Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

"I don't really feel anything, I'm fine"

*I look down, seeing that I forgot I'm wearing a large sweathoodie with built in warmers, a long sleeve t-shirt, and two pair of sweatpants*

(*Maybe you don't feel anything because your dressed for the frigid Artic*) *I think to myself*

"I did notice some condensation on the windows earlier, but what does that mean?"

Deorward nears at last towards the Coffee Shop, the same figure from before lying outside it once more, though now accompanied by a pony. Strangely, they seem unaware of its presence, though the pony is very clearly affected by its emanated frost. Now close to them, the massive animated armor makes its presence known. "Assuming that you would inquire of its designation like others before you, this Guardian states that it was named 'Deorward'. Furthermore, it would be willing to answer any inquiries to the best of its abilities, assuming that this one was the target of your previous statement," it sounded deep and loudly. 

• Like 1

"This Guardian has not been here long, at least as far as it is aware," it affirms. "Previously, it seemed to have been afflicted by some form of temporal stasis, or such are the terms it would use to describe whatever anomalous event afflicted it. There are others who seem to be under similar circumstances, though it would not know how to liberate them of this." Idly, the towering frost construct looks over the Coffee Shop and some of the figures inside it, before refocusing on the present company.

• Like 1

Deorward silently regards the exchange between the two most recent speakers, before facing towards one of them, still lingering in the air due to flight. It is then intent on answering their inquiry. "An unknown phenomenon, there are several individuals who seem inexplicably and largely inactive, as if exempt from time. Whether or not this may change is uncertain. This Guardian had known them very briefly." 

(Apparently the means iterated upon in previous pages to explain any previous user's absence from this thread without outright saying they just stopped posting.)

Edited by Dear Sir Knight
An addendum for clarification
  • Like 2

"I-I think I can explain for this"

*i take out my notebook, and open a page*

"This has happened before, too. My friend said it was possibly because of due to a complete shutdown of all functions of the world, causing its members to become idol and inactive, unless brought back to life by unknown means. The reason for this could be that for a weeks the entire hub seemed to have shut down, it could be a electrical error."

• Like 1

"This Guardian does not think that to be necessary. The Hub as it is now seems very much active, as well as a much larger portion of the current population. Including the currently gathered," Deorward states, recalling its recent scrutiny of The Hub.

• Like 1

"I don't know man, but what I do know is that trouble seems to follow me to every location I go to."

*I sit on the ground, folding my arms over my knees*

"This is my life now, nothings ever going to be the same, its always going to be about this, day in and day out."

I walk over and place a hoof on his shoulder.

It's not that bad. Sure, it's been difficult lately, but it can't stay like this forever. You just gotta keep looking up.

I sit down on my hooves next to him.

I can't say I know how you feel right now. That would be a lie. But I do know that if you give up and let life push you around, it will never stop pushing you around. The only way to stop it is to keep fighting.

*I look over at shadow*

"If only I could say it was that easy but its not. Someone of my abilities is usuaslly either praised or loathed. I just want a simple day where no weird stuff happens. Heck, you probably do. Who knows what goes on where you're from."

I watch the interaction going on between Shadow and Sylveon, wishing that there was something I could say. However, words fail me so I fly down and land in between them, wrapping my wings around them in a makeshift hug.

I'm sure things will work out... in the meantime, why don't we figure out what's going on? Celestia forbid, there MUST be a way to stop it...

Honestly, almost nothing. Today, as crazy and hectic as it's been *sighs* It's still been the most exciting day of my life.

I shift around a little, getting comfortable sitting on the hard ground. 

Where I come from, it's peaceful about 95% of the time. Nothing exciting. Just the same routine, day in and day out.

Every now and again, something exciting happens. But I'm not a part of it. I'm just told to stay in my house and wait for it to be over.

I hate that. I hate being stuck in that routine. Today's been a bit of a shock, but at least it's something new. It's not the same patch of sky over and over again, clearing away the same clouds over and over again. It's exciting and different. Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do this every day like you, but finally being able to do something new...

It's like a dream come true. I do want to go home, but that's just because my friends, my family have no idea where I've went. After that, I'd love to be able to come back here, have some excitement in my life. So long as I could make it back. I miss them...

"clearing patches of clouds? You mean you can control the weather?"

"that's pretty cool. We tried to control the weather for the mark of mastery exam, and we tried cloud seeding. It was an attempt to lower the amount of precipitation clouds can produce, but the problem is that often attempts to control the weather have been shown to be inconclusive, so we don't really know what do to until we can find a better alternative."

"Also, you just get to stay home, we have to risk our lives to fight evil beings."

*my voice starts shaking, and tears well up in my eyes, but I wipe them away with my shirt.*

"An-and, sometimes, they lose them. And you lose the ones y-you love most."

Deorward regarded the emotionally-shaken biped with a quite literally unknowable look. "Would that this Guardian could have a purpose as you do. In the times of yore, this one fought against great and plentiful enemies as well, in a bid to protect the masters that created it. Now, they are gone, and this one is left with nothing but the goal to seek them out, if they still yet live. It is now curious. Could you have forgotten the magnitude of your ceaseless duty?" The words do not bear any malign intent, and somehow, the Guardian seems sympathetic in its emotionless manner. However valuable such words are however, as they came from an entity that does not feel as organics do, is up to the listener.