, moving to a different state doesn't help any friendships either.

I'm currently studying Game Art and 3D Animation, though I'm not sure if that's what I wanna do with my life.

Well, you're still young man, you'll figure it out. Sounds like you have a good start in at least learning something practical. I'm assuming there are other skills necessary in what you're learning that you could apply to other fields as well.

Welcome back. I hope your second stint is light years beyond the first one. There will always be a big dumb face or negative nancy out there [common knowledge of course] I just respect other people's opinion and agree to disagree. LOL coming from someone that still enjoys watching lackluster episodes [they all have something to offer imo, some are better than others no doubt] I also enjoy watching the movie for crying out loud. With all of its flaws [and there are quite a few, which is an understatement] I still love it, and I keep coming back to it. Why someone feels the need to be a party pooper jerk wad when it comes to discussing our pony homies is beyond me [sorry, not staying you're the party pooper jerk]. I'm 35 and I use to watch gen 1 MLP with my sister many, many, many, many, many moons ago in a decade far, far away. So for me there is nostalgia, and G4 has been my salvation [friends have died, family has been fractured, had to move hundreds of miles and start all over pretty much]. Everypony has their reasons for doing things, whatever they may be. Anyway, best of luck in all future endeavors.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, XGRAVITYBLASTX said:

I'm 35 and I use to watch gen 1 MLP with my sister

G1 MLP has been interesting; I've developed a casual interest in it since I've been a fan of G4. Although I enjoy 'My Little Pony and Friends' for the cute and innocent cartoon that it is, I think I may enjoy 'My Little Pony Tales' a little better, as tonally I find it closer to FiM.

Did you collect the figures as a kid, and if so, do you still? I've been buying G1s and G3s as I see them (at rummages, antique stores, etc.) but there are a few that I'd love to have in my collection still. Mainly, they're the ponies that Lauren Faust said inspired characters from FiM, but I'd also love a Fizzy. I just like her aesthetic, and she has a pretty cute and doofy personality in the show.

• Like 1

My sister built up a substantial collection that my folks decided to keep for when she or I had kids [this was back in the mid 90s, can't remember exactly when]. But in 2002 the house we were living in at the time caught fire. Luckily I found two of them that weren't melted beyond recognition [I'd have to look them up. I know one of them has a clock for a cutie mark and the other one has flowers on her flank. It's been a while since I went back and watched G1 G2 and G3. All of my pony belongings are in storage for the time being [just moved from one corner of Michigan to the other]. I may get back into the realm of toys/collectibles, but it could be a while before I have any space to put it. The two G1 ponies I have I'll keep until my dying day. I doubt anyone would pay anything for them [they're in not so great shape]. 

Sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate to lose anything to circumstances like that, even some old plastic ponies.

I certainly understand about running out of room; I collect comic books, and I have about 30 longs boxes (they each fit about 300 comics) and my collection will only continue to grow until I just decide I've had enough of it all and sell them!

• Like 1