CleoGalaxy

Do Pedos have a place in Fandoms?

With the recent arrest of one of the animators for a show, i was wondering if those sickos had a place in fandoms. In my thoughts, they don't, they really don't have a place anyone but in prison. In the furry fandom we're hella against harmful people (toxics, creeps, abusers, scammers, etc.) What are you're thoughts?

They don't, or at least I hope they don't. As a fandom that has children within it, we should make it clear that pedos need to get out.

• Like 3

I feel a distinction needs to be drawn between sexual predators, and people who are involuntarily attracted to children but never act on it in any way. Nobody chooses to get fucked-up urges. There are some people who go after little kids because they want all the power in a sexual relationship, and they need to be separated out from society. But there are others who just got some wires crossed when their brains were developing. Yeah, it's gross, and they probably shouldn't be around kids if they can help it, but let's not demonize people with a mental illness just because it's not as sympathetic as, say, anxiety disorder. It's how they respond to those urges that determines whether they're a monster, garden-variety creep or upstanding citizen who chooses to live strictly celibate rather than prey on the vulnerable. And by the way, a lot of these people are driven deeper into their own communities -- and thus more likely to act on their pedophilia -- rather than seeking therapy and treatment because everyone's knee-jerk reaction to their condition is KILL THEM WITH FIRE. When you're afraid to come into the light about it, you're just gonna hang out with the only people you can talk to -- other pedophiles. This is very bad for society. Those tight-knit communities are where monsters are created, because their urges get normalized, rationalized, and encouraged by their like-minded friends. Whereas there are brony artists I've seen who I'm fairly sure are fantasizing about minors, privately, but it's only a suspicion because they prefer the company of the fandom at large enough to contain that side of themselves. They go as far as drawing ponies with curvy hips and flat-chested, anthropomorphic upper torsos and that's it. Nobody's getting hurt there. So let's put down our pitchforks and knock it off with language like "sickos" and "don't have a place anywhere but in prison", at least until you've made it clear you're talking about serial molesters and not unfortunate individuals struggling with personal demons.

Those who act on such urges have no place anywhere. But without giving people a chance to amend for their mistakes, they wont get any better and it will serve as breeding grounds for intolerance. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, Kindheartedponk said:

Fuck No!

Zero Tolerance against things like Necrophilia, Pedophilia, and Zoophilia, Sex Offenders. The Furry Fandom is burning because of this.

Exactly, I don't like witch hunts, but when people want to fuck children they need to banned. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:01 AM, Friendship is Horses said:

They go as far as drawing ponies with curvy hips and flat-chested, anthropomorphic upper torsos and that's it

Drawing that stuff, dosen't equate to pedophilia. OR being attracted to minors, we shoudn't let this be a safe haven for pedophiles and equating small chest flat chest lewds of characther tp pedophilia is disgusting. I know pedos will be attracted to places with a lot of kids, so supporting people with these urges is wrong. 

• Like 1

I would say that being so blunt towards your argument is greatly counterintuitive. I don't support pedophilia, however, I will say that as long as they arent hurting people, and keeping those thoughts to themselves as any normal person would in casual conversation, I don't have a problem with the person

• Like 1