Kaethela

Bug Reporting

Seem to have found an issue or two on mobile when replying to posts.

Sometimes I'll be trying to reply with Swype and words will not appear after a Swype. I would have to resort to hitting each key separately, which not a huge issue is sometimes annoying.

The other thing I've noticed is that occasionally after trying to reply and cutting a message short, the next time I pull up the reply box in the same thread, the previous message will remain. It can be remedied by deleting or highlighting and cutting the previous message, but now I've found something that doesn't work with either of those. In the Cards Against Equestria thread in the PC Games board, I quoted a member and made a mistake with it, somehow resulting in not being able to input text or delete it. After refreshing the page and figuring out how to delete the word that needed fixing, completed the reply and posted. After getting a response, I was trying to reply back but am stuck with the quote box in the reply area as seen here. I cannot delete it, and after both signing out and deleting cookies, it is still there.

The last paragraph is something that seems to be intentional, though the empty obnoxious quote box is probably something that is a little borked. It's also probably more the board software's fault than anything else and there isn't always a ton of stuff that can be done to fix it. After encountering the empty immortal quotebox of terribleness, I've found that if you completely empty it, click outside of it, then press enter or other text a few times, it tends to disappear on its own. 

You listed issues so I'll just post this here.

Signing up with Steam uses the current Steam name which seems to be permanent here. Thanksgiving's over and I would like to use my normal name now. I would be fine with just admin action.

~DictatorDuck, not turkey

You should be able to change your display name from the Account Settings section. If you've run out of name changes for the time being I can certainly take care of it for you, just let me know what you want the new name to be.

Bug report list in the OP should be current as of this writing. If I have missed any, please post them here.

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting logged off fairly often after the move? Or at the very least acting like I am logged off then logging me in when I hit the FiG banner (Refreshing still acts like I'm logged off, not sure what the hell is happening but getting kind of annoying)

9 minutes ago, recentteen14 said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting logged off fairly often after the move? Or at the very least acting like I am logged off then logging me in when I hit the FiG banner (Refreshing still acts like I'm logged off, not sure what the hell is happening but getting kind of annoying)

I think I know what might be causing this, will add it to the list. 

7 hours ago, Badshot said:

I think the "like this post" button disappeared...

Your usergroup had this disabled for some reason. Fixed. 

1 hour ago, Kaethela said:

Your usergroup had this disabled for some reason. Fixed. 

Odd, but thank you.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, Kaethela said:

To everyone who reported getting logged out sporadically - is this still occurring?

Was fine for a while, but has happened 3 times in a row these past couple of days now. Clicking on the banner still fixes it, at least.

18 hours ago, davidhsonic said:

I tried to change my profile picture on mobile, tapped the "Upload Photo" bubble, but the "Choose Single File..." button just scrolls up the page.

I honestly don't know if changing your picture on mobile works. I'll do some testing.

16 hours ago, davidhsonic said:

So, the "What's on your mind" bar in my profile just isn't showing up. It just isn't there.

This is not a bug; you just have not enabled the feature in your account settings. To do this, go to your profile page, click the Edit Profile button, and toggle the switch labelled "Enable status updates?"

Hope this helps!

(By the way, you can put whatever the heck you want in a signature. However, you will never make one of the same quality as mine, even if you're able to find it. :dealwithit:)

So, this will likely be laughed at by Sethisto and the others from EQD, but for the love of god CAN WE REMOVE THAT AD SPACE FROM HERE. That one sitting at the top of the page and lagging the everliving shit out of me whenever I visit this site now? Yeah, that one. That adspace is one of the reasons I stopped going to EQD- it lags the page somehow, whether adblock is there or not, to the point where I'm waiting a minute just to be able to scroll. Now it's here as well, and annoying me once again- adblock doesn't help, I don't know what you guys did to make it lag the whole page for so long whether there is an ad or not, but it's destabilizing the forum for me. This needs looked at/fixed, I really don't want to lose my browser for a minute at a time every time I visit the forum, possibly longer if it resets the page, or lose the forum. The lag from it was stupid on EQD, and it's unbelievably stupid here.