LostSanity

Should I get the Danganronpa series? (help I guess)

I wasn't sure if something like this belonged here or Pony Off Topic. It is technically about gaming... so that's why I posted it here. However, if this is the incorrect area, I do apologize and ask it to be moved to the proper location.

Anyway...

So... I just read that Danganronpa is being re-released for the PS4. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/199369-danganronpa-1-2-reload

I've heard A LOT about this series. Too much honestly. I was planning on watching the anime too. I don't know much about it. Well... I know a little about it from stuff I've read about it.

The question now is... since the first 2 games are being re-released for the PS4... should I get it?

I would like this forum's opinion on if I should get it or not. If your a fan of Danganronpa feel free to post here as well but I would also liked unbiased thoughts and opinions as well.

I guess it's similar to Ace Attorney? Is it? It seems to be but I'm not sure honestly. I mean if it is then that's a plus to get me to get it.

I just want some opinions here. I've heard too much about it and I'm curious to see what the big deal is.

So... should I get it?

Feel free to persuade me to get it if you're a fan of the series.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Yes! Definitely get it; doesn't matter which platform. The anime is good too, but it's mostly for people who played the game.

Hell yeah. I was introduced a few years back into it by Tumblr while the first anime was running. Which I watched first and then got a Vita and the games for Christmas. The plot is very well written, the characters are amazing and the art style is beautiful. It's a very good series and I recommend picking it up.

Also I'm married to Nagito Komaeda so keep your hands away from him incase you catch feelings for him like I (sadly) did :ajlol:

I'll probably make something similar to this on the GameFAQs 1-2 Reload thread when it gets closer to release and then I'll make my final decision.

I started the first game after watching the anime, and I highly recommend playing the game first before watching the original. It goes through the game super fast and will spoil major things within just an episode or two. Or if you don't care about that much, go ahead and watch the anime. I can say everything in the game is much more developed, including the characters. So if you like a certain character, you'll get to learn a ton more about every one in the actual game. I could give the games a 9 out of 10 100% seriously, they are weird but awesome titles. 

13 hours ago, Itcheeee said:

I highly recommend playing the game first before watching the original.

The game is the original.

13 hours ago, ultimateAI said:

The game is the original.

Oh I meant the first anime by "the original", since there are animes based on the later games out now. I know the game came first, no worries :)