Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

"I know the magnitude of my duty. But it isn't without hurt. I still perform my duty."

*I sigh, and go over to a small fountain nearby, and sit on the edge*

"But my heart is shattered. My brain is numb, the person I really wanted to protect is gone, and now I'm just....."

*I take a large rock, and throw it angrily into the fountain*

"Its my fault shes dead! He knew I wouldn't be around to protect her, and he used her as tool to break me! Well, he got what he wanted, I'm now broken!"

I walk over to the fountain, stumbling over my words as I do, unsure of how to respond.

Zero, I... it's not... It's not your fault. I... I don't know what happened, but if you weren't around, there wasn't anything you could do...

I... I'm sorry. I sit down on the fountain next to him. I don't know who this guy is that... that would... would do something like that.

But you have to believe it wasn't your fault. It was his. He'd want to see you like this. I know it hurts, but... but you're giving him what he wants.

(You gonna fix that typo or no?)

"I know. But I loved her. She was the only person I know. My wonderful cousin. She was everything I ever wanted. And now its gone."

*I decide to lie down on the fountain*

"Nothing is going to bring her back, I should've been there to help! This has caused me so much tension, I have no one to blame for myself!"

*I accidentally roll the wrong directed, and roll into the fountain, where I get up, completely drenched*

"Okay, I can say without a doubt I deserved that. You got a towel on you?"

I tuck my wings away, and walk over to the Guardian. Standing alongside it and observing the scene playing out between Shadow and Sylveon, I casually speak up without looking away.

I have no way of knowing what he's been through. I have no way of understanding his loss, however it may have happened. But you say he has some kind of duty. You say there is some kind of fight to be had. What I want to know is if and how I can help... my wings and hooves can be used to aid him in his fight, if only I know what I need to do...

I finally divert my gaze to the Guardian.

So... what do you say?

(Dang it. I done screwed up. Pretend you never saw that and move on with your life)

I don't, but they probably have one back at the cofveee place, or however you pronounce that word.

I quickly trot over to the coffee place, and return with a small, but clean, dish towel.

This was all they had... sorry about that. Anyway, you can't blame yourself for what happened. Sometimes, life stinks. I wish it didn't, and I wish we didn't have to have this conversation, but that's the cold hard truth. You can't keep kicking yourself for something beyond your control.

1 minute ago, Shadow Dash said:

(Dang it. I done screwed up. Pretend you never saw that and move on with your life)

I don't, but they probably have one back at the cofveee place, or however you pronounce that word.

I quickly trot over to the coffee place, and return with a small, but clean, dish towel.

This was all they had... sorry about that. Anyway, you can't blame yourself for what happened. Sometimes, life stinks. I wish it didn't, and I wish we didn't have to have this conversation, but that's the cold hard truth. You can't keep kicking yourself for something beyond your control.

(I believe you mean "covfefe"?)

Deorward regards the pegasus before it, as if gauging them. "This one will remark that ponykind has always seemed very willing to act for the sake of others, at least in this one's experience. My masters described your race as 'virtuous'. It is unknown if we are able to assuage their emotional burden, but this one does not detest an attempt to do so, assuming 'Zero' would have us and if we are even able to begin whilst confined in this 'Hub'. Perhaps we should inquire?"

*I get out of the fountain, offended by what the guardian said*

"If you're trying to insult me, I'm not gonna have it."

"I tried hard to be where I am today, and my goal is to prevent a catastrophic genocide of keyboard wielders, and I will do so even im soaked to the bones, but I won't. So where is that towel?"

I trot over to Zero and wrap him in one of my wings, in an attempt to help keep him warm.

Actually, we were discussing the likelihood of you having us along to help. Every great hero has had SOME kind of help, and the real question is whether you'll follow the pattern; or will you choose to try and go it alone? Regardless of your choice, I'll still extend my wings and hooves in support for your cause... but I'm not going to force myself on you, either.

I fix Zero with a hard stare.

The choice resides with you...

"The purpose of me coming here is to try and get away from all the heroic stuff, I'm supposed to be on vacation. "

*I sigh*

"Yeah, I could use some help. If you and your friends want to help me, then that's great, I could use a little help when I need it."

(No new posts, don't worry, maybe I'll post this and hopefully it will change)

"I appreciate the help, but I don't want to do really anything right now"

*I lean down, my hood completely submerged in the water*

"Its just the stress has been getting to me, and I've been wanting a bit of R&R,but if you want to help, go ahead. One of my friends from the other side is coming over soon."

I seemingly appear out of nowhere, lying on the ground near the others, facing them. My eyes are wide and I'm hyperventilating, forehooves over my head.

"Please, let it stop!" I say to myself in an almost crying voice, though my face shows no trace of sadness.

I close my eyes and try to calm my breathing.

(Trying to make a creative excuse for not posting :?)

*I quickly get up, rushing over to where zakru is*

"What is it? Is there a problem? Tell me!"

(*I have seen this before. Delusions? schizophrenia? I can't know for sure, but what I do know is that he's seen stuff.*)

"Its easy, calm down. I'm here. Just rest and tell me what you saw."

"OH THANK CELESTIA"

I jump at Zero, hugging him tight. I realize I probably have some explaining to do.

"Uhh... heheh..." I release him from my grip and back away a bit. "When we were back at the coffee shop, I just saw you guys just suddenly disappear."

I lose my balance and sit on the ground, one hoof half supporting my head.

"Well, first of all that was scary as all hell, but when I came outside, I saw you here being just... still. Nopony... no-one said or did anything. It... seemed like time had stopped around me. It lasted for minutes, until you noticed me (which I wouldn't have realized if you didn't say anything, as I think I was passing out)"

I rest my head on the ground, looking at Zero with relief in my eyes.

(EDIT: I meant that "appeared out of nowhere" literally)

*I sit down next to zakru, taking a small cube out of my pocket and playing with it*

"I can understand that. Also, thanks for that hug, I needed that. But I don't plan on going away, at least not for a while. But I do have a friend I want to call later. Its just that I just want someone who's there for me, instead of me being there for them."

*I fiddle around with the cube, then sigh and put it away*

"I guess what I meant to say is I never really had anyone I could call my friend. It was just me. I mean,sure there were acquaintances, but not friends."

"Well, that makes two of us," I say with a little smile. "I mean, of course there are some people who I barely know but who like to talk to ((*cough* self-insert)). Heck sometimes we have fun ((Lick dat RD plushy, Shadow *cough*)). I could call them friends, but... I'll probably never meet them."

My expression turns sad, and I look around. From all the stores in The Hub, two catch my interest and make me want to abandon the conversation and run for them. Instead I control my feelings and look back at Zero. I try to think about something to say. Coming up with nothing, I shrug and jokingly roll upside down, giving Zero a smile.

Edited by Zakru
I CHANGED MY MIND

*I smile, then I decide that's there something going on here*

"Zakru, is there something you want to tell me?"

"I mean, if you want to, but jusing by your body language, sometime tells me you have a thought, I'm not going to judge you, just tell me what your thinking."

*I sigh, then I get up*

"Im not here to judge, just tell me. I'm your friend, no need to hide stuff from me."

(Whoa, you called him Zakru. Remember... I mean don't, because my character doesn't either)

"I dunno" I say, still on the ground in my weird position. "It's just that I feel like doing something casual."

I realize it's probably the world's most ridiculous thing to see me talk about "normal" right now, and get back up. Turning to the two stores, I say:

"Take shopping for example. This place is connected to a possibly infinite amount of universes with infinite possibilities. There could be anything in these stores! And... I wouldn't be surprised if they had everything, I bet they've already invented an infinite storage system too."

The two stores I'm looking at are a tech shop and a video game shop (because in my time technology has advanced to IRL level).

If they have every possible game... I think. I just want to be in there already.

Edited by Zakru
WHAT I wasn't telling that like it was past what are you talking about

(Ah, okay. Well, I don't think I was given a name.)

(*this guy is possibly trying to change the subject, but probably doesn't want to talk about it.*)

"Well, I really wouldn't compare shopping to infinite possibilities. You can basically tell what a store has just by looking at the windows."

*I point to one with a poster of a cell phone on the window*

"This store sells electronics, which can be phones, laptops, or USB drives. But I do believe there's a universe of infinite possibilities. However, I also believe that choice is an illusion. We spent our lives following a system of guidelines set by a hierarchy, and we can choose to stray from that line, but if we do stray, there will be heavy consequences"

"oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get all phillosiphal on you, my bad!"

Edited by Sylveon
Typo

In the kitchen, the Zerg suddenly noticed a very familiar scent. One that as of a few seeming hours ago, had taken a higher precedence over the scent of blood.

Immediately, it leaped at a metal panel in one of the walls, denting it and popping it off the access port. It proceeded to break into the complex machinery leaving sparks and pistons all over the floor.

"Wow. And I always thought the word was philosophical."

I give Zero a smirk, but then change it to a more serious expression.

"But... I think I understand some of what you said. Though, it doesn't make sense to me. It's just... I dunno... weird."

My gaze returns to the game shop.

"Do you have this stuff where you're from? I mean... Would you come with me if I went there?" Because I don't wanna go alone, I want to say, but keep that part to myself. I turn back to Zero, though avoiding unnecessary eye contact, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, we can go, I would like that. I would like to go with you."

*I get up, and take a few steps away*

"We actually do. Granted, there for our color uniform, but you can get clothes repeating to that color any time you want. We t shorts, socks, shoes, hoodies, jackets, sleeveless vests, headphones, sunglasses, and assorted Jewlerly. So, yeah, I go shopping with you, I wanna buy me some stuff, too."

We... uh, don't really have these e-lect-rounics? Is that how you pronounce it...? Anyway, we don't have those from the town where I'm from.

They look really cool, though... and I've seen clothes before, even if ours look a bit... different. I might as well go in and have a look. I doubt they have anything I'll recognize, though.

"Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Except the clothing was designed for people like me to wear them. I'm not sure about you."

*pulls out a T-shirt from a small bag*

"This is a band T-shirt one of my friends got me a few years ago. I got it at a concert. I'm still surprised this thing isn't worn our, yet. But its really soft."

*holds out the T-shirt for Shadow to feel*

"Seriously, this is super soft. Its made of cotton, like most of my clothes. The inside of my hoodie is pretty soft, helps keep me arm."