LostSanity

Anime? Anyone?

I didn't see a topic like this but it's possible there is one and I didn't look hard enough. If so, I do apologize for creating a duplicate topic/thread.

Anyone else a fan of anime/manga? I tend to watch english dubs because that's the language I speak and is what I'm used to at this point.

I'm a fan of Bleach, Naruto Shippuden and the Naruto series in the general, One Piece, and a whole bunch of other stuff that would take too long to list.

Currently I'm just watching the stuff on Toonami except for JoJo and Gundam.

I'm also in the midst of rewatching the InuYasha series as well as the .hack series. I'm on .hack//ROOTS.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here likes anime I guess.

:pinkieshrug:

I like all sorts of Anime, thought the only one I'd say I really care that much about is One Piece, which I watch on Crunchy Roll every weekend. Otherwise, I've watched all kinds of stuff ranging from Kill La Kill to Ouran Highschool Host Club. Recently, I've been working on catching up on Jojo, and I watched through 91 Days which I'd recommend to literally everyone, and Parasyte which was kind of a let down but still good enough to watch in one sitting.

Also, Show By Rock is incredible and easy to binge watch since it's hella short.

I watched A LOT of animes. Then my world crumbled and I can't bring myself to watching something as amazing as anime series...Ohh, well, excluding Detective Conan. Aaaand future One Punch Man season 2~

I used to watch Bleach like you, then it took a swan dive into stupidity. Seriously, think about season 1 of that show. There was NOTHING like it. It was awesome. Then as soon as Rukia is taken back to Soul Society the show stops being about Ichigo being a high school student that hunts down Hollows. The entire premise changes. Throw in loads and loads of interesting characters that are NEVER given any development and what do you get? A shark that is jumped very quickly.

Jeeze, I've watched tons of anime. So many I've probably forgotten a bunch.

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (even though I disagree with the pacifism)
Overlord
One Punch Man
My Hero Academia
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space
Ah! My Goddess! :huzzah:
Ika Musume
Nichijou
High School Girls Are Funky
Arakawa Under The Bridge
Gosick
Rosen Maiden
Love Hina (Girls hitting guys is socially acceptable, dohohoho!)
Familiar of Zero (Looking back, I have to ask WHY!? There was ONE good scene in the whole show, and I HATE tsunderes!)
Amagi Brilliant Park
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Ookami-san
Hare+Guu!
Samurai 7
Afro Samurai

My brain is failing me at this point. There are some shows that I haven't watched all of, like Attack On Titan so I didn't list them.

It's rather obvious I really like Hetalia as my favorite anime, but I do like other anime like Attack on Titan and the rather underrated Onegai My Melody. (Which is friggin adorable and gave me cardiac arrest on several occasions) I also can't forget my favorite Studio Ghibli film, My Neighbor Totoro!

I don't really watch too much Anime (not many shows at all to be honest)

However, I did enjoy Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate, and am watching the current volume of RWBY.

I've literally only watched one Anime, Sword Art Online, but I did quite enjoy it.

The closest other thing to Anime would be The Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra, but apparently those are considered "Western Anime".

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot about SAO. There's maybe a season I haven't watched yet? Not sure. All I know is, I love Yui to pieces. And an anime where the protagonists are in a committed relationship and love each other without question? YES PLZ. I hate the Will They Or Won't They? trope so much.

2 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

The closest other thing to Anime would be The Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra, but apparently those are considered "Western Anime".

I loved both those series to pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I loved both those series to pieces.

I know, right? :sunset: 

I loved that series, even manage to I re-watch them every now and then when I have the time. 

I watch a lot of anime, probably too much. I constantly add things to watch eventually to My anime list, for whatever the reason of it seeming interesting, cute, or just similar to something else I liked.  Same thing with manga.
I don't really care if a  series is long, as long as it keeps going with real new content.
I just got through the entire Dragon Ball/DBZ series up to Gt and stopped to watch Bleach, which I am seriously enjoying every moment of. On episode 230-something. :)
I normally do prefer series that are already complete, but I'm running out of those now.
If I had to pick a favorite series I'd have to say Sonic X (prefer the subbed version but I've seen both multiple times) 100% because of the fact I can't get enough of Shadow <3

But if that doesn't count, then I'd say Sailor Moon. :P

1: You sound like one of those mainstream Otakus. They tend not be so popularly?

2: A lot of websites provides english sub and you would notice that the acting IS MUCH BETTER if you actually watched subbed. But of cause I can't change that opinion.

3: Now to myself, Yes I am an Otaku. But I'm the well different type who goes to my friends like: What anime shall I watch and I kinda watch every type of anime. I do not prefer animes with over 6 seasons though as this is more merchandise than actually story - believe me - I have seen an anime on 32 episodes telling a story like Naruto's just without the ending, and without ninja but in the mediaval instead. Honestly - they just didn't focus on the small things but took the basic story line about growing into a man and finding your place and rescue your land into the picture. 

I already think that Uta No Prince Sama is a pain and it only had 4 seasons so far but they just deliver fanservice now instead of actually deliver a storyline that makes sense because of many many plot holes. I could sin that anime for the plotholes. ex. If Heavens had disappeared they would be gone from the market in many years and not only like maximum a year since a normal boyband produce one CD a year, but there have only gone like I think a year in the anime. Yes you got it, a year. On 4 seasons. They haven't even celebrated christmas twice. The winter first started again and that is season four...what means heavens have been gone for 6 months. Like that is any disappearance lol.

Anyway, I'm an Otaku who prefer sub and mangas ;) 

• Like 1

Anime? Yes I have watched some. Was searching for a topic on this. I generally enjoy it. I got into anime thanks to Toonami on Cartoon Network. Currently, I watch the close-enough-to-be-an-anime RWBY V4 by RoosterTeeth. And soon i will be watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin as it just completed upload on a site, today. I really like the Gundam franchise as a whole. Thanks to the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games, recently the Reborn title. But I've seen other anime too, I just lock up on my memory when asked: 

Ouran High School Host Club

Fruits Basket

Mobile Suit Gundam

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt

Kill la Kill

Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou)

Mob Psycho 100

RWBY (now Japanese dubbed)

I also love the Avatar the Last Airbender series, used to watch that again and again on Nicktoons channel. Still haven't seen Legend of Korra though, just so many things I want to do. So little time.

And of course, I like some of the abridged series of anime. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged series (YGOTAS) comes to mind. 

I like some Miyazaki films, like Spirited Away and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. 

Nausicaaposter.jpg

here are some of mine.

1. Saint Seiya
  2. Black butler
  3. Gundam
  4. Dragon ball z
  5. Naruto
  6. Vampire Knight
  7. Full metal alchemist
  8. One piece
  9. Gatcha Man
  10. Tekkaman blade
  11. Cashern sins
  12. Cowboy bebop
  • Like 1

It's been a while since I was interested in an anime, last one I really enjoyed was Gurren Lagann back in 2008. Most anime nowadays doesn't really do it for me

I still love to rewatch a ton of my favorites every once in a while though, like Gurren Lagann, DBZ, G Gundam, etc.

Enjoyed and like some anime, Gurren Laggan is my favorite, also enjoyed Hetaila, One Punch Man, Steins gate, Persona 4 & Devil Part-Timer.

Akame & Chelsea (Akame Ga Kill), Karen Araragi, Suzuha Amane, Ouka Yuuouji, Miu Fuurinji and Karuta Roromiya are my favorite female anime characters, also they are some of my waifus.

Other anime character that my favorite are Saitama, Chi Yamada and Menchi

Don't watch much lately.

• Like 1

Yes I do watch anime have watched it for years my favorite anime being Inuyasha, but I have watched many others as well the list would be a long one so not going to post all the ones I've watched and I also have a manga collection a big part of it is my Inuyasha mangas in color and non color, but I do have other manga as well.

I have watched anime many years so I will list a few here I like

Inuyasha

Trigun

Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood

Fruits Basket

Ouran Highschool Host club

Junjou Romantica

Sekaichi Hatsukoi

Hetalia (been meaning to catch up on the other new series just havent had the time)

Yu Yu Hakusho

Shirokuma cafe

Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories

Paranoia agent

I think if i keep listing them I am going to be here all day so I will end it here.

Not sure if it's taboo bumping old threads on here, but I'm gonna bump anyways because I'd rather not duplicate threads and I'm also a huge weeb.

I tend to lean towards subs because I feel that 9/10, Japanese voice actors' voices carry a lot more inflection than their English counterparts.

That, and I can't really immerse myself in an anime set in Japan when everyone's speaking English, know what I mean?

Some of my absolute favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, My Hero Academia and K-On!.

Some simulcast animes I've been watching have been Dragon Ball Super and Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Both have been enjoyable so far.

Some of my favorite mangas have been Codename Sailor V and K-On! College.

I've also been reading quite a bit of simulpub mangas simultaneously, but I've been the most invested in Monster Musume and One Punch-Man.

I've watched more animes than I've read mangas, so here's my MAL page to see what animes I've wasted my time on watched.