Kaethela

Bug Reporting

Please post any bugs, issues, etc. you encounter with the forums in this thread. I'll keep an up-to-date list in this post with current known issues, past issues that have been resolved, and whatever else is deemed useful to have. Bugs with our hosted game servers should be posted in the relevant game's FiG Server Suggestions thread.

REQUESTS

• Spoiler tags, youtube embeds
  • Blog
  • Keyboard shortcuts

FORUM BUGS

• Forgotten password page throws up error when trying to reset password
  • Error when sending confirmation e-mail on sign-up
  • Quick reply box does not auto-refresh the page but does add your post.
  • Captcha is broken, currently on captcha 1 for a fallback
  • 500 error in lots of places, especially user profiles
  • Unread content button gives 500 error
    • On mobile this instead gives a blank page. The activity page also does this.
  • Permissions issues for various subforums
  • Steam login handler broken
  • System clears sessions more frequently than necessary, leading to excessive logging out

Not so much a bug, but there doesn't seem to be a graceful way to embed YouTube videos, and the spoiler tag seems to not exist on here.

Not so much a bug, but there doesn't seem to be a graceful way to embed YouTube videos, and the spoiler tag seems to not exist on here.

Both should be simple fixes, will work on soon-ish.

BBCode usage

[youtube]{TEXT}[/youtube]
HTML replacement
[/code]

Help line

[code]To insert "youtube.com/watch?v=K5gQmIY3Kyw" or "youtu.be/K5gQmIY3Kyw" or "youtube.com/embed/K5gQmIY3Kyw", you would need to do the below [youtube]K5gQmIY3Kyw[/youtube]

Spoilers

http://phpbbandbbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?t=391

Got an extension with plenty of custom bbcodes, which includes a nicer youtube/general video embed. Hit the button with the arrow in it on the posting screen and paste the video URL into it. That thing will do the rest.

The tag still works if you prefer that one, but now requires the full URL.

Are there any extensions/plugins/mods/whatever that make common keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+b for bold, ctrl+i for italics, etc.) work in phpBB? It's not necessary, but it is a rather nice creature comfort.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I can't remember if it was phpBB or some other forum software I was looking at for PFC, but there might be a blog plugin/extension/mod thing. If it is for phpBB, could we get it, too?

Are there any extensions/plugins/mods/whatever that make common keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+b for bold, ctrl+i for italics, etc.) work in phpBB? It's not necessary, but it is a rather nice creature comfort.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I can't remember if it was phpBB or some other forum software I was looking at for PFC, but there might be a blog plugin/extension/mod thing. If it is for phpBB, could we get it, too?

Haven't been able to find extensions for either of these, but I'll keep looking. It's on the list.

Facebook and Google+ linking don't seem to work at the moment.

Facebook:

Facebook.png

Google+:

Google+.png

Edited by ArDee
Spoiler tags for consideration.

Facebook and Google+ linking don't seem to work at the moment.

Hidden Content

Hey! Thanks for letting us know. Sorry about the inconvenience there. Facebook and Google Plus should both now be fixed. /)

• Like 1

I don't know if it's an issue with the old version of Mobile Safari on my iPod or what, but sometimes attempting to respond to threads from there results in this, leaving me unable to reply until I refresh the page a few times.

Stuck how? I've noticed sometimes that it very subtly highlights buttons instead of clicking them, so I have to press "reply" multiple times before it finally takes. 

At least you can enter text. I tap to start entering and end up with a big, fat "Click To Choose Files" thing covering the entire text area.

Ohh. Weird. Mine likes to focus in that, but it'll scroll up to the text box too, though I know the iPhone browser can get stuck sometimes 

I've disabled attachments at least temporarily. This should fix the issue you two are experiencing. If we get a sudden deluge of requests to turn it back on, I'll try to find a better solution.

Are signature limitations working properly? I tried changing out the Big Mac gif in my sig for another, and it said all the images were too big. I think the biggest one is 71x50, which should be well under the "x200" limit.