Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

(At this point I will start calling my character 'me', as it will be my only (or at least main) character, so there's no reason not to)

I open one of my eyes tiredly, only to close it again after a second. By opening the other eye, I can see another pony near me. I sigh, closing my eyes again.

"Would you... have some painkillers or something? I... kinda feel like hurt... pretty much everywhere."

I open my eyes again, and cough out some blood on the ground. Some stays in my mouth, so I spit the rest next to it.

"Haha... ha..." I say with a weak smile, which quickly fades away. "I probably need something much more that painkillers..."

I close my eyes again and rest from the sudden need to talk. Another sigh. Oddly, I start humming some tune, which doesn't sound familiar. A tone is cut short by another bloody cough. I yawn, and say nothing. I feel like I could sleep, and try to.

Shadow watches the scene in horror, torn on what he should do.

I... I can't just leave him like this, bu... but th... what if he takes the shard...? And how would I help him anyway?

He removes the letter from his mane, hopeful it might reveal some solution to this problem. Frantically, he reads the letter Zero has sent him.

The hub... I have to get him back to the hub... I'll have to leave the shard here. There's no time to hide it.

He quickly places the letter down on top of the shard, then struggles to pick up the stallion.

Ow... ow... ow! I knew I should have worked out more. This guy is almost too heavy for me to get off the ground. If he dies because I'm weak, I'm never gonna be able to live with myself..., 

With the stallion now almost off the ground, Shadow begins flapping his wings harder than he's ever flapped before.

OWWWWW!!! This HURTS! Ughhh... how am I going to manage this the whole way back.

He looks back down at the stallion, blood staining his lips and chin red, his eyes eerily shut.

What am I doing complaining? This guy's the one hurt... oh, I hope he's not asleep. (Louder) Whoever you are, don't fall asleep. Stay with me. I'm going to get you help.

I hope.

Wow, he has trouble carrying me(My character's my age (15), which I assumed would be past colt stage, but still not a fully grown adult either (Has anyone seen teenage (mutant ninja) ponies in FiM by the way?)) Ugh, better say something... or I dunno... I'd feel comfortable just sleeping... nah, it'd just worry him.

A surge of pain hits me. I grunt, move, and feel like I might fall off. I correct my position and nearly fall off again, which makes me realize the situation. I open my eyes wide with terror and look down.

Oh, fuck.

Without taking my gaze off the ground, I take a good grip.

"Uhh... How far is this place we're going?" I try to shout, letting out only a weak voice that the pony carrying me can barely hear.

I cough some more blood some coloring part of the pegasus' wing and tail red. I look at the fresh blood stains, too tired to blush. Beginning to feel dizzy, I close my eyes. I breathe shakily and shudder.

"I mean... it's pretty cold up here" I say as an excuse for what I just did, regardless of whether he noticed it or not.

looks over from fighting and sees a lone pony on the mountain top

*fires a vol tekka at the king*

Shadow, still struggling to keep the two in the sky, gives a sigh of relief as he hears the faint sounds coming from the stallion. For a moment, it helps to relieve the fear welling up inside his chest.

(Thank Celestia he's alive) Just hang in there! I'm getting you help! We're almost there!

As he screams that, a bird whizzes past his head, barely missing him and shocking him into nearly dropping the stallion. He struggles to regain his grip on the stallion, then keeps flying onward. With that, the fear all comes rushing back at once, suffocating him.

(I hope we get there soon... if he falls, I won't be able to catch him...) Knowing that he can't let the stallion see how afraid he is, he does his best to be brave and comfort him. Don't worry! Don't worry! I'm not gonna drop you. It's just a bird...

After several minutes of struggling through the pain, Shadow and the stallion finally arrive at the Hub. Shadow tries to keep from dropping the stallion as he attempts a soft landing on the street of the Hub, but drops him about two feet in the air, collapsing from exhaustion next to him.

He lies there for a moment as his ragged breathing becomes more stable and his heartbeat slows down to a normal pace. But as he attempts to get up, the aching in his wings and legs keeps him firmly pinned to the ground. With that, all the fear comes out at once.

(oh no. Oh sweet Celestia, no! I can't do it. I can't get up. I brought him here to die...) Zero!!!! Zero, we need you!!!! (Oh, why do I have to be so weak!!! This pony's going to die because of me)

He turns to face the stallion, barely holding in the tears as his voice comes out cracking. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... this.. this is all my fault... If I wasn't so weak, maybe I could have got you to help... But now...... He begins to sob, realizing that the stallion's life depends on Zero arriving now.

• Like 1

*I quickly run through the streets, arriving at the place with the wounded stallion*

(*Oh, no. I knew I shouldn't have skipped biology.*)

"There's a bunch of medical supplies in the large side zipper of my backpack, take what you need and hurry!"

*I frankly take off the packback, opening the zipper, and tossing a medium box of assorted medical supp!ies over*

Expecting a softer landing, I don't really prepare much, so what I mainly do in the air is wiggle my legs a bit and thump on the ground. Ground. Sweet, sweet ground. Well, sweet and painful. The crash adds onto my pain, making me whine, my voice cracking. But even with the pain, I enjoy the feeling of something-else-than-air under my body, making me smile a bit, making me forget the pain a little. As the pony calls for someone, I look at him. When he looks back, I can guess from his eyes that all he wanted to do now was sink in an ocean of his own tears.

As I realize the buck just blamed himself for my possible upcoming death, I say: "To hell with that idea! If you hadn't taken me here, I assume, we'd be even further away from this 'Zero' person. And besides, it's not your fault I might die..." I pause with a terrified expression. I might die. I look away, and feel dizzier than ever. Oh Luna, I might die! I close my eyes and continue, more calmly than I actually am, my voice cracking every other word. "It was my stupid mistake. I was the one who... I mean... It was my fault that..." Oh, that's great. Yet another awkward conversation. "I made a miscalculation. I shouldn't have tried it... I wasn't certain... I was so eager to try it, but... well, you know..." Feeling the emptiness inside me, just now I realize I'm crying.

(EDIT: Hadn't gotten the post above before posting)

(EDIT2: So chronologically (that's the word, right?) this comes before that one)

Taking the bag and searching through it's contents, Shadow quickly comes to a realization.

I... I can't do it! I don't know how any of this works! I'm not even sure what's wrong with him!

Shadow bursts back into tears, burying his head in his hooves, lost into a nervous breakdown.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The light blue unicorn watches the scene from atop a nearby building, no longer hiding. The dying stallion is enough to keep him concealed.

(Shit! What happened to that guy?)

The unicorn paces back and forth along the cold metal roof of the building, debating what to do.

(If I go down there, I might have a chance at saving him. But I also reveal myself.to them. If they are the bad guys...)

Finally, he decides he has no choice. He couldn't just abandon a stallion to die when he knew he could help. A quick teleportation spell brought him back to the ground, about 20 feet from where he was aiming.

(Dang it! Still can't get magic to work right here... I really hope the spell to heal him works)

The unicorn runs over to the group, horn glowing a bright yellow as he prepared to unleash the spell.

Everyone, I know you don't know who I am, but you need to trust me. Stand back!

The unicorn released the spell, striking the stallion in the chest. The yellow light lifted him up and surrounded his body, pulsing, then slowly faded away, setting him back on the ground.

(*Woah, that is pretty cool.*) *I think to myself!*

*I get up, leaving my backpack, and stand back.*

"Hey, that's umm, well, actually that's pretty neat. How did you learn to do that? More importantly, who are you and why have you come to help this per-"

*I look down at the unconscious stallion, and back up.*

"I mean pony. Sorry, I'm not used to seeing beings of your kind."

(*Good job, zero. Go with the most racist statement you can think of. That'll leave a good first impression*)

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm kinda new around here. My name is Zero."

*Tekkaman blade crashes into the ground*

the injured hero stands up

Tekkaman blade: i'll never let you near him!! anyone who doesn't want to be space dust move out of the way!!

*attacks the king one more time*

i'm gonna stop you here!

shadow zero be safe.

the sky battle rages on as the Supreme King and Tekkaman blade soar through the skies clashing left and right

The unicorn briefly considers whether or not this creature can be trusted, but quickly realizes that by healing his friend, the choice has already been made.

My name's Lightning Paws. I've actually been following you for a while now, and when I saw your friend collapse, I couldn't just abandon him.

He takes a quick glance at the stallion, who seems to be recovering, then turns back to face Zero.

As for how I did that, healing is my job. I mostly work with animals, but he needed my help... I only hope that it works. My magic has been... well, less than perfect since I got here.

Lightning stops and thinks for a minute, the gears pretty much visibly turning in his head.

You said that you're new here... how did you get here? I'm new too. I'm actually looking for my friend. He went searching for a squirrel I was helping take care of, and never came back. I followed him here, but you were the only one I could find.

• Like 1

"Well, its a pleasure to meet you. How I managed to get hers is by how almost everyone got here: by portals. I mean, I could've went with something else, but technicslly I'm supposed to be on vacation."

*I sit on the ground*

"About your friend, I havnt seen him anywhere ive been."

"you said you tasks care of animals, right? That's pretty neat. I've never had any pets, because people of my ability aren't allowed to have them."

(So am I unconscious? I mean... I can be, if the spell did it, but you should have said so... I don't have anything I have to do right now, so might as well.)

The Zerg creature was currently surveying the scene from within a nearby bush. It had taken quite a bit of time for it to reach that position, after becoming a whole lot more cautious after its near-discovery. However, the scent of blood was way too enticing for it to give up, and it now watched the injured colt with hungry eyes. Slowly throwing caution to the wind, it gradually emerged from the bush, preparing to pounce. Its yellow eyes locked with the colt's for a second, before he was lifted into the ground by a golden aura, and let down with a distinct lack of wounds. The flashy display startled the creature, and it hopped back into the cover of the bush. Its eyes continued to stare however, and drool flowed out of its toothed maw.

(Kinda cool to see a couple of new names in this little community. I wonder how many joined since my hiatus? Unfortunately the rest of the community seems a little dead. Hope things pick up soon.)

Edited by Cerebret
Thoughts.
  • Like 1

I open my eyes, and the bright artificial sunlight of The Hub blind me for a moment. The pain is gone, aside from a slight headache that still lingers. I cautiously lift my head to see two ponies and another creature around me. Not exactly my personal favorite situation. Avoiding unnecessary attention, I open one of my saddlebags (Yes, my character has saddlebags I didn't mention, dont yell at me like that), from which I pull out two devices; one of which had a strap attached, and the other with a short, thick antenna. I look at the former, attaching the strap to my left foreleg and tightening it. After reading the screen for a moment, I relax and let out a loud sigh of relief. Too late, I notice the others probably noticed it.

Seeing the device on the stallion's leg, Lightning Paws immediately begins to panic.

(oh no... he is evil. He's calling someone to come get me... I gotta get out of here!)

Lightning's horn begins to glow, and he attempts to teleport away, but only gets about 50 feet.

(Arrrgh!!!! Why won't my magic just work!!!)

Frustrated and scared, Lightning Paws ran down a side road and out of sight.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The movement of the stallion gets the depressed Shadow Dash's attention, and he looks up from his hooves to see the stallion healed.

Huh... what! He jumps to his hooves, realizing the stallion is okay.

How! You were bleeding! I thought you were going to die! (and it would have been my fault...)

Yay, attention! "Uhh... I'm... not entirely sure what happened either." My lungs still feel heavy and as if filled with something that doesn't belong there. "That unicorn came here and... well... I think he was the one who did something to me. And according to this," I point at the device with the strap attached to my leg, "it seems like he healed me. Completely." I shift my attention to the other device, with the antenna. My eyes widen a bit, and I look around, locking my gaze on the nearby bush longer than anything else. I look back at the device and shake my head, hoping not to get the questions I'm probably going to get.