Ikaribunbun

Sky stinger and Vapor trail

Ok so for some reason today I can't get these two outta my head and not in a good way.  You see I rewatched the episode top bolt where these two were introduced to see what my previous gripe with the character Sky stinger was.

Upon rewatching I realized that his cocky attitude and stubborn personality made me incredibly uncomfortable even now as I write this,you see the show heavily implies a strong bond between him and Vapor trail and I believe it given the small backstory we got;my problem however is that it feels like Vapor shouldn't put up with him or even like him as much as she does.

Now that being said I would feel a bit better if he was a kinder more thoughtful person while still having that confident personality that he has (similar to RD). idk I just feel tha whille a part of me likes seing them together another  feel unreasonably uncomfortable and uneasy and I don't know why! 

So anyways this might just be silly tbh,I'm 100% sure I've felt this way before over other couples/friends in media but I could never point out what it was exactly.

But yeah what are your thoughts? Do you feel a similar way? do you like these two romantically or platonically? Anyways whatever it is just leave a response and if you can help me find why I'm uncomfortable with Sky stinger then please let me know!

Me personally I felt that these two where really good characters, there good foils for each other.

I feel why you feel this way is because the story telling is Made to make you feel this way (me included) it feels wrong right? Also in media in other works itself tells you to hate this type of character (unless in a comedic way). no one likes that guy/girl that thinks he is better then anyone else. Especially then he's a fake

but the we learned that Sky stinger just wanted to be noticed, just to have the spotlight just once in his life while Vapor didn't want it or was sick of the spotlight.

what I'm trying to say is that Vapor wouldn't leave because she was happy making Sky stinger feel awesome and in turn Vapor got what she wanted, To get out of the spotlight stop feeling noticed as a bonus they where friends. I don't feel that Sky stinger was bad to Vapor (as we don't know there back story) no I feel he would be very nice to her.

how he never found out she was helping him ill never know (did He never look down!?)  and of course Sky stinger would feel betrayed Imagine doing something you love and then found out your friend was pulling the strings and of course Vapor would feel like her efforts were in vain and resent him.

to answer the Question more fully, Vapor wouldn't leave because she gets everything she wants out of this relationship making Sky stinger happy is all she wanted even if Sky stinger was a little short sighted (or a lot) he got a sidekick to tell him he's cool. Together there Yin-Yang two half's existing co-dependently but that's just my thoughts. best ship sense lyra and Bon bon but what do I know abronyaccountant probably has something better to say (notice me senpai)

1 hour ago, Lee Roy said:

Me personally I felt that these two where really good characters, there good foils for each other.

I feel why you feel this way is because the story telling is Made to make you feel this way (me included) it feels wrong right? Also in media in other works itself tells you to hate this type of character (unless in a comedic way). no one likes that guy/girl that thinks he is better then anyone else. Especially then he's a fake

but the we learned that Sky stinger just wanted to be noticed, just to have the spotlight just once in his life while Vapor didn't want it or was sick of the spotlight.

what I'm trying to say is that Vapor wouldn't leave because she was happy making Sky stinger feel awesome and in turn Vapor got what she wanted, To get out of the spotlight stop feeling noticed as a bonus they where friends. I don't feel that Sky stinger was bad to Vapor (as we don't know there back story) no I feel he would be very nice to her.

how he never found out she was helping him ill never know (did He never look down!?)  and of course Sky stinger would feel betrayed Imagine doing something you love and then found out your friend was pulling the strings and of course Vapor would feel like her efforts were in vain and resent him.

to answer the Question more fully, Vapor wouldn't leave because she gets everything she wants out of this relationship making Sky stinger happy is all she wanted even if Sky stinger was a little short sighted (or a lot) he got a sidekick to tell him he's cool. Together there Yin-Yang two half's existing co-dependently but that's just my thoughts. best ship sense lyra and Bon bon but what do I know abronyaccountant probably has something better to say (notice me senpai)

Yeah this makes sense,tbh when i said he treated her bad is more the way he boasts himself up and throws towels at her face without thinking about her.

And even with your explanation I still feel like there's an unexplained passion for vapor to help Sky? like I get why she's doing what she's doing but idk it seems like there should be more to it don't you think? I mean she really doesn't seem to have the same passion for flying in the wonderbolts like the rest do (though she seems to get more into it by the end ik).

Idk maybe the reason I feel uncomfortable seeing them together is because of Sky's cocky attitude and Vapor's over willingness to be by his side,I mean again I get her initial reasoning for it but I feel there should be a bit more as to why she went as far as to joining the wonderbolts which goes against her not wanting attention drawn to her idk.

But yeah I can agree with what you've said,I just wish I still didn't feel uncomfortable with them being together.  X/

Idk maybe if Vapor was more confident I'd probably be shrugging this whole thing off. :B

13 hours ago, Ikaribunbun said:

Yeah this makes sense,tbh when i said he treated her bad is more the way he boasts himself up and throws towels at her face without thinking about her.

And even with your explanation I still feel like there's an unexplained passion for vapor to help Sky? like I get why she's doing what she's doing but idk it seems like there should be more to it don't you think? I mean she really doesn't seem to have the same passion for flying in the wonderbolts like the rest do (though she seems to get more into it by the end ik).

Idk maybe the reason I feel uncomfortable seeing them together is because of Sky's cocky attitude and Vapor's over willingness to be by his side,I mean again I get her initial reasoning for it but I feel there should be a bit more as to why she went as far as to joining the wonderbolts which goes against her not wanting attention drawn to her idk.

But yeah I can agree with what you've said,I just wish I still didn't feel uncomfortable with them being together.  X/

Idk maybe if Vapor was more confident I'd probably be shrugging this whole thing off. :B

My headcanon is Vapor is going to be there for Sky through thick and thin, where ever he will walk Vapor's going to be there by his side. Does she really need a explanation? she was being nice, she saw a pony that lacked something she always had and in turn he gave her something that she wanted. What she wants is what Sky wants. BUT I do think there Friendship maybe a little one sided Sky being so... thick

Will we ever get an explanation? Nope. what we saw is what we get its frustrating to me as I LOVE story in MLP but as a Writer I can explore how characters make me feel or make headcanon to explain things that the show doesn't tell me up front. 

1 hour ago, Lee Roy said:

My headcanon is Vapor is going to be there for Sky through thick and thin, where ever he will walk Vapor's going to be there by his side. Does she really need a explanation? she was being nice, she saw a pony that lacked something she always had and in turn he gave her something that she wanted. What she wants is what Sky wants. BUT I do think there Friendship maybe a little one sided Sky being so... thick

Will we ever get an explanation? Nope. what we saw is what we get its frustrating to me as I LOVE story in MLP but as a Writer I can explore how characters make me feel or make headcanon to explain things that the show doesn't tell me up front. 

Pretty much that's another part that bothers me,I mean if it's gonna be sorta one sided I would have preferred it if it were from Sky's side and not Vapor since imo it would make more sense (him wanting attention and all).  And I guess we don't necesseraly need an explanation for it but idk I guess in part is that part of her personality or motivation is kinda offcharacter considering she's usually shy/reserved and then suddenly she's outgoing and being more of the center of attention with sky. (the way she pounces at him or when she says that sky can be her wingpony even though she didn't want attention)

idk maybe I'm reading too much into it or maybe I'm just not used to male characters in the show (cocky ones atleast),I sure as heck know that there must have been a few female characters like sky and I must have shrugged it off but eh maybe I'll come to appreciate him more in the future.

On other thing might be that their backstory feels a biiiit like one you'd see from 2 oc's in the fandom which isn't bad but might explain why I feel weird with how they're presented together. ^^;

(I guess I'm just more used to friendships with a more balanced set of personalities)

7 hours ago, Ikaribunbun said:

Pretty much that's another part that bothers me,I mean if it's gonna be sorta one sided I would have preferred it if it were from Sky's side and not Vapor since imo it would make more sense (him wanting attention and all).  And I guess we don't necesseraly need an explanation for it but idk I guess in part is that part of her personality or motivation is kinda offcharacter considering she's usually shy/reserved and then suddenly she's outgoing and being more of the center of attention with sky. (the way she pounces at him or when she says that sky can be her wingpony even though she didn't want attention)

idk maybe I'm reading too much into it or maybe I'm just not used to male characters in the show (cocky ones atleast),I sure as heck know that there must have been a few female characters like sky and I must have shrugged it off but eh maybe I'll come to appreciate him more in the future.

On other thing might be that their backstory feels a biiiit like one you'd see from 2 oc's in the fandom which isn't bad but might explain why I feel weird with how they're presented together. ^^;

(I guess I'm just more used to friendships with a more balanced set of personalities)

I really must thank you, today I had that itch to watch some MLP and I looked over that episode twice. I feel silly now because well my original statement about there relationship being one sided was true. Because that was kind of the reason for the episode in the first place, balancing out the imbalance of there relationship. Eventually Vapor wanted to become a Wonderbolt found a handy video.( around 4:40) Tldr: there relationship was imbalanced the mane Two fixed it now it all better

and looking over it again Sky was a jerk that's probably why you don't like him (he's fixed now you can like him now)

On 12/4/2016 at 10:05 PM, Lee Roy said:

I really must thank you, today I had that itch to watch some MLP and I looked over that episode twice. I feel silly now because well my original statement about there relationship being one sided was true. Because that was kind of the reason for the episode in the first place, balancing out the imbalance of there relationship. Eventually Vapor wanted to become a Wonderbolt found a handy video.( around 4:40) Tldr: there relationship was imbalanced the mane Two fixed it now it all better

and looking over it again Sky was a jerk that's probably why you don't like him (he's fixed now you can like him now)

Yeah he's fixed sorta but I feel that vapor made amends a bit too fast,I mean I obviously know it's because they have to resume everything in 20min but idk she went from being mad at him (not for a long time granted) to being best buds again.

And Again I don't hate Sky I was just annoyed with him (though initially his attitude almost did make me a want to hate him). Again like I said I'll just hope for another ep with those two maybe I'll end up loving both of them instead of just loving one of them.  ^^;

That being said I am kinda warming on to the idea of an unbalanced friendship finding balance it's just the execution might have been what ticked me off really I mean Rainbow has probably been like this many times and I've reacted better.  XP

On 04/12/2016 at 6:49 PM, Ikaribunbun said:

I sure as heck know that there must have been a few female characters like sky and I must have shrugged it off but eh maybe I'll come to appreciate him more in the future.

Sky Stinger is just Rainbow Dash without redeeming qualities, or at least without any shown within the episodes brief time frame.

Vapor leaving Sky is unlikely, as she is very much the pony that crafted him into the arrogant jerkwad he is today. She really should have popped that bubble at a earlier time, instead of prolonging and worsening the inevitable. I certainly can't blame him for reacting poorly to the revelation that he's built all of his dreams on somepony's deception, and that one of the core elements of how he defined himself is false.

1 hour ago, Revanche said:

Sky Stinger is just Rainbow Dash without redeeming qualities, or at least without any shown within the episodes brief time frame.

Vapor leaving Sky is unlikely, as she is very much the pony that crafted him into the arrogant jerkwad he is today. She really should have popped that bubble at a earlier time, instead of prolonging and worsening the inevitable. I certainly can't blame him for reacting poorly to the revelation that he's built all of his dreams on somepony's deception, and that one of the core elements of how he defined himself is false.

Guess that makes sense tbh I wanna give him a chance with atleast 1 or two more episodes featuring them together (or atleast sky interacting with one of the main cast),I mean I'm sure this same thing must have happened with characters like trixie and now people love her so maybe he'll come through and become a better person?

Either way I'd probably would have been way more comfortable if the balance in the friendship and forgiveness almost near the end didn't happen so fast and easy,ik they had to do it for timing reasons (each ep is around 22 min) so I wont give the episode that much crap.

I just hope I get to actually enjoy seeing both of these again instead of just one ^^; 

• Like 1