Holly Blue Agate

Starlight Glimmer fan club :3

Ah Starlight Glimmer, honestly a character roller coaster. I love her but then I hate her. Then I love her again! She just refuses to allow me to have a clear opinion. WARNING, WALL OF TEXT! 

s1_e1_67_by_drawponies-d8or5sr.png

The Bad Starlight Glimmer

The first time we saw her I definitely liked her. She was relatively weak villain compared to others and that probably was not great start for many. But for me she was great, because she was a regular pony who was delusional. She was bad pony but believed she was good and was ignorant how hypocritical she was. And well I am sucker for cults and the equalism she preached was just enough for her to be branded as a communist by fandom. And of course best part: she interrupted Twilight speech and managed to ran away. While she was not a best villain she was unique enough for me to like her and more was to come! And more came...

I loved that she wanted revenge. I loved how deranged she became and tried to mess with time itself. Now normally I loathe time travel but it was great excuse to give all other villains a round two. This generous act hurt Starlight's villain status as she reminded us of all other villains who were much more dangerous.

And then the backstory...

Overall I liked her as she was unique for the show and had touched my subjective likes.

starlight_glimmer_by_lolliponybrony-d9wp
Good Starlight Glimmer

That montage of her suddenly befriending all of mane six and Our Town ponies was stupid and it ruined valuable stories. Great way to start after the backstory! The first two episodes didn't really help me to like her as I felt that it was Sunset-lite situation and I didn't particularly care for Sunburst. Hoped that Glimmer would at least ask "hey you bloody wanker, why didn't you send me a letter". While she was rather easily forgiven I didn't mind that part because ponies are dumb and forgiving. The Time travel screwing up technically never happened and only Twilight has experienced it, so only fans and time police can really have a problem. Also for some reason they pretend Starlight's mind magic is the problem and not the fact that she was a crazy cult leader.

But luckily the regular episodes turned me around. Loved the Trixie episode (also it is that episode that made me like Trixie too). Loved the fact that Starlight turned out that she was not Sunset by the fact that she is still amoral person with poor judgment. She still remained a pony that believed she was good yet did bad things. In a way she became surrogate character for internet fandom like Twilight was in early seasons. Now instead of having shy barely social bookworm (and we all like to think we are smart but too shy) we have a pony who believes she is right and that everything would be better if everyone agreed (don't even deny you never thought this about people you disagree!).

And last episode was great and we got also more Trixie and Discord who saved the ending for me. Oh also Thorax was there and there was a deus out of my ass.

Anyway I liked her as a villain and she managed to dug herself out of crap for me to like her again. But I still do have a major problem that she keeps eating up two-parter episodes. She already got 4 and she is about to get 5th. I do like her but I seriously think that Glimmer should take a backseat and let others have some spotlight. Don't know how many of you will agree but I think Twilight really needs to get back in the game as she is on the road to really become like other princesses (and we all know what great adventures Celestia, Luna and Cadance have!).

• Like 4

I think her backstory reflects somehow that we tend to do mistakes over simple things that end up being big, I believe we all have done that and many don´t admit it or perharps havn´t even realized it. 

Here is a song I believe fits her, I don´t know you.

And here is a kawai picture of her *_*

JxbTHVU.png

• Like 3

So, in Rock Solid Friendship, Starlight mentions she likes kites, right?

I just happened to watch Every Little Thing She Does again, and I noticed something: there are kites in her room, in the background. I guess the producers planned all along to make her like kites someday...?

• Like 4

@SkyChaser

I assumed personally that the writer for Rock Solid Friendship saw the Every Little Thing She Does and had decided to to make a continuity. Episodes have different writers and in this case storyboard artists too and doubt producers plan out such small details. I could be wrong.

• Like 4

Heads up, everypony! This Friday, May 19th, is Kelly Sheridan's birthday!

190?cb=20150407074458

• Like 4

Happy birthday 

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 5:27 PM, ChB said:

Heads up, everypony! This Friday, May 19th, is Kelly Sheridan's birthday!

190?cb=20150407074458

Cute starlight picture here.

828.gif

• Like 3