Sign in to follow this  
Azalea Floria

Heads up for everyone

I remember when I was trading up and eventually got to a low-tier knife in csgo.

The spam of requests from phishers was real.

Heh. "Your old friend." Not even, "Some old friend of yours that's apparently on my friends list who thinks i would be the one to contact to get a hold of you" 

I delete every request I get from someone who doesn't know someone I know, talk to, or I have played with. I nuke everything else on sight.

I delete every request I get from someone who doesn't know someone I know, talk to, or I have played with. I nuke everything else on sight.

Yeah, if the profile is private, then I block you outright. If I can't link you in some way to any of my other friends/groups/servers I regular, I'll usually ignore you.

• Like 1

Too bad there are too many suckers out there who will fall for it.  I remember getting hit with one of these back when the Koobface Virus was circulating on Facebook. Fell for it, but at least the damage wasn't too big.

So a while ago, I got a friend request, as soon as I accepted they immediately sent all this http://i.imgur.com/RdcJ7z4.png

so I believe is "Phishing" season now...hope y'all be careful not to get your account hijacked or your items stolen

Started a few months ago on my steam account, and never stopped. From time to time it slows down, only to hand you over 5 friend requests on the next day.

I now started with profiling: Every name that isn't familiar and has a steam level below 5 is instantly banned.

However thanks for the screeny, always wondered how the scam looks like. I like how they changed "steamcommunity" to "steamcommumilty" to get you on a phishing site.