Lord Seraph

NES Classic Mini

Okay... these are tough fYAYers to find, let alone get. I have yet to even find one in stock.

nes-classic-edition-box.png

Seeing as how it's basically a miniature NES console remake with built in 30 of the best hit games on the NES. I cannot pass this down!

But getting it and finding it is tricky? And scalpers are everywhere trying to dupe people into paying $200-$500 for one(Not falling that)

Has anyone here gotten one? Where and how should I acquire one? And whether or not they'd be available again.

Please, I REALLY want one!

I haven't gotten one yet. I remember on Walmart's website they claimed they had some in stock. But they sold out in (To quote Rainbow Dash:) ten seconds flat.

I'm pretty sure that they'll be available again after Christmas. Maybe around the New Year's Eve/Day time frame.

It's a nintendo marketing gimmick to understock so that there is more demand and they can bump up the price, they did the same thing with amiibos. You probably won't be able to find one for a few weeks.

I wanted the NES Mini but unfortunately I can't since Nintendo went with their usual business practice by under stocking them and the scalpers got to them. Since Nintendo does nothing to combat this I decided "Screw this, if Nintendo is going to keep up with these business practices that help scalpers, I'm not going to give them my money!"

And so I got a Dendy instead for $42.

s-l1000.jpg

Yeah, it may not use HDMI or Save States but it has 260 games (The Model I got, anyway) as opposed to 30 and it actually uses Famicom Cartridges.

I may pick up the NES Mini if Nintendo ever restocks it but right now it seems like the much cheaper famiclones that have build in games or multicarts seem like the best way to go and I'll heavily recommend them.

51 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Just get your hooves on an actual NES and some games.

This. There are even mods for RGB / HDMI output on those if you want. And if you want to play roms on an NES; just get an Everdrive.
Personally I stick to cycle accurate stuff, with the exception of RGB mods.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 5:20 PM, Steamworks said:

Just get your hooves on an actual NES and some games.

On 11/26/2016 at 6:12 PM, ArcticEight said:

This. There are even mods for RGB / HDMI output on those if you want. And if you want to play roms on an NES; just get an Everdrive.
Personally I stick to cycle accurate stuff, with the exception of RGB mods.

What these guys said. It's quite a bit of money to get both the NES and everdrive but worth it.

But for those who don't want to spend the cash and are looking for an alternative to the NES Mini then I'd say that your best bet is a Russian or Chinese famiclone (preferably one with built-in games) and a multi-cart.

Last I looked, an NES was like $50-60 on eBay, and you can find cheap (like $5 or less) NES games all over flea markets and yard sales (sometimes even good NES games). 

In my experience, the only real issue with the NES is that the 72 pin connector wears out over time. Using a bit of a paperclip, you can refurbish the connector, or you can get an aftermarket replacement for $10 or less on eBay. If you can use a screwdriver, you can refurbish/replace that connector yourself. It's the only thing mine has needed in its nearly 30 years of service so far.