Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

As nothing happens, I give the odd antenna device a disappointed look and leave the bush alone, trotting to join the others at the shop. I look at its broad selection of different drinks, specialized in coffee. I scratch my mane, and ultimately decide not to take anything.

"So... anyway, uhh... is there, like, something to do here, or... is this place just for hanging out?" I ask as I look over The Hub, my gaze staying on the bush for a second. "I mean... this place is... kinda empty looking." My stomach disagrees with my earlier decision, and I remember that my last meal got stuck somewhere between this and another dimension. So I go look at the café's menu again, and notice they have donuts. I immediately order one, with some hot chocolate to go with it. I don't make the same mistake the pegasus did.

"Its just a place where people hang out in. I just came here to relax from the daily stress of trying to protect people. As you saw earlier, I've kinda reached my breaking point."

*As I shift to look out the window, I spill my coffee, spilling it all over my left hand. After which I immediately jump up*

"Ow, ow ow, that's hot! That's really hot, wow this hurts!"

*I get up, tripping over the chair, which leads to a string of profanity screaming in my mind*

"Yeah, I'm not exactly twinkletoes over here, I'm amazed I havnt put myself in the hospital yet."

Wow, this guy's really having the worst possible time. I try to think about ways to help him cheer up, but end up being too anxious to do anything, which leads in a lonely tear. I immediately cover it with a hoof and look down, not noticing that I still had my face radiating my internal self-disappointment.

*I get up, and look over*

"Listen man, if you need to do that, its fine. I shed a few tears myself, and I still do it to this day. I have a lot of sad memories and regrets I did throughout my life, and I choose to live with them. But that doesn't stop me from being sad."

*I casually sit on the counter, looking into the stallions eyes*

"You can't just bottle up your emotions like that. You're not a robot, you can feel. You can think. Its okay to embrace your emotions."

I cautiously raise the cup to my lips again, taking just the smallest sip of the warm brown drink.

(ahhhh... that's actually pretty good)

Lowering the cup, I turn and face the stallion.

Zero's right, you know. Everypony has emotions. If we had to bury them all away and pretend they didn't exist, none of us would be able to function. We'd be too busy hiding our negative emotions we'd never have time for positive ones.

I don't know what's wrong, but you can't try to ignore it. From what Lightning told me, holding in your emotions can actually be really bad for you. If you need to let it out, then let it out. No one's going to judge. Everypony has to every now and then.

I take another sip of the hot chocolate, savoring the warmth it fills me with.

On 6/13/2017 at 0:43 AM, Zakru said:

(Wait, I thought your character lost its teeth as soon as it got in this place?)

(Shh, don't give me away! :ajlie:)

The Zerg was currently following the little group as closely as it dared. It had wanted to pounce on the recently-healed colt much sooner, but a decent-sized drench from the fountain nearby had doused its excitement. Instead, it had passed up a golden opportunity and now had to find another in the open crowded area of the cafe.

Instead of instantly blowing its cover, the Zerg creature had moved to the back entrance, and was now trying to find a way into the locked door. Seeing no obvious solutions ater a couple of minutes, it tried the best method it knew. Bashing the door in with brute strength.

• Like 1

"Wait, hold on."

*I quickly get up, holding up my hand*

"I heard something, I don't know what, but I did."

*I take a small flashlight out of my coat pocket, and turn it on*

"I'm going to investigate where that noise came from, I'll be right back."

I instantly forget my depression, my eyes widening. I down the whole mug of (not anymore so) hot chocolate, and eat the donut with three more bites. I get up from my seat, following Zero for a moment, then -- just in case -- observing him from a short distance.

"What... do you think it was?" I ask, thinking Zero might be hearing things.

I feel tense, taking a step back.

"What did it sound like?" I ask, now excited. I touch different parts of my chest, as if checking something. I then open my right saddlebag (the unopened one) and check its contents, closing it before anyone else might see. I give it a short, excited little smile, and turn back towards Zero.

"Do you think it's something dangerous?" I ask, trotting in place, letting my inner, hidden colt free. "I mean..." I quickly start, realizing my behavior, "will you..." ...protect us if something goes wrong? I'm about to say, remembering that he came here so that he didn't need to do exactly that.

"...be okay alone? I mean... of course you will. This place does have some kind of pacification magic, so we should technically be safe... unless someone has found an exploit..."

I shake my head and continue observing the person moving away from us.

*I shake my head, and turn off the flashlight*

"I might just be hearing things, I'm pretty sure a door just broke. However, a lot of doors I've seen are practically old enough that if you just knock on them they might burst into pieces, so I'm thinking a really strong wind or something, weather here has been having unpredictable and sudden changes, so the wind could be a result of that."

*I calmly sit back down, draping my left arm on the window still*

"that was another reason I came here. I'm always paranoid about unexplained sounds, and my mentor used to tell me I'll be jumping at the shadows next."

*I put the flashlight back in my pocket*

"I never really saw anything dangerous, other than that thing I almost got attacked by earlier. I don't know it, so don't ask me about the details of what it was."

I visibly relax, but look a little disappointed and bet back on my seat.

"Huh."

I take out the antenna device again, and open the screws on the back. Inside, there are three circuit boards, and a glowing cyan gem in a tough glass capsule. I start removing the boards on top one by one, careful not to detach the cheap, low quality wires that connect each board to the next.

( Guess what shop the wires are from and earn a like ;) )

I check each circuit board as I put them on the table in a straight line.

"Goddammit," I mutter to myself, the screen's probably broken. Or even worse, the gem got damaged while I was wondering which dimension would kill me less likely.

I put the boards back in, frustrated, and screw the cover on. I bang my head on the table next to the device, harder than I originally intended to, but not minding the slight pain, after all I had been through already. I let out a very long breath.

I turn my head up, still resting it on the table.

"I don't know. It's supposed to sense all kinds of stuff around you, but now it's showing an extra entity somewhere near."

(Psst! You should really describe stuff. Right now, I don't know what your character is, what it looks like, what its name is or what it's currently doing. To me you might be in the sky battling someone (who I also know nothing about), screaming down at us.)

But... that doesn't make any sense... I take another drink of the hot chocolate, now savoring every little bit of it.

The only other living creature we've seen anywhere near here is Lightning Paws, and he ran off. He wouldn't be stalking us.

I set the hot chocolate down on the table with a gentle thud. But then again... it's not like we've explored around here much around here.

Who knows what could be hiding? Nervously, I pick my cup back up for comfort, not drinking any more.

Maybe that's what he was running from...

"Orrr... maybe it's just simply F'd in the A, like most of my things. I have a pair of saddlebags filled with untested prototypes. I came here mostly to test them, because... Well, let's just say some of them aren't safe to use in the middle of everypony."

I give him a smirk. "Also, I have some really useful stuff here, too! Like this thing."

I pull out a strange cylindrical object, with some kind of liquid in a glass container.

"It's a healing syringe... dose... thing..."

I look awkward and shrug.

"It has a zebra-made healing potion inside, and one dose with it can heal a deep cut. And, I think, a few could probably fully heal a stab wound."

I become awkward again, and say:

"But... i-it's really nothing special. It was just a project to try out some stuff with small mechanical pieces."

I put it away, calming myself down, so I wouldn't force myself into showcasing every single item in my selection.

In a lofty area of the Hub, swirling tendrils of icy air began to quicken, as if excited. They emanated from a source that stood dead still, a colossal armor seemingly made of hard ice bearing a massive sword easily larger than most living beings. It was surrounded by others of all sorts very similarly inactive, not even a breath being drawn from them. Acting like time had simply forgot them.

The armor itself was soon surrounded by a thick frost that started to resemble a blizzard, obscuring it from outside observation before surging outwards quietly and violently in a radius, then disappearing. In the hollow area of its helmet, the visor, a light did shine, a dark cautious yellow where there had been none before. Alas, the animated armor moved, scrutinizing is surroundings and the unmoving people around it.

"Curious," it boomed, the word resonating in the air due to its speaker's deep voice. The construct, made alive by an old powerful magic serving as a 'soul', detected things not by sight but by the encompassing frost aura that surrounded it.

Thus it summoned a tendril of cold air, a fiber of its magical being, before its corporeal body. It immediately moved around the Hub, looking for others that did not lack in life.

"I need to step outside for a little bit, get some fresh air."

*I get up and walk outside, leaning on the wall*

(*All things happen for a reason, weather that be for good or for bad. The world itself is driven by emotion, and if emotion isn't felt, then the world isn't at peace*) *I think to myself*

(*Of course, this ancient saying isn't going to bring the one I love back, and its probably not ever going to. I can only hope that once this madness ends, I can bring her back into my life once more. But until then, all I have is the stars for my guidance.*)

*I walk back into the shop, and sit down by the window*

"Okay, I feel better now, just needed some air."

Edited by Sylveon
Typos, you didn't see anything!

It wasn't long before the wintry wisp detected active life. Really, the Hub was practically alive itself, as it brimmed with a great many inhabitants from innumerable worlds all gathered here for leisure and social activity outside their native realm. It was something of a paradise with people sprawling all over, which only furthered the magical construct's intrigue of this wholly exotic place.

It became evident to the animated armor that it was no longer practical to scour the Hub for much longer, as it was too massive and it'd already detected a group of entities closest to its corporeal body. The wisp returned to its entire being in swiftness. Deorward then turned to face what was called a "Coffee Shop", as indicated by the sign emblazoned with familiar Cervine characters.

Interesting.

Was it really in Cervine or did others view it in their familiar languages? Deorward perished its musings however, as a figure came out of the shop suddenly, seemingly contemplative and taking in air, before returning. Deorward continued to stare at the shop and the spot where the novel figure had been for a few seconds, before deciding to approach.

*wakes up* what happened who are you? I'm Tekkaman blade and that's all I remember

"Hang on, let me check outside again, something doesn't feel right."

*I go outside, and notice a bit of condensation on the window, and shrug*

(*There's no cold air, how did there condensation?*)

"Hey, anyone out here? I promise I won't hurt you, I just have some questions!"

*shivering, I pull up my hood over my head, finding that it does help relieve some of the cold feeling*

• Like 1

*stumbling* uhhh my head how did I get this armor?

*approaches you* excuse me do you know where I am?

(Don't worry thread! I know CPR!)

I walk outside, and immediately beginning shivering, tucking my wings in close around my body for warmth.

Zero... um, what's happening... I'm interrupted by a particularly violent shiver that sends my teeth clattering against one another.

It... it was just all sunny and warm a moment ago... what... what happened.

I look around for the source of the cold air, but find none. The sun still shines bright in the sky.