Aaargh Zombies

Is there going to be an IDW Christmas special this year?

I was hoping so, but with there being no signs of it this close, I don't think they are going to keep doing them.

They may not of sold that well, I know my one comic shop could not get rid of anything EQG they ordered - merch or comics.

On 17/11/2016 at 3:08 AM, Itcheeee said:

They may not of sold that well, I know my one comic shop could not get rid of anything EQG they ordered - merch or comics.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't think that a comic book store is the optimum place to sell EQG toys or merch. They'd probably have had just as much trouble shifting Barbie dolls or Monster High merch.

We're talking about literal dolls aimed at actual little girls, rather than collectables or figurines.

My local comic book store is pretty much a child free environment, and I wouldn't go there for EQG merch. It'd go to a toy store.

On 13/11/2016 at 3:27 PM, Anti-Villain said:

Hopefully a new EQG one to make up for the "Anon-A-Miss" one.

Anon-A-Miss was worth it for that scene where Sunset Shimmer talks about her family.

I'd have brought it for that page alone.

On 11/20/2016 at 6:34 AM, Aaargh Zombies said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't think that a comic book store is the optimum place to sell EQG toys or merch. They'd probably have had just as much trouble shifting Barbie dolls or Monster High merch.

We're talking about literal dolls aimed at actual little girls, rather than collectables or figurines.

My local comic book store is pretty much a child free environment, and I wouldn't go there for EQG merch. It'd go to a toy store.

Oh I totally get what you mean, but they were trying to sell the minis and some redbubble tshirts besides the comics on a display actually. I should of specified that lol

Anything pony sells well there, and they have a huge wall of pony stuff. It would be totally out of place for them to sell the regular dolls, but pretty funny if they did! :P

16 hours ago, Itcheeee said:

Oh I totally get what you mean, but they were trying to sell the minis and some redbubble tshirts besides the comics on a display actually. I should of specified that lol

Anything pony sells well there, and they have a huge wall of pony stuff. It would be totally out of place for them to sell the regular dolls, but pretty funny if they did! :P

Wait ... The mini's didn't sell?

I've had no end of trouble actually finding a store that stocks the minis. I've been trying to get a complete set form a couple of the ranges since they come out. Some of them, like Sunset Shimmer, don't seem to be stocked anywhere.

Hoping for another EQG one that makes up for the one it got a couple of years ago, one that's actually about Christmas, no BS cyberbullying story that does a horrific job at tackling it's topic. Conflict is fine but, nothing that makes you feel miserable and really doesn't need it. When you deliver a story centered around Christmas, people expect it actually be about Christmas. Make it like a Secret Santa story where each character has to get a gift for whoever they're assigned to but have a difficult time on what to get

On 22/11/2016 at 11:32 PM, Megas75 said:

Hoping for another EQG one that makes up for the one it got a couple of years ago, one that's actually about Christmas, no BS cyberbullying story that does a horrific job at tackling it's topic. Conflict is fine but, nothing that makes you feel miserable and really doesn't need it. When you deliver a story centered around Christmas, people expect it actually be about Christmas. Make it like a Secret Santa story where each character has to get a gift for whoever they're assigned to but have a difficult time on what to get

I thought that story was about friendship, and about people coming together.

That's pretty Christmassy in my eyes.