MLPisQuiteGood

Male alicorns. Possible?

In my opinion, it is possible. I mean, Big Mac turned into one during "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?". Granted, it was a dream, but the writers acknowledged the possibility. The thing is, a male pony should be highly trained in magic (and maybe friendship or something like that?) to achieve that status, and well...male ponies in the show never truly gets that much of attention (Season Six being one, for not saying the best, season in which male characters got a decent amount of spotlight). The only male pony who was trained in magic as far as I can remember was Star Swirl and he was just a unicorn.

Why not? The show hasn't gone into much detail on how the whole 'alicorn' thing works. Twilight's the only one we've seen ascend to the position, which she did by inventing a spell to fix another spell she cast. I'd like to think pegasi and earth ponies could become alicorns too, by performing exceptional feats of pegasus-ness and/or ponydom, but the pegasi at least have a pretty uphill battle ahead of them; if a sonic rainboom didn't do it, what would? A sonic rainboom 2.0? And all earth ponies have really got going for them is some bullshit about being supernaturally good at farming. I mean Applejack grew an apple one time that was big enough to carve a small cottage out of, but she didn't get wings or a horn for it. Maybe the whole alicorn thing is a myth. Maybe they're all just unicorns who grew wings subconsciously with their magic because they thought they had some magical destiny. And Flurry Heart just has a weird mutation.

But male alicorns, sure. I don't see how a(n implied) penis would prevent the transformation.

• Like 1

I do know that in a French magazine from many many years ago, there was a male alicorn named Leon, who was Celestia's four-year old cousin .Though it's not canon since it's from a magazine for kids, I do think male alicorns are possible in the actual canon. 

latest?cb=20130928001334

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChibiDashie said:

I do know that in a French magazine from many many years ago, there was a male alicorn named Leon, who was Celestia's four-year old cousin .Though it's not canon since it's from a magazine for kids, I do think male alicorns are possible in the actual canon. 

latest?cb=20130928001334

He's canon to me, now! :D Who's a cute widdle colt? Yes, you are!

And I see no reason why not.

13 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

I'll just add my opinion that there is nothing in the cartoon that prevents it, since alicorns are just born anyways.

Now too mention alicorns (which basically are princesses) are usuallyfe ll, the sight of a male alicorn would basically throw Hasbro into the whole "transgender" issue

Edited by Gragonelite
I forgot the purple text, but can't add it, sooooo....

3 minutes ago, Gragonelite said:

Now too mention alicorns (which basically are princesses) are usuallyfe ll, the sight of a male alicorn would basically throw Hasbro into the whole "transgender" issue

I'm not sure what you mean. Why? Just because all alicorns are princesses, doesn't mean that there cant be a... cis-male alicorn.

16 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Why? Just because all alicorns are princesses, doesn't mean that there cant be a... cis-male alicorn.

but some people may get the wrong message.

And with the controversy in the news about sexual identity and whatnot, I don't think Hasbro is going to risk it

At least, not for a while

16 minutes ago, Gragonelite said:

but some people may get the wrong message.

And with the controversy in the news about sexual identity and whatnot, I don't think Hasbro is going to risk it

At least, not for a while

Oh, I see. I agree then. I meant that there is nothing in the cartoon that prevents it, but the chance of "the bosses" letting it happen is very slim.

39 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

Oh, I see. I agree then. I meant that there is nothing in the cartoon that prevents it, but the chance of "the bosses" letting it happen is very slim.

I mean, its possible, but not probable.

What does a horn and a pair of wings has to do with transgender? The only reason Big Mac looked girly was because...well, they MADE him look girly (nobody said anything about him in "Does Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", though they did criticize his appearence in Brotherhooves Social for some reason). Imagine Sombra, now add wings. If someone gets the wrong message there, its because they are trying their best to do it, honestly.

Anyways, male pony == supportive rol in MLP, so we will probably won't be seeing any of them.

alicorndrocide___equestrian_life_11_by_b

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I would love to see this happen (male race represent!), I feel like if it ever did happen, it would be a bit of a shark-jump for the show.

I pine for the days when there were only two Alicorns, and things made sense: Alicorn-ship was godhood, reserved for those with the power to move celestial objects. Now we can reasonably poke at questions like this because the mechanism of Alicoronation is known (and dumb). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Princess Rainbow Magic Pants said:

I pine for the days when there were only two Alicorns, and things made sense: Alicorn-ship was godhood, reserved for those with the power to move celestial objects. Now we can reasonably poke at questions like this because the mechanism of Alicoronation is known (and dumb). 

Yet at the same time neither Tia or Luna knows anything about Alicorns apparently, since they weren't able to give a single bit of info about Flurry Heart :P
They just live their lifes, one day at the time, and improvise whenever a new alicorn appears. "Yeah yeah, princess of friendship and what not. I do not even remember when I got my wings. Do you, Luna?".

11 hours ago, Jederick said:

Yet at the same time neither Tia or Luna knows anything about Alicorns apparently, since they weren't able to give a single bit of info about Flurry Heart :P
They just live their lifes, one day at the time, and improvise whenever a new alicorn appears. "Yeah yeah, princess of friendship and what not. I do not even remember when I got my wings. Do you, Luna?".

Well, you have to do something "special" to become an alicorn. But thats just me.

12 hours ago, Jederick said:

Hey, you're not gonna find me defending that narrative decision!

I don't see why it couldn't happen. I bet the only reason they haven't done something like that yet is because the show is targeted towards girls. If they wanted to they could easily make a male alicorn.

There's been nothing to suggest that male alicorns can't exist, aside from a lack of them, which can be explained by real world toy sales. Who knows, maybe with the new, male-friendlier direction the franchise is taking we'll see one pop up eventually, or Shining Armor will get to be both a prince and a princess. :huzzah:

Besides, their existence has already been implied:

AMq0seO.jpg

Rainboom_alicorn_EG2.pngI7C6yz6.gif

• Like 1