StarlightGlimmer

If Starlight would become an Alicorn, what would she be the Alicorn of?

Hard to say, honestly. Her character I feel like still needs some significant soul searching and character development before any definitive answer can be given.

Also in before some people start raising the pitchforks against her. *Looks stern at two people in particular*

• Like 2

I personally believe that being an alicorn does not accompany a title; that would be the case of a Princess (Princess of the Sun, Moon, etc). But welp, answering the question: Just like the Metemponychosis said, it would probably be something with redemption or second chances. Personally I wouldn't like it, but that's the trait her character represents right now.

On a more personal level, she could be the alicorn of "broken fanbase" xD

• Like 1

In the highly unlikely scenario that she does, by some freak accident, become an Alicorn...

She'd probably the Princess of Avoiding Consequences, either that or the Princess of Social Reforms.

Actually, do make her an Alicorn, I'd like that. She'd go mad with power within the first week and revert back to being a villain. At least being a villain was something she was good at.

Alicorn of.....

ME QUITTING THE SHOW AND LEAVING THE FANDOM.

Edited by LostSanity
Not getting warned for the f bomb

On 16/12/2016 at 4:54 AM, Shimmer Sparkle said:

How about the Alicorn of Communism. I'm sure Joseph Stalin would welcome her with open arms.

Speaking as somebody who lived under a Communist government, Starlight is more of a fascist than a communist. She wanted all ponies to confirm to a single archetype, not to be equal before the state.

On 16/12/2016 at 11:05 AM, StarlightGlimmer said:

Hmm, Redemption does make alot of sense.

Wouldn't the Princess of Redemption be somepony who redeemed others, not somebody who was redeemed themselves?

2 hours ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

Wouldn't the Princess of Redemption be somepony who redeemed others, not somebody who was redeemed themselves?

She could do what the CMCs did: take the struggle she had and apply that experience to helping other ponies with the same problem. Starlight's all about giving other ponies a second chance. She tried it with Chrysalis, even if she got shot down hard. She didn't give a flip about Trixie's past either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Friendship is Horses said:

She could do what the CMCs did: take the struggle she had and apply that experience to helping other ponies with the same problem. Starlight's all about giving other ponies a second chance. She tried it with Chrysalis, even if she got shot down hard. She didn't give a flip about Trixie's past either.

So far, she seems to hang out with Characters who have already had their redemption story, like Trixie and Thorax.

• Like 1

Though lets be honest, giving second chances is done on regular basis in Equestria, so she wouldn't really be THAT special.

It really fits Sunset better.

• Like 1

Maybe she could be the princess of something that's totally out of character with the show.

I'd like to see her go Full Nightmare Moon, and rip some enemy of Equestria to shreds using dark magic, then become the Princess of Vengeance, or Wrath.

Just now, Jederick said:

Though lets be honest, giving second chances is done on regular basis in Equestria, so she wouldn't really be THAT special.

It really fits Sunset better.

Well, they imprisoned Tirek for 1,000 years, imprisoned Nightmare Moon for 1,000 years and then blasted her with a Friendship Canon. Imprisoned Discord for 1,000 years and then blackmailed into behaving using Fluttershy's flank as a lever. Imprisoned Sombra for 1,000 years and then flat out killed him (Only for him to be resurrected in the comics).

They brainwashed the bats, and exiled the Para-sprites, and we don't know what happened to the bugbear but he's probably going to turn up in some magic prison somewhere in 1,000 years.

From where I'm sitting, Equestria's justice system seems to like long sentences.

• Like 1

>Tirek, Nightmare Moon and Discord were imprisoned by Celestia and the rest prior to the Mane Six
>Sombra's "banishment" was never trully explained. I always saw it as a last dick move from him: "You are defeating me? Fine, I shall vanish myself and the whole Empire with me".
>Nightmare Moon was redeemed and given a second chance thanks to the Mane Six.

>Discord, though 'blackmailed', got a second chance and he looks happy with friends. His situation is further explained in the comics.
>The bats and Para-sprites are animals/beasts and we don't know how much you can "give them second chances". Fluttershy tried to negotiate with the bats and they spitted the hell of out her. And even after that, they ended up having their sanctuary inside the orchard. The parasprites situation is even worse. They appeared unable to think rationaly, they only eat and reproduce. They weren't "exiled", they simply were not meant to live near ponies society because of their destructive nature.

To be honest? The whole 1.000 years of vanishment is Celestia's fetish. Plus, its hard to redeem someone when you either die at her feet or blast her with a friendship/love blaster.

PS: What's the difference between "vanishment" and "banishment"?

15 hours ago, Jederick said:

>Tirek, Nightmare Moon and Discord were imprisoned by Celestia and the rest prior to the Mane Six

The show loosely implies that Celestia and Luna used to be warriors rather than diplomats, We get a hint of this in season 3 where Celestia has that brief flashback to the struggle with Sombra 1000 years ago, and a small hint in the season 5 finale where Celestia leads an army against Sombra in the alternative timeline.

It's much more explicit in the comics where both Celestia and Luna are seen in full battle armor on numerous occasions in both the past and present. We even have a number of stories that involve Celestia leading an army against the Changlings and invading magical creatures. She certainly didn't seem keen on reforming Crysalis, she horn blasted her so hard that her injuries haven't healed in hundreds of years.

The whole "redemption" thing seems to be a recent phenomena. My head-canon says that Luna was the first to be redeemed, but before that Celestia either imprisoned her enemies of straight up killed them.

In show canon we had that single redemption in the second episode, and then there wasn't another redemption story until episode 57 (Trixie's redemption). Gilda wasn't reformed until episode 99. I suppose that episode 56 could be considered a redemption episode, but that's still over 50 episodes into the series before there is another redemption.

The Alicorn of Raising Serious Ethical Questions About Responsibility And Whether Annihilating Alternate Timelines Generated By One's Own Actions Constitutes Cosmic-Scale Mass Murder If They No Longer Exist.

Discord merely wanted to rule the world. Starlight has birthed and obliterated entire universes.

• Like 1