Badshot

The Roleplay Hub (OOC 4th wall breaking casual roleplay)

*I shake my head*

It wouldn't work for that sort of situation, Nightshade. It requires the user to be the one to make the rune.

And Free Quill, I haven't done any research into the origin of this rune type. I found it in the early stages of my expedition, in the Everfree.

*My eyes light up*

Wait. Did you say a shipment of books from the Crystal Empire?! Books that have been preserved for about a millenium? Please keep me updated, I would love to go through those books if that's a possibility!

*I jump up and down with the giddy excitement of a school filly, attracting odd stares from the other denizens of the coffee shop*

Oh! And your research is fascinating. Have you considered writing for Magic Weekly?

*I hand you a copy*

I write a segment about once a month about my findings. It's like a collection of recent scientific journals.

*I look at Nightshade with a raised eyebrow*

"A "Warp" Pipe? In the middle of the White Tail? That's... odd. Are you sure you didn't accidentally walk into a very localized plain tear? I hear those happen every now and then out in places with a lot of wild magic."

*I turn back to Nova and hold a hoof up*

"Please, just Quill is fine. If you're ever in the area, drop by and I can show you the collection. That is, unless Paper Trail had another one of her "organisation" sprees, not even the Princesses could find those books if she had her way with them."

*I take the copy and hold it up in front of me*

"Oh! The latest issue! My copies seem to always get lost in the mail, so I have to read the ones we receive at work."

*I open it up and skim over the contents for a few moments before freezing and looking up*

"M-me? Write for Magic Weekly? Oh, no, no, no, I c-couldn't do that. I'm no Mage or a Researcher or anything, I-I just tinker in my free time, make practical things. Heck, half of them usually explode when I turn them on!"

*I nervously shuffle a bit causing my bags to slip off and hit the ground with a thud. The left one falls over and opens. A bunch of books, quills, an ink bottle, schematics for various contraptions, notes and papers full of scribbles spill out in the immediate vicinity*

"Darn it! I hate when it does that."

*I lean down and start picking my stuff up*

(I guess I should do something)

("Yeah ya should")

(Stay out of this.)

Allen and Fern wander off to somewhere, Allen likely looking for a pub.

Meanwhile one of the more humanoid characters of BadShot's decides to wander around and explore, the overgrown fairy looking one to be precise, she pretty much looks like a loli with bug wings... (don't judge me, also she isn't underaged so go away Mr. Hansen)

She seemed to be curious of everything but also slightly uneasy, lots to take in and all...

"Oh. Thank you. It does that every now and then."

*I sheepishly smile before noticing the little device I was tampering with previously*

"This place is rather nice compared to the last place I got sent. Ponies here are much friendlier anyway, but I really should fix that thing so I actually have a way of getting back."

*I pick up my bags and the device and levitate them over to the table. It goes *ding* once again as I place it on the table*

"Ugh, it's still completely out of whack..."

*I look it over, summon a screwdriver and start disassembling it*

*I start quietly mumbling something about spell matrices, focus crystals and tea*

Nightshade was staring off into space momentarily before he snapped back into reality,

"Woah... Sorry about that. To answer your question, Free Quill, I honestly don't know. I mean, I didn't exactly sense anything wrong when I came across the warp pipe in the woods, but I know jack shit about the signs that would point towards that. It very well could have been a 'localized plain tear' for all I know. When I was over there in that new world, the princess of the kingdom I was introduced to apparently gets kidnapped every other week by some weird reptilian tyrant and some of the plans said tyrant comes up with cause a lot of destruction; Heck, even 2 of them almost ended in the untimely destruction of the universe the world was in.

...I wish I was making that up.", Nightshade said in slight disbelief.

*Unfazed by Nightshade's completely insane recount of his tales, I smile*

"Of course, you're welcome Quill, anything for a new friend. I wish I could help you with your work, but I'm not that good at mechanical magics."

*I point my head at the random pony*

"Sorry, teleportation spells don't work cross-dimensionally, and I can only do short-range teleportation on top of that."

*I then go back to reading my book and taking notes at the- now coffee stained- table, occasionally pulling out a map and making some marks.*

Despite its weakness, the creature felt no fear. When it had finally managed to climb back onto its four hind limbs, the olfactory sensors on its head detected something positively divine.

It was a smell it hadn't experienced for nearly its entire life. It was one that would have been utterly ignored if the healing concoction hadn't redesigned a little bit of its physiology. It was one that most others of its kind wouldn't have spared a second glancing thought to process.

It was the smell of coffee.

With a loud shriek, the creature shot forward, making up for its lack of experience walking with shorter limbs with an insufferable amount of excitement. Its long tail almost wagged.

Jumping, the alien crashed into the occupied coffee table, smashing its frames to little splinters. They were all incinerated by the Aura. Unfazed, started lapping up any remaining coffee stains left on the table. With its limited success, it threw itself at the ink stains on the floor and did the same. Though the taste was vastly different, the insect decided it was content with licking the liquid off the floor nonetheless.

A few meters away, smack dab in the path of destruction the alien had taken, was a rather stunned Alicorn with VERY messy feathers.

Without warning, upon the featureless white floor emerged a great many of intricate sigils that flowed in a massive circle. They glowed a powerful cold blue light and shook as if exerting a great effort.

From the center of the circle, there emerged a towering armor. It was humanoid and colossal in size, upright and easily standing at eight feet in height. Snow clung to it, as if attached, and the material of the armor itself seemed ice-like in appearance.

Upon its back was a sword of broad proportions almost as large as the armor it adorned, the kind of weapon others usually acquired to compensate for glaring deficiencies elsewhere. Cold air could be seen squirming around this newly arrived figure. With this lifeless hunk of metal so generously gifted to this white void, the runes responsible fled in a flash befitting of their brightness.

The young fairy looking person glanced towards the sound of the crashing, startled. Though even more so once she saw what caused it, she immediately buzzed her wings and floated in the other direction, skittish one she is.

Only to run into a giant hunk of metal that just appeared out of nowhere. After shaking off her light collision that the other likely didn't even notice, she looked at what she hit, and proceeded to more and more lift her head until she saw what was supposedly the face of the giant.

Needless to say she was a tad frightened.

*I scream like a little filly as the strange creature destroys all of my work.*

*I blink, quietly, stunned, and take a deep breath. I put on my goggles and I pull out some pre-made runes and place them around the shattered remains of the table and my work. I then pull out a vial of purple solution and pour it around the vicinity of the debris. Lastly, I take my staff out of my bag and smack the bottom on the ground starting a chain reaction of pieces come out of the ash and connect back together into their original state. Piece by piece, the table and my work is stitched back together. The only thing missing was the coffee, as this magic doesn't work on liquids, unfortunately.*

"Darn, that solution took a month to make."

*I then look down at the strange creature.*

"What in the living Tartarus are you?!"

*I then look out into the plaza where a large structure had formed.*

"What in the living Tatarus is that?! I'm taking safety measures."

*I move to another table with my things and setup another circle around that table with runes, and pour a small amount of a pink vial around it, causing a bubble to appear over the table. I take off my goggles and sit down with a fresh cup of coffee.*

Nightshade just looked at all that just happened and couldn't help but crack up at the sight of the strange alien trying to lap up all the coffee that was spilled on the floor, flopping around while doing so. "Seems like the creature is und re the influence of the 'YEAH COFFEE Syndrome' ", Nightshade thought jonkingly. The immediate decimation of the table Nova was occupying when the alien barged through it was slightly concerning, though.

The Nightshade turned to the impeding suit armor that just appeared, it's structure not pony-like in any way. And it doesn't seem like anything is in it, either. "It ain't moving yet, at least.", Nightshade thought in relief.

He then turned to Nova, who somehow repaired the table she was at, probably with some magic she knows. There waa also a giant bubble shield around the table Nova is at; Also probably made by her as well.

Nightshade felt the need to comment, "Sheesh, Nova...Overreaction much?", he said half-jokingly.

• Like 1

*Out of the corner of my eye I catch something on a collision course with the table and have just enough time to grab my bags and step back as the creature decimates the table*

*I scream out and instinctively cast a bubble shield around me while I stumble back into a yellow ball and start rolling away*

*I roll into a huge suit of armor and wobbly stand up, getting my bearings*

"What in the name of Starswirl's Secret Tome collection is THAT thing!"

*I roll back to the table to survey the damage just as Nova finishes her ritual and find my device mostly disintegrated and scattered over the place*

"OH COME ON! That thing took months to build! The Anchor stone alone took me a whole month to make..."

*I sit down in the bubble and loose my balance, tumbling over and rolling until I hit another, larger purple shield and just sit there staring up into the void*

"Ah, horseapples."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ponygirl said:

stop ignoring me

im here look at my posts

(You need to give a bit more effort, be more descriptive and actually approach a character rather than just say you're talking to them, for all we know you could be across the room talking to yourself)

Anyways, the overgrown fairy, who btw stood at a meager 4'11" to give you a perspective, stared up at the metal giant who was oddly quiet. Letting out a pathetic whimper she managed out a meek sounding "Hi" with a shaking wave of a hand

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Badshot said:

(You need to give a bit more effort, be more descriptive and actually approach a character rather than just say you're talking to them, for all we know you could be across the room talking to yourself)

Anyways, the overgrown fairy, who btw stood at a meager 4'11" to give you a perspective, stared up at the metal giant who was oddly quiet. Letting out a pathetic whimper she managed out a meek sounding "Hi" with a shaking wave of a hand

(uh hey, I have a question. Are Kingdom Hearts humanoid characters allowed, because if it is, I will most certainly partake in it)

15 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

(uh hey, I have a question. Are Kingdom Hearts humanoid characters allowed, because if it is, I will most certainly partake in it)

(Lol read first post again, any characters are allowed from anything, there are no rules here save for general forum rules and no weapons)

3 minutes ago, Badshot said:

(Lol read first post again, any characters are allowed from anything, there are no rules here save for general forum rules and no weapons)

(Ah, thanks.)

The cold aura that permeated from the lifeless metal wriggled in the presence of the fairy, and began to circle around the armor excitedly. The helmet's visor soon glowed a dark red light, and the metal mass suddenly collapsed onto its knees with a thud, like it was weakened. In a quick motion, the clearly animated armor reached for its sword, but could not grasp it, metallic fingers instead hovering over the blade's handle.

Not missing a moment, however, it righted itself and stood once more at its full height. It looked out into the Hub, seeing for only a moment the gelid snowy plains of the Frozen North, the eternally raging blizzards, and the abandoned city it resided in not too long ago. Then it saw the realm as it truly was, a curious and seemingly hospitable place of comfort. Not of its own will, the dangerous red light was quelled and replaced with a cautious yellow instead. The armor then understood that there could be no violence done here.

It gazed emptily towards its surroundings, before finally resting on the closest character-of-interest. A feminine creature of small proportion adorning insect wings on her back. It did not know what this creature was, only that she was vaguely similar in shape to itself. It recalled that she had said a greeting to it. Minding that, the animation boomed robotically, "Hail, small one."

She had the look of fear in her eyes, her thin frame and lack of any apparent fighting skill or even weapon makes it clear that she is absolutely zero threat to just about anything. Despite her fear she managed to continue speaking, even if shakily.

"U-um... so who or w-what exactly are you? N-not that it's a problem or a-anything... Just uh... c-curious"

(Also going on a limb here, he's from dark souls ain't he?)

"This one is a construct made to be the dutiful protector of the now gone Reindeer race of the Frozen North. They had named it 'Deorward'," the lifeless metal stated matter-of-factly. It scanned the fairy once more, before booming, "This Guardian has decided that you are not a danger to it." The yellow light did not disappear however, indicating that the construct was still likely suspicious of this unfamiliar place and its other inhabitants.

(Actually an OC of mine. It's been presented in the OC Master List.)

(I had that thought, but I couldn't remember its name, anyway, glad to see him make it)

Still a little frightened, but slowly calming down, knowing that it won't try to hurt her at least, not that it could... She spoke softly, but a scared tone was still present.

"I'm uh... Cesse, I'm just an Eniripsa, I'm basically a healer of sorts..."

Suddenly a flash of green streaks across the hub, stopping at Deorward, this streak is then revealed to be Fern the Floran, who was attracted to the construct by it's armor, she showed zilch fear but more immense curiosity. The sudden appearance of this figure made Cesse jump and have possibly a mini heartattack... Fern isn't exactly a friendly sight which her claw like hands, mandible like mouth, plant based body and tribal clothing.

And also the fact that she was a tad primitive in the thinking bits.

Cesse: "Uhhh... Hi there..."

Fern gave no response, as she was fixiated on the giant

After seeing the two beings interact, Nightshade just realized, "Wait, that giant and weird fairy girl are humans like those inhabitants of the Mushroom Kindom, or at least humanoid in shape."

Nightshade then decided to approach the 2 new individuals, unsure on how to introduce himself this time around.