ChibiDashie

A counting game...With a twist!

But, I like talking...

I like to write huge messages with ton of words. This time it's what I do on another forum. About MLP. So great.

But when you think about it, what is talking? Doesn't that word imply someone is actually paying attention x3

HHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh emote.RDlaugh.png

TBH, the numbers are one of the rare things I can't think in English before, when I use English. Like you when I ask you what is 46 in Japanese, I think it's impossible that you don't think "Forty six" first.

Yeah, you're right about that x3 I gotta break down the number before I can translate it

四十七

Numbers are specials, even something as basic as simple letters of alphabet, I can think it in English when I talk in English.

No way with numbers.

(emote.RDwow.pngmy translator said that was Chinese ? )

Technically, kanji like that are Chinese. But the Japanese copied them and their meanings, and just changed the pronunciations x3

Kinda. It's a bit more complicated.

So, Japanese had their verbal way of communication. They also had a writing system, called hiragana. The hiragana symbols worked like letters in the English alphabet. You pronounce them, and it makes the word of what they mean.

Well, then they run into China. And China has this cool system where pictures called Kanji mean words. And Japan is like, oooh, this is cool. So they steal those pictures. Those pictures keep meaning the same words as before, but because Japanese people speak Japanese, they use the Japanese words for what the pictures mean.

Then later they run into Europe. And Europe speaks English. And English is very different. Even worse, it has new words that the Japanese don't know, like bread. What is bread? We don't have a word for bread. So, what they do is they make a third writing system, called Katakana. They make the same sounds as the hiragana symbols, but when you use them, it means that you're using a foreign word. You just get it as close to the English word as possible. So chocolate -> Chokoreeto

• Thanks 1

NO!

That said "We surrender, but ask only that you do not slaughter and rape our women"

HOW COULD YOU MISINTERPRET THAT! x3