Ok, so after watching the Sixth season finale, and re-watching the third season pener. I have come up with a idea....What if Queen Chrysalis finds some way to bring Sombra back? Ok let me explain. If you watch closely on the Season three opener, You can see in the remains of King Sombra's shattered remains....His horn is there....Not is shattered pieces, but a full Horn no damage. We see in the Season Six finale that Queen Chrysalis's throne is powered by a 'deep magic', Such as Sombra's 'Dark Magic', that all beside for the power used does not work. Think about Twilight, Before she opened the 'Starcase' , You see that using by only using 'Dark Magic' was she able to open it. Back to my point. In the IDW comics, a figure named Radient Hope revived Sombra. After that Lightning Dust, Flim&Flam, Iron Will, Sombra,& Chrysalis team up, creating chaos in the Crystal Empire. What if that happened....Chrysalis, Sombra, and other ally's teaming up... Now I know this is a kid show...but still!!  This is an idea that I would love to see considered, and or talked about it. Please join in on this conversation! Have a great Day/Night!  :sunset:    But that's just a theory!.....A King Sombra theory!!!:approve:

Edited by King Sombra Returns

I'm not sure honestly.

If they did that it would undo everything that happened in the MLP comic arc where Sombra was redeemed. Thus possibly making the comics non-canon. Or at least that particular comic arc.

Not that it's not an interesting idea.

The comics sort of exist in their own little world. The show has its sandbox to play in and the comics have theirs. While the show used Sombra as an advancing wall of doom devoid of personality, the comics gave him some kickass story arcs and fleshed him out into a real character. I'd love to see some of that character development for him in the cartoon proper, but probably he's just dead now. Until the next writer comes along who's two hours from a deadline and needs a villain to once again threaten the fate of Equestria.

Having Chrysalis form a Legion of Doom would be awesome. Given the rate of reformation for serious troublemakers in Equestria, however, it would probably be more like a Legion of Jerks. Chrysalis brings back Sombra, busts Tirek out of Demigod Jail, and then... recruits Lightning Dust? The Flim Flam Brothers? That one sleazebag who scalped a rock pouch to Pinkie Pie? If there was one thing from the Umbra arc that seemed far-fetched to me, it's that someone like Iron Will would have the time or inclination to join a grand, nefarious plot against the Mane 6 and Equestria. Dude's got seminars to run.

Not only that, Iron Will was never presented as a 'bad guy'. He was just too extreme with his seminars, but ended up letting Fluttershy get away with it without paying. He didn't even claimed that he would be back for revenge or anything.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'm kinda...skeptical about this idea. Not because I think its bad, but because lately I do not trust the stuff with handling villains. It was a miracle Chrysalis wasn't reformed, but we ended up loosing and entire race such as the changelings because of that (and lets be honest, NOBODY will write awesome fanfics about...those things now). Seeing a bunch of villains joining up sounds cool, specially like some sort of "anti-Mane Six" team, but well, they would surely end up becoming a force of good (heck, even Sombra became good in the comic).

So, sounds nice, but I really don't know if they can pull it off right now. I'm still waiting for an evil Earth Pony to show up, though. If you aren't a unicorn its like if you can't do anything important in Equestria anymore. 

Yeah. Besides, Sombra's redemption in the comics was actually good.

The other so-called 'redemptions'?

lolnopetheysucked

git gud writers.

:applebelch:

On 12/2/2016 at 11:43 AM, Jederick said:

So, sounds nice, but I really don't know if they can pull it off right now. I'm still waiting for an evil Earth Pony to show up, though. If you aren't a unicorn its like if you can't do anything important in Equestria anymore.

They'd have to be a master manipulator. Irreproachable on the surface, a model citizen, probably well-connected, and scheming in secret to do things of an unkind nature. The thing with earth ponies is they're hilariously handicapped compared to unicorns, so in a straight up battle there's no question who's gonna end up on the ground with little tweety-birds circling around their head. Earth ponies don't even have opposable thumbs! So our hypothetical villain confronts Twilight Sparkle and is all like "imma kick you" and Twilight just shakes her head in amusement, picks him up and puts him in the time-out corner.

Althoughhhhh there is an interesting potential there for an earth pony who's bitter about the whole "unable to easily manipulate objects in basic ways" thing, and labors for years to build futuristic weapons and armor, getting mad skilled at working delicate tools with her mouth, before going on a revenge quest against all those stuck-up unicorns and pegasi who get to do things like fly and casually pick stuff up. I'd love to see the writing staff include a believable earth pony villain.

On 12/2/2016 at 11:43 AM, Jederick said:

Not only that, Iron Will was never presented as a 'bad guy'. He was just too extreme with his seminars, but ended up letting Fluttershy get away with it without paying. He didn't even claimed that he would be back for revenge or anything.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I'm kinda...skeptical about this idea. Not because I think its bad, but because lately I do not trust the stuff with handling villains. It was a miracle Chrysalis wasn't reformed, but we ended up loosing and entire race such as the changelings because of that (and lets be honest, NOBODY will write awesome fanfics about...those things now). Seeing a bunch of villains joining up sounds cool, specially like some sort of "anti-Mane Six" team, but well, they would surely end up becoming a force of good (heck, even Sombra became good in the comic).

Wait, haven't Earth Ponies been shown simply using their front hooves for hands?

And don't most magic-users tend to be Glass Cannons anyway? (Even Discord seems to have to actively use his magic to defend himself.)

Why quoting me about the hand thing? I wasn't the one who pointed that out xD

And Glass Cannons or not, every mayor villain either uses magic or has a horn. That's one of the reasons why I liked Tirek so much...he was a mix of brute force and magic. But after that we have Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, Glimmer. They all relay on magic. And they all have horns. Even Big Mac, the strongest example of Earth Pony we have, dreams about having a horn. So yeah, sounds pretty sad for Earth Ponies :/

On 02/12/2016 at 4:21 PM, Friendship is Horses said:

The comics sort of exist in their own little world. The show has its sandbox to play in and the comics have theirs.

That's no strictly true. If you speak to the various people who have been part of the MLP team at IDW (They tend to have many different artists and story writers who move around between comics quite regularly) they will quickly tell you that Hasbro constantly sends them memos telling them to either take things out or to put things in. They have much less creative freedom than a lot of other franchises.

Hasbro trying really hard to make sure that absolutely nothing goes into the comic which might later be contradicted by the show because they want to keep a single canon that can be applied to both universes, and to avoid the mess that franchises like Transformers got into where the US and Europe both had their own comic canons, and there was a show canon that was different again, all within the confines of G1.

On 29/11/2016 at 1:29 AM, King Sombra Returns said:

Ok, so after watching the Sixth season finale, and re-watching the third season pener. I have come up with a idea....What if Queen Chrysalis finds some way to bring Sombra back? Ok let me explain. If you watch closely on the Season three opener, You can see in the remains of King Sombra's shattered remains....His horn is there....Not is shattered pieces, but a full Horn no damage. We see in the Season Six finale that Queen Chrysalis's throne is powered by a 'deep magic', Such as Sombra's 'Dark Magic', that all beside for the power used does not work. Think about Twilight, Before she opened the 'Starcase' , You see that using by only using 'Dark Magic' was she able to open it. Back to my point. In the IDW comics, a figure named Radient Hope revived Sombra. After that Lightning Dust, Flim&Flam, Iron Will, Sombra,& Chrysalis team up, creating chaos in the Crystal Empire. What if that happened....Chrysalis, Sombra, and other ally's teaming up... Now I know this is a kid show...but still!!  This is an idea that I would love to see considered, and or talked about it. Please join in on this conversation! Have a great Day/Night!  :sunset:    But that's just a theory!.....A King Sombra theory!!!:approve:

Hasbro are pushing hard to ensure that the comics and the show don't conflict, so nothing that's appeared in an IDW comic will be reimagined in the show.