Lexi Fyrestar

Disquit (extension for Disqus) *update 4

If you join the MD/ND sometimes you can use this little plugin to embed images, gif animations and youtube videos from links into Disqus. EQD disabled images, this will be only visible for those using the plugin. The initial purpose was to replace the upvote arrow with a hoof, maybe i'll add that anytime.

• Get embed media like images, animated gifs, youtube, dailymotion, vimeo
  • Tag images to spoiler them (see below after how to)
  • Get realtime desktop notifications about new comments, replies and upvotes (also when your browser is minimized, or Disqus ones won't work again)
  • Get a "who's active" sidebar of online users (shows new joined)
  • Use "instant mode" to show new comments immediately, without to click the blue bar
  • Additional separator line after clicking the bar
  • Clicks on links will open a new tab, instead forcing you to leave the site

Get the browser extension for Chrome or Firefox, for others see below.

That's what happens:

disquit.png

Notifications at bottom right of your desktop:

disquit_3_avatars.png

Tag images to spoiler:

disquit_tags.png

How to use

chrome.png Get it for Chrome

firefox.png Get it for Firefox

Or

1. Get Tampermonkey for your browser, it's available for mostly all, for Firefox use Greasemonkey

2. Tampermonkey: Import this plugin.zip, Greasemonkey: Import this script

3. post pones

Tampermonkey (Chrome, Opera & Co)

You can import the plugin.zip or copy the script into the textarea and hit import.

Note: If you paste the script, ignore the error markup, these are just aesthetic errors

disquit_tampermonkey.png

Greasemonkey (Firefox)

disquit_greasemonkey.png

Tag images

Tag images by adding a '#' and the tags, separated by comma:  http://somedomain.com/image.png#suggestive,notSaveForWoona,anotherTag

Update 4

This update is a rewrite and brings a lot new features.

Added: You can configure Disquit now in the settings

Added: Extensions

Added: Notification filters

Added: Themes

Added: Sticker albums

Added: Improved embeded media (short YouTube links, SoundCloud, Strawpoll and site links of DeviantArt and Derpibooru)

Added: Post with return-key

Added: Notifications have the discussion title

Added: Disquit will work on sites with enabled media-embed, but it will replace the one of Disqus, in case you see gray boxes you need to set "Hide media" in you Disqus settings.

Added: Commands similar to Discord

Added: Short markup instead tags, the same as Discord such as **strong**.

Added: Reload button for the discussion

Added: Limit option for attachments

Added: Limit for posts in the discussion, this prevent Disqus from getting slow over time, but while enabled, older posts can't be loaded.

Added: A lot pony sticker albums

Added: Hide spoilers. Posts with spoilers can be completely hidden and won't appear, including their replies.

Added: Spoiler tags can be always revealed

Fixed: Issues which appeared in version 3

Stickers!

disquit_inline_stickers.png

disquit_toolbox.png

Update 3

Added: Tags to spoiler images, tag images by adding a '#' and the tags, separated by comma:  http://somedomain.com/image.png#suggestive,notSaveForWoona,anotherTag

Fixed: Autoload replies only on your own posts

Removed: Userbar, you'll get notifications when new user join. Disqus doesn't serve a signout it seems, waiting for a mail about that.

Update 3 (Beta yet)

This will be the last update i guess, it was just for fun and i have serious tons of other work to do. Get the Beta here.

Added: Full notifications on new comments, replies and upvotes

Added: A "who's active" sidebar (can show also inactive users, seems Disqus doesn't serve signs)

Added: Vimeo and Dailymotion embed

Added: all links in posts will open in a new tab, instead forcing you to leave the site

Added: Downvotes will be shown

Fixed: Crash with Firefox Greasemonkey

Fixed: Disqus just added a url verification/tracking kinda what destroys the media attachments, this is fixed in this update
Fixed: Some special links for images and youtube videos

Fixed: Avatars now show up in notifications

Fixed: Mass notifications if you change sorting

Fixed: Some small stuff

disquit_whosonline.gif

Update 2

Why.. just wanted a hoof upvote, and all i do is seriously extending Disqus with actual useful features.

• Notification option, will notify new messages if minimized the browser, in another tab or you're reading messages below. Does not notify on replies yet.
  • "Instant mode" immediately shows new messages without clicking the "Show x New Comments", it's also active when notifications are on
  • Fixes for some special links (youtube, images)
  • Button to hide attachments (next to reply)
  • A little separator line inserted when you hit "Show x New Comments"
  • Added missing detail, it should automatically update the plugin in further changes

Note: Greasemonkey dies on notifications, update 3 fixes this

disquit_2.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lexi said:

Thanks KiiKrindar, it's already 1:1 compatible with Greasemonkey, so for Firefox it should be used instead tampermonkey.

Could you guide me with installation process? I can't seem to import the zip and pasting the script doesn't really work.

56 minutes ago, KiiKrindar said:

Could you guide me with installation process? I can't seem to import the zip and pasting the script doesn't really work.

I've added a picture in first post. My Firefox is german, basically a "warning popup" slides down when you try to paste and says you should type in "Allow paste" first. Delete all text afterwards and then paste the code, hit save and you're done.

19 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I've added a picture in first post. My Firefox is english, basically a "warning popup" slides down when you try to paste and says you should type in "Allow paste" first. Delete all text afterwards and then paste the code, hit save and you're done.

Works like a charm! I love you for this. :awesomedash:

• Like 1

I've made a little update, details in first post. I thought instant-notifications would be pretty useful when you actually want to do something else and get notified what's actually going on.

• Like 1

Beta is available as script at the link, when it's done i'll update the zip and the original script, so it should then update all automatically.

Edit: 3 is available now, you can also import the zip again

• Like 1

I don't have a lot time recently, but there will be another update next time. For Chrome it's now available as standalone extension, so you can install it with one click.

Disquit 4 is available now as extension for Chrome and Firefox. It's a rewrite and brings a lot new features. See first post for details.

Just updated both with a little fix. If the message field is empty and you want to insert a sticker. The latest version is 4.0.3.

But you can also directly post a sticker by right-clicking it.

Edit: Latest Version is 4.0.4