Storm Lantern

What do you do to calm down?

I have a tendency to let things like people being stupid or insulting get me worked up. When that happens, I have a hard time thinking of anything else, and it can ruin my whole day if I let it.

About the only thing that helps is distracting myself with something.

I've done it with MLP, Minecraft(360), Rockband, and several other things.

What do you play/watch/listen to that makes you feel calm?

I have come to accept people as people, and have very few expectations from them, even more so for people from the internet. If someone's being particularly dumb, I just roll my eyes and ignore them. 

Play video games, it serves as an outlet for my rage so it doesn't build up too much, especially with my current job, lots of stress.

If it builds up too much I can start to get a bit angry at people, but after playing some games (and a bit of muffled yelling) I feel better.

I used to have a huge tolerence to idiocdy and insults, but lately it shrunk a bit.

Edited by Badshot

I thought holding it all in was a good idea but I then found it was an awful idea since the steam within me blew out, thus lashing at my friend on a school trip...and feeling awful about it ;-; So I just listen to some music and/or play plenty of video games.

I rarely let things get to me, but on the rare occasion that something does my wife normally steps in and calms me down. Writing helps as well. 

Ok, this is a huge problem of mine. Depending on the situation, I don't really have a way to calm down / calm down way too late, after a bunch of yelling/ swearing/ hurtful things have been said.

what I need to do more is chill out before I get to that level.

these are some of things I do to calm down sometimes.

- watch baseball 

- watch a wwe ppv

- crank the music up and listen to your favorite song

- watch ponies

- go for a walk

- literally Netflix and chill

- watch a really funny movie

Watching or reading something that'll make me laugh really helps.  Listening to music, my personal choice is classical because it's so relaxing and soothing.  And doing something I really enjoy to reward myself for handling such a thing.  I'll admit getting some of my favorite yet most unhealthy foods is among the things I do to reward myself.  I can usually tell if I've been stressed more than usual because I'll start gaining weight.  :?

I usually step back and start reflecting on what got me worked up, then after few minutes I go do something else, read a book, watch a movie or beat things up in a video game.

Generally, I set myself a goal and, in achieving it, feel much better. Of course, if I can't achieve it I can become more frustrated, so it's far from perfect.