Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

The creature flinched as the syringe impacted its carapace. The thick shell nearly deflected the needle, but due to precision, or perhaps luck, the needle broke through the thin covering of a joint on its second pair of limbs. Almost immediately, the syringe emptied itself into the bloodstream of the alien, and spread the substance contained within throughout the creature's body.

The alien began to regenerate quickly, wounds covering up. However, smoke visibly wafted from much of the burned off areas, as the dangerous body parts were prohibited from being regrown.

After what seemed to be an unexpectedly long period of healing, the creature gripped the syringe stuck in its leg with its jaws and pulled it out, barely drawing any blood before the blood clotted and stopped the wound. It stood up shakily, examining its much-shorter legs. In light of the prevention of the biological weapons, it seemed the alien had simply stopped regenerating them, leaving the legs much shorter than they were previously.

The outermost mandibles of the creature were missing, the sharp, serrated teeth deleted from the alien's mouthparts. The alien also lacked many of the particularly sharp spines across its back, leaving odd, misplaced grooves where they used to be. Its tail also lacked the blade-like tip, an odd scar present where the segment would have been.

As it stood now, half a head shorter than the unicorn in front of it, it bowed its head slightly, before baring what teeth it had left, and tried to scuttle past him to the room's exit.

It never got there, tripping over itself barely a quarter of the distance past.

(Hi, ponygirl! Not trying to ignore you, just my OC being in a different place. Welcome to the thread! It does seem that people here can't respond all too often, so be patient with us! Some of us can be really busy, I believe. Either way, hi!)

A portal deposits a small, grey and altogether rather feminine looking unicorn rather unceremoniously into the middle of the room. She groans and picks herself up after a while, eyes wide and darting about as her hooves play nervously with the edge of her scarf. Upon spotting the others, she squeaks and darts into a corner, shrinking under the blanket that was on her back.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:55 PM, UnicodingUnicorn said:

A portal deposits a small, grey and altogether rather feminine looking unicorn rather unceremoniously into the middle of the room. She groans and picks herself up after a while, eyes wide and darting about as her hooves play nervously with the edge of her scarf. Upon spotting the others, she squeaks and darts into a corner, shrinking under the blanket that was on her back.

It looks like the alien wasn't visibly responding to that healing, but at least it stopped bleeding at the least.

The grey colt, satisfied with the heals, truns around only to spot a light grey mare popping out of what seems to be another portal. Although when she spotted him an possibly the alien next to him, she immediately went into hiding in a radnom corner covering herself with that blanket she has.

"Hmm, must be one of those shy or easily scared type of ponies", the colt thought to himself as he approached where the mare was hiding.

Once he got to where she was, he did the first thing to do was take off the blanket covering her and just say,

"Hai.", with a dumb look on his face.

"Hello! It seems like you're pretty tense right, so let me introduce myself first. The name's Nightshade Remix! It's stupid, I know but you gotta bear with me. Any reason why you ended up here, by chance, you lovely young mare?", he said in an over-the-top, yet midly reserved tone.

18 hours ago, UnicodingUnicorn said:

The mare looks up nervously at the colt. "Umm...m-my name's Uni..." She looks and fidgets with her hooves. "I-I can't r-really remember how I g-got here..."

"Uni, huh? Is that a nickname you go by, or your actual name?", the unicorn colt asked, now noticeably more relaxed after initiating some conversation.

"Strange how you don't know how you got here, although freak accidents that lead to random teleportation isn't that far out there for me, to be quite honest. I've seen some stuff; Not all of it pleasant."

The unicorn then followed up with, "anyhow, mind telling me more about yourself in the meantime? Seems like you're gonna be stuck here for a while if you don't know how you ended up here or the method that got you here in the first place.", the grey colt offered with a spot next to him sitting down on his haunches.

As the colt was waiting for a response from 'Uni', he noticed the purple mare that introduced him to this place. He thought fit to acknowledge her while talking with 'Uni', due to being able to tell she was very skittish and was best not to push for a response anytime soon.

"Hey, the mare with the book, how's it going for you today? Last time I saw you, you were leaving the restroom due to what seemed like somepony rigging multiple Bob-Ombs to go off! What was up with that, anyway?"

"It's going swell, however, I do not believe we've had the pleasure of making acquaintance."

*I pull goggles out of my bag and put them on with characteristic music playing in the background.*

"I am Nova S. Aurora, world non-renown magical artificeress!"

*I pull an extending staff out of my bag and swing it around using levitation magic, spilling my coffee, but not really caring because I'm in the moment.*

"I travel across Equestria researching ancient magical sites and artifacts and write about their possible applications in historical settings, and what possible applications they could have in modern day life. And, I travel around with a portable research station!"

*I shake my saddlebag, which makes noises very uncharacteristic of what it should weigh.*

"That noise you heard was me working on my most recent project."

*I point to a pink crystal that sits on a ring attached to my collar*

"Storing surplus magical power into a container of some sort, which could then be used to power magical devices by non-magical users. This device has some sort of magical power, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Also, I can't take it off, the entire collar is part of the artifact that I found deep in the Southern Equestrian Badlands. I think there's some sort of curse surrounding it, but I have yet to discover any adverse effects. At least it's somewhat fashionable."

*I take a sip of the now-empty frappuccino.*

"Anyhow, I collect my findings and send them into a scientific journal back at home, Magic Weekly.

-Oh, and sorry about the explosion, that was unintentional."

*I start to clean up my spilled coffee*

*I grab the little Santa hat on my head and chuck it away*

"Ugh, at least this isn't the Elemental Plane of Chaos... I hope."

*Noticing the two ponies nearby I walk over to the table*

"Uh. Hello there, pardon my interruption, but I seem to be a little lost."

*I turn over to the Purple unicorn sitting at the table and gesture widely at everything around*

"Excuse me, miss, you look like the academic type. If I may ask, where exactly are we?"

"Oh, uh, hello there. I'm quite popular today. My name is Nova, I'm sure you heard my whole spiel from the other side of the hub, I get like that sometimes."

*I stop and think for a moment.*

"You asked where we were right? My best explanation for this place, is that this is some sort of cross-dimensional hub, that doesn't exist in any dimension, hence why I've been calling it "the Hub." A good example of this place would be like crossing a bridge over the river. While on the bridge, you're not on either side of the river, you're on the bridge. Except with here there's, uh, quite possibly, infinite sides."

*I pull out a notebook with very poorly drawn diagrams, that I can very clearly understand apparently.*

"From what information I have gathered, it seems every individual here has gotten here through different means, and possibly different dimensions."

*I point at what looks like some sort of rune circle*

"I, personally, accidentally found this place while creating my spacial modification rune for my saddlebag here. And I've been using this place as my personal study lounge ever since."

*I pat my pink saddlebag that seems to rustle as though there's an entire library worth of books in there*

"O-oh. I see, a dimension between dimensions. Well that makes things slightly more complicated..."

*I rummage through my own bags and pull out a strange gadget that goes Ding every few seconds and stare at it for a moment*

"Yep, it's gone haywire."

*I look back up at the purple mare and the colt standing next to the table*

"Oh, where are my manners. I'm Free Quill, pleasure to meet you miss. You too, uhm, sir"

*I look back to the contraption for a few moments before it dings again and a face of realization hits, I facehoof*

"Ugh, this is the last time I try to use a 'restored' ley lense focus. See I may have ended up here due to a, um small fault in the device I was working on. A Teleportation device that in theory should be able to teleport anypony from point A to point B without the need for a Unicorn to operate it."

*I bang on the device a few times before placing it the table and pulling a screwdriver out of my bags and starting to fiddle with it for a bit before looking over Nova*

"Say, you seem somewhat familiar, you wouldn't happen to frequent the Canterlot Archives do you?"

*I look back down to the device and continue to fiddle with it*

• Like 1

Hmm...

*I sit and think about when the last time I was there was, and why.*

I haven't been there in at least a year, since I started my expedition in the Badlands. But yes, I've been to the Canterlot Archives quite a few times in years prior. I personally didn't have access to the place, but a friend of mine would always take me with her, she's like a mother to me, to be frank.

Anyhow, I don't recall seeing you before today, it must've been a short chat or a passing by.

Although, you said something about magic without requiring a unicorn to operate it? Do tell, this is my current topic of study.

"C'mon, seriously? Green ballcap, light and dark green stripe accents in my black mane and tail not ring any bells? Eh, whatever.... Guess I'll actually introduce myself to you and the new pony that just walked up.", the colymt decided as he prepared another intro to himself.

"My name's Nightshade Remix. Might sound a tad unorthodox of a name for a pony to have, but I'm kinda strange in general, so bear with me, please?"

He then turns to Nova, saying "So you're a magical artifact researcher, huh? Can't say I've dealt with stuff like that but it does come up. The most I can remember is a cursed book that has a spirit inside it that specializes in making stuff explode, but the spirit is actually a pretty cool guy. I'd personally be careful with that in your neck. Who knows if it'll cause you to go evil or something."

The colt then turns to what he heard is named Free Quill

"Your means of teleportation is malfunctioning too, huh? Wish I knew some magic besides the simplest of spells so I can get to places fast without having to deal with ny Warp Pipe method. They're just not liking me lately.", the unicorn said with a shrug.

• Like 1

"A haunted explosive cursed book? Never heard of it. Although..."

*I hold the gem affixed to the cursed collar with a bit of a disconcerting look on my face, which quickly fizzles away.*

"I haven't made much progress on the research of this gem, I may have to make a personal trip to the Canterlot Archives to do some in-depth studying. However, I did take into account that there may be some nasty side effects. That is an interesting thought though Nightshade, so give me one moment."

*I pull out what appears to be- a book, along with some vials, a small flat stone, and a piece of chalk. I then take the book and place it on the table, followed by the stone which is placed on top of the book. Next, I take the piece of chalk and write some foreign characters on the stone, along with a few on the cover of the book. I take a strand of my own hair out and place it inside the book cover. Lastly, I pour the vial on top of the stone and book, with the book absorbing the liquid, causing the stone to sink into the book, disappearing in a flash of light.*

"There. This is no ordinary book, obviously. This book is transcribed with what I call a 'Moral Compass Rune.' It generates a question each day with answers based upon my own personal morals. If it finds that I answer outside of my moral compass, or if I don't answer one day, it seals me in a bubble which I cannot escape from until it finds that I am morally sound again based on the questions.

Here, today's question is: "Is it okay to kill a pony?

My answer would be: "It depends on the situation."

*I write down my answer, and afterwards both the question and my answer disappear*

"Then, the question and answer should disappear, as it just did. This means my answer was acceptable. In the event that I were to answer incorrectly, it would then follow with two more questions, and if I answer all incorrectly, the bubble would activate for 24 hours until the next questions become available.

However, I sincerely doubt that this would happen with this artifact, because the civilization that this originates from were worshipers of the moon. They didn't really dabble in dark magic like that seen in the Far North. However, it makes me wonder why they would make something like this in the first place. Maybe there was a malicious presence there that caused their downfall? Or perhaps it's some sort of containment device that prevents the user from doing certain things. I have not seen any evidence that this is the case however. Like I said, I need to do more research."

*I pull out my notebook and take some notes.*

"Also, is that an Alicorn over there? Sheesh, other dimensions must be strange."

"What a fascinating book, it makes you wonder what kind of individual would make such a thing. It seems rather... punishing. Or a very elaborate way to prove somepony is who they say they are."

*I put my hoof up to my chip for a moment and think*

"Ah, I remember now, I've seen your name in the visitor's records. I work as a scribe in the Archives, had to tend to a whole bunch of visitor's logs from the last few years this week. Somepony spilled coffee over the box they were in... As for that Gem... Perhaps I could get you into the basement section of the Archives. It's where we keep all the books and records that have been deemed outdated or things the Royal and Public Libraries throws at us for storage because it isn't very popular. We have a rather large collection on Ancient Artifacts and some more came in from the Crystal Empire a few months ago, guess they aren't very popular over there."

*I realize I'm rambling and catch myself looking back at the device, I poke it a few times with the screwdriver and put it away in my bag*

"A-anywho. Ah, yes the Teleporter. It's the latest thing I've been tinkering with, a simple frame with several lay lens focuses with very specific spell runes engraved in them placed on both sides. Of course those don't work without magic, which was a huge problem... But I managed to find this strangle imported gem from somewhere in the dragon lands. The little thing is like a battery, it sucks in ambient magic throughout the day and you can then discharge it once it's full by applying a very small shock to the gem. Of course it's not very practical right now, but several of them, should I manage to find more, should be able to power it for longer."

*I pull out a few very detailed sketches of some runes, and a small blueprint the device itself with scribbles all around the sides*

"Today's test didn't quite go as I expected... It's a, uh, work in progress."

"...That's actually pretty neato considering it can contain malicious ponies if used correctly", Nightshade said after hearing Nova's explanation on what that weird book does.

Nightshade then turns to Free Quill.

"Hmm, a mechanical device that uses a passive magical gem to teleport. Also pretty neat. I honestly wouldn't have been able to travel to different worlds had I not found an out of place Warp Pipe inside Whitetail Woods one evening several months ago. I fell inside it by accident, and the next thing I know, I'm in a completely different place with dangerous terrain which was slightly offset by my jumping ability being significantly increased, strangely enough. The locals I eventually encountered were nice enough to help me get back to Equestria and gifted me a special badge charm that lets me use Warp Pipes on demand that I have stored in my saddlebag. Said bag's space was also increased in capacity through a different charm to store more stuff similar to how Nova's saddlebag is probably the same based on the noise it was making when she was shuffling through it."

,Nightshade rattled on about while pointing to his bag on his back.