Kaethela

Bug Reporting

6 hours ago, Steamworks said:

Is it just me, or is the EQD feed on the sidebar thingy broken?

You mean the part that displays recent EqD blog posts? They're not showing up for me either.

On 1/11/2017 at 11:19 PM, Steamworks said:

Is it just me, or is the EQD feed on the sidebar thingy broken?

Yea its broken and needs to be updated, hang in there lads.

Maybe I am being blind or stupid. Or both.

But I can't seem to find the Status Update field ("What's on your mind"). I have looked all over my profile and I only see Search function. I can post on other users profiles new statuses just fine. I am using Firefox Mozilla browser.

1 hour ago, Cinder Vel said:

But I can't seem to find the Status Update field ("What's on your mind"). I have looked all over my profile and I only see Search function. I can post on other users profiles new statuses just fine. I am using Firefox Mozilla browser.

4Ktgy1E.png

Your page doesn't look like this?

2 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Enabled status updates for you, should work now.

• Like 1

I can't seem to reply to status updates from the unread content page. I have to go to the person's profile page instead. I don't remember if it's always been like this, but it has been for a while. I didn't say anything because I thought it might have been something with the software, but MLP Forums recently upgraded to the same version of IPB this site uses and I don't have this issue there, so I don't think it's supposed to be like that.

On 4/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

I can't seem to reply to status updates from the unread content page. I have to go to the person's profile page instead. I don't remember if it's always been like this, but it has been for a while. I didn't say anything because I thought it might have been something with the software, but MLP Forums recently upgraded to the same version of IPB this site uses and I don't have this issue there, so I don't think it's supposed to be like that.

Do you see the bit about reply count next to the timestamp? Like so:

vwyRixG.png

You can click where it says "1 reply" and it'll take you to the screen for that. If you can't see that, let me know. If you're referring to being able to reply directly from the sidebar, I don't remember that ever being a thing.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:13 PM, Kaethela said:

Do you see the bit about reply count next to the timestamp? Like so:

vwyRixG.png

You can click where it says "1 reply" and it'll take you to the screen for that. If you can't see that, let me know. If you're referring to being able to reply directly from the sidebar, I don't remember that ever being a thing.

I'm not referring to the sidebar. I mean when I click on unread content in the top right and adjust it for status updates. This is the page I'm referring to:

FY79o79.png

I type my reply into the reply box and click submit, but nothing happens. This is still happening after the issue where no one could post anywhere.

5 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Any particular reason why it took you a week+ to fix the posting issue?

Either way it took you way to long.

It took the time it needed to be fixed, that's all.

Since the posting issue has been fixed, I haven't been getting any e-mail notifications. I checked and it wasn't switched off and they're not going to spam either.

On 27-4-2017 at 6:40 PM, LostSanity said:

Any particular reason why it took you a week+ to fix the posting issue?

Either way it took you way to long.

It wasn't a easy fix that could just be solved using the forum administration tools. Part of the solution required several server software and hardware upgrades. Most of the EQD staff was out for BABSCon last week so didn't have access to a computer authorized for full server management, which was also cause of the delay.

Since the posting issue has been fixed, I haven't been getting any e-mail notifications. I checked and it wasn't switched off and they're not going to spam either.

This should also be fixed for any future e-mail notifications. :)

• Like 2

It's not letting me post status updates. It just isn't giving me the option. On top of that, there have been a couple of people telling me that they can't talk to me on my profile. Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I would like to know how to solve this.

5 hours ago, King Clark said:

It's not letting me post status updates. It just isn't giving me the option. On top of that, there have been a couple of people telling me that they can't talk to me on my profile. Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I would like to know how to solve this.

You may need to enable it. Go to your profile, click on "Edit Profile", and there should be something below your birthday settings about enabling status updates.

@Kaethela @Badshot

Right now i have a few bugs. When i look at the "who's online list" i only see me. No other members and no guests, even though others are here. And everytime i go to the main site, one of my messages shows up as unread even though i already read the message.

(Edit) Also, when i'm on the main site and click on my notifications the number that shows my new notifications doesn't disappear. And on some sections it doesn't shows the most recent poster.

Can you please take a look at that.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

@Kaethela @Badshot

Right now i have a few bugs. When i look at the "who's online list" i only see me. No other members and no guests, even though others are here. And everytime i go to the main site, one of my messages shows up as unread even though i already read the message.

Can you please take a look at that.

Thank you.

Same thing's happening for me. Just noticed it a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

In addition to what leonbrony17 and Shadow Dash said, I went to view status updates only to get a message that says "Sorry, there was an error loading more activity".

• Like 1

All upgrades have been completed and the forums should be functional again. If anything weird pops up after these upgrades please let us know.

• Thanks 1

In the EQD default theme, the contact us and theme selection option can't be seen. However, they can still be used to switch back if you click on them.

There seems to be a weird issue with pasting URLs that contain emoji codes. 

Example Image: 

1412436__safe_edit_edited+screencap_scre

Source: https://derpibooru.org/1412436?q=leslie+gore

URL: https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2017/4/15/1412436__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_lemon+hearts_moondancer_princess+celestia_twilight+sparkle_celestial+advice_spoiler-colon-s07e01_%F0%9F.jpeg

For some reason, I can't even paste the URL into the reply box.

Typing the URL by hand creates an automatic hyperlink but doesn't auto-embed the image.

Workaround: use Insert Other Media and Insert Image From URL (as above). Image is successfully embedded into the post.

Browser: Firefox 57