Havocbyte

Am I the only person on this planet who liked Newbie Dash?

I'm not denying that her idea of imitating her friends in a desperate attempt to get another nickname was dumb. At least it was treated as such in-universe. But Dash doing something crazy because she's overreacting is hardly new. (Shall we forget this is the same pony who tried to stop winter to keep Tank with her? Or her scheme to steal the Daring Do book from the hospital because she didn't want to admit to Twilight she liked it after dismissing it?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

Ah, but suppose the rest of the Wonderbolts figured out what she was trying to do, and Spitfire sort of wink-nudge-follow-my-lead went along with it, just to see how long they could get Dash to stay in character as a doormat.

Mhm! Like I said, interesting idea. I believe what I said still holds, though.

I liked Newbie Dash more than I disliked it.

Likewise, my only real problem with 28 Pranks Later was how it completely disregarded Dash learning not to prank Fluttershy back in Griffon The Brush Off; other than that, me likey.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Princess Rainbow Magic Pants said:

What I wanna know is: am I the only person who likes 28 Pranks Later? I'd actually rank it among the best episodes of the season.

You are not. :mlp_smile:

28 Pranks Later and The Cart Before the Ponies ate pretty good S1, maybe S2, episodes. The issue is that they're in S6, and the ponies involved no longer act like they did in those two episodes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Princess Rainbow Magic Pants said:

What I wanna know is: am I the only person who likes 28 Pranks Later? I'd actually rank it among the best episodes of the season.

I kind of liked it as well.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call it a favorite, but I didn't hate 28 Pranks Later eiither. I thought it was a fun little episode. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but there are very few episodes I actively dislike. (Spike at Your Service is pretty much it. Even then, it has some bits I like. I don't even mind Princess Spike much, though it's on the low end of episodes for me.)

• Like 1

Newbie Dash was soulcrushing levels of disappointing and awful, and the fact that they aired 28 Pranks Later felt like the writers kicking someone while they were down

I'm sorry that I can't be positive in this, but considering how long I waited for this to happened there could've been sooooo many better was to approach this moment