Aaargh Zombies

Which parts of Fanon have become Canon?

DHX and Hasbro have been extraordinarily open molding elements of Fanon into Canon. More so than any other show that I've ever seen.

How many different elements can you think of that started out as being Fanon which then became Canon.

For example, Derpy being called Derpy and loving Muffins. Then being a Mail Pony.

Lyra's name, and her Friendship with Bonbon (Shipped so hard in the books that the writer puts in more double entendres than a British sitcom)?

The word Alicorn to describe ... well ... Alicorns.

Most of the stuff in Slice of Life.

14 minutes ago, baltoist said:

Too much of it

There's no such thing.

I'd like to see some fan-fic writers being taken on for one-off scripts. Particularly for characters that aren't tackled in canon.

• Like 1

I guess Thorax has now made it canon to have changelings who merely want to make friends and live off love in a peaceful way, so many changeling OCs that had backstories of acceptance and looking for a partner to sustain them in a more friendly way is now very viable and normal.

• Like 1

Lots of stuff.

Most of the content in 'Slice of Life' a.k.a. Episode 100 came from fanon stuff I'm sure and they made it canon which is why it was BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

4 hours ago, Jederick said:

And her being unable to flight in "Flight to the finish" could count, too, right?

All we need now is her being an orphan (?)

First one definitely, confirmed in "The Fault in Our Cutie Marks". But is she an orphan officially? "Flight to the Finish" definitely show her in her own home, but didn't really expand on that - is it her parents home? An orphanage?

23 hours ago, KiiKrindar said:

First one definitely, confirmed in "The Fault in Our Cutie Marks". But is she an orphan officially? "Flight to the Finish" definitely show her in her own home, but didn't really expand on that - is it her parents home? An orphanage?

Parent's are often absent in animation. It doesn't really mean anything canon.

• Like 1