Was decision to replace Pony Twilight with Sci-Twi ultimately worth it?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Was decision to replace Pony Twilight with Sci-Twi ultimately worth it?

• Yes. I like her more than Pony Twilight.
    • I guess. There is something about her.
    • I don't really care. Both will do.
    • No. She should have stay only for one movie.
    • I WANT MY PONY TWILIGHT BACK!!!

On September 2014th, Princess Twilight Sparkle traveled to the human world for the second time, in the second Equestria Girls installment: “Rainbow Rocks”. After that amazing movie ended, I could not wait for the third one. I could not wait how things would turn out with another Twilight, from the human world. But alas, my expectations were not met. I wasn’t exactly happy with the way she turned out. And when everybody embraced her after “Legend of Everfree”, I turned off my screen with feelings of a funeral attendee. With tears and just one simple question on my mind: why? That question emerged again after monitoring reaction of the suppressive majority of those who also watched that movie. With that said, I have come here to finally explain what is my major malfunction with Sci-Twi, as well as try to dispel the myth of Sci-Twi being a lot more in common with Princess Twilight than just name, appearance, and voice.

I shall begin with “Friendship Games”. After seeing couple of YouTube videos uploaded in the eve of then-upcoming “Rainbow Rocks”, I jumped to a conclusion that those can spoil quite a bit of the movie. Which is why I stayed away from the “Friendship Games” ones. The only things I knew were basic premise about competition, Crystal Prep, and human world’s Twilight. Also, there was a screenshot where Sci-Twi is (as it turned out when I watched it) hiding behind the column, with a face of a person who is about to break a law. Taking that along with what was in “Rainbow Rocks” post-credits scene, I thought she would be the new villain. She would be as mean-spirited as the rest of the Shadowbolts. That she would stop in front of nothing to get to the bottom of the whole “magic stuff” about CHS. Even probably delivering some kind of ultimatum to huMane 6 that if they lose, they would tell her everything about magic (or something like that). However, with those thoughts in mind, after finally watching the movie Sci-Twi’s character ended up being…pretty underwhelming.

As it turned out, she is actually an outcast in her educational establishment. She is very estranged from others, straight to the point of treating her not-yet-talking pet, Spike the Dog, as her only friend. It does sound similar to pony Twilight’s story, except the latter’s classmates were never mean to her and she always preferred studying to communicating. But she never had a fear of other ponies. Plus Spike the Dragon could keep a conversation with her. So here are first differences, aside from the origins.

Okay, we can go with that. Although, when I gave it a good thought it felt like the writers took Twilight’s character and added some of Fluttershy to the equation. This is where my first problem surfaces: what was the point of giving Sci-Twi a bit of Fluttershy, if we ALREADY HAVE FLUTTERSHY? You see, when I was studying the development interviews with Lauren Faust for my research essay, I stumbled upon an article in which she stated that one of the key ideas was the creation of completely different characters that would have to learn to be friends despite their differences. “Different characters” are the keywords. And now there is a similarity between Sci-Twi and Fluttershy.

Next on the list is the device that human Twilight constructed to supposedly track down any unusual activity (Scientific invention: one point to similarities with pony Twilight, I admit). It later proves to be more than just that. Sci-Twi eventually uses it to steal the equestrian magic from huMane 6 and the portal monument. Or rather, the device does that automatically and she just lets it to do so. This is where we can observe how obliviously she does that, escaping almost right away, never even trying to tell huMane 6 what just happened. I mean she could easily try to approach them and ask what is with them and that whole magic thing, since she was that curious. They all were displaying pretty friendly attitude towards her. Well, maybe except for Sunset Shimmer, who saw that Sci-Twi was tinkering with things she didn’t understand. Of course someone from huMane 6 could have tell her that if only Sci-Twi didn’t make her hasty retreat with another portion of magic. Or remember that part where Sunset scolded her for toying with stuff she does not understand. It was pretty harsh indeed, eh? Considering human Twilight’s social life in her school. Although, how exactly Sunset could have known that? The other fact against Sci-Twi is that by the point when they were doing motocross contest, her device has consumed magic for three times already. Three! And on the third one it caused some rifts opening uncontrollably. That should have given her some kind of idea that the thing should be put away for the time being until she apologizes to huMane 6 and tries to figure things out with them, since they had longer story with equestrian magic. But alas, that never happened.

Next stop is her transformation into Midnight Sparkle. Which means it is time for another big question: where did that sudden personality change come from? In the first Equestria Girls movie, when Sunset put on Twilight’s crown and became a demon it was clear about her intentions of using that power to take over Equestria, because that is what she stole the crown for in the first place. And why was Sci-Twi behaving all evil? This change of her personality just came out of nowhere with no actual explanation whatsoever. She just wants to open the rifts, not giving a darn about possible consequences. And that’s it.

This is as far as I can go just with “Friendship Games”. With all that knowledge I have gathered in my mind, it was quite an alarming thing to know that she transferred to CHS to be with huMane 6. This can mean only one thing: Pony Twilight is no longer needed in Equestria Girls now when she was replaced. I also want to point out that there was even a deleted scene, in which Sci-Twi instead goes back to Crystal Prep and make some friends there. You know, with that ending I would say: “You know what? This movie was all right. Yes, it had its downsides, but it was all right. Definitely could be worse.” And what could possibly be “worse”? Well…something called “Legend of Everfree”.

The fourth Equestria Girls installment. Almost everybody who saw it say that it was mostly pretty good. Once I was done watching it, I honest-to-Applejack could not believe any of that was real. Some of its key choices were making little to no sense. And in the center of it all, we once again had Sci-Twi. I could swear that the movie, right from its box art, was forcing her down my throat against my will. But let’s get it all in the line.

Apparently Midnight Sparkle was never gone. She remained inside Sci-Twi, just like Mr. Hyde. But why? Yes, she tried to break interdimensional balance, but there was no true purpose for doing that. And why Midnight wants to take over Sci-Twi again? To take control of all of the magic? Um…what for? I have a better question: why Sunset never got a story about conquering the demon inside of her? Because that would make much more sense, rather than Sci-Twi being torn apart about things she didn’t want to do in the first place.

The whole movie this time centers an awful lot on Sci-Twi. Even Sunset, one of the most important characters of Equestria Girls, doesn’t have that much weight anymore. Almost all of her importance was taken away from her and given to Sci-Twi so she can…have her incredibly lame romance with Timber (which ultimately goes nowhere, I might add), and displaying her mental inability to deal with her inner problems.

And by the end of it, we face the last thing on our list. The one that snapped my neck. SCI-TWI WITH WINGS! How even should I describe how wrong that was?

“Well, when she was Midnight Sparkle, she had wi-“

So what? Sunset also had wings when she was a demon. Where are hers?

“Well you see, Pony Twilight has them, so it makes se-“

NO. It makes absolutely no sense. Pony Twilight was originally a unicorn. She got her wings from Princess Celestia. Earned them, to be precise. It took 2.5 seasons (3 actually, but I used 2.5 for episode count purposes since S3 only had 13 episodes instead of 26) for her to learn about friendship, as well as accomplish some important tasks. What is Sci-Twi’s excuse to have wings? In 3-episodes time. She barely started to understand friendship and magic, and she has wings already?!

And one more time I have to ask: why? Sci-Twi is a very underdeveloped character that has very little in common with Pony Twilight. As somebody, who was watching Pony Twilight since the first episode, the fact that she got this kind of replacement hurts me a lot. Especially realizing that I am almost alone on this. So now, when I have finally let out all of my steam regarding Sci-Twi, I would like to hear from you: What was the point of this replacement? Is there anything redeeming about Sci-Twi? How is she better than pony Twilight (in case you think she is)? And lastly: how can one treat her and Pony Twilight as one and the same thing?

Because…I really need to know.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Light Blade said:

What was the point of this replacement?

I think it was because, the writers didn't want to have to keep making up reasons for Pony Twilight

to return to the human world, does that make sense?

I also  agree that Sci Twi is underdeveloped & even though I like her, 

(For being another  version of my favorite character.)

I feel like she's a discount Fluttershy with a few characteristics  of Twilight Sparkle thrown in.

• Like 4

The way I see it, they left pony Twilight out of Legend of the Everfree so they could distance themselves from Pony. That's why Rainbow Rocks's intro was an original song. Equestria Girls is its own franchise, so I can understand that decision.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think it was because, the writers didn't want to have to keep making up reasons for Pony Twilight to return to the human world, does that make sense?

Yes, because having Pony Twilight around every single movie does feel mandatory. Not really, because isn't Sunset enough? Is it necessary to have the full set of characters every time?

58 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

The way I see it, they left pony Twilight out of Legend of the Everfree so they could distance themselves from Pony. That's why Rainbow Rocks's intro was an original song. Equestria Girls is its own franchise, so I can understand that decision.

Rainbow Rocks still had that connection. And besides, if EG was planned to be something separate from FiM, then what was the point of creating that connection in the first place?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Light Blade said:

Yes, because having Pony Twilight around every single movie does feel mandatory. Not really, because isn't Sunset enough? Is it necessary to have the full set of characters every time?

I think the reason why every character is in every movie is because, Hasbro wants to sell products featuring those characters.

• Like 2

@Light Blade

I know I'll probably get heat for this but, if Sci Twi was absent from the Equestria Girls franchise

I'd feel sad because, no matter which version of Twilight Sparkle it is she's still my favorite character in MLP: FiM.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Light Blade said:

Rainbow Rocks still had that connection. And besides, if EG was planned to be something separate from FiM, then what was the point of creating that connection in the first place?

It wasn't originally intended to be a franchise from what I understand.

• Like 3

I dislike human-Twilight in the EQG franchise because it just feels so... I dunno. Tacked on? Unnecessary? I like Sunset being the leader of the HuMane Six and it being different like that. I like there being that difference, and others.

• Like 2

I only like her design in Friendship Games and the possibility it opened for me to ship Sunset with her while shipping Pony Twilight with Trixie and stuff 8D

Honestly, everything has already been highlighted. Though I have to admit, I was hyped when I saw that ending scene in RR, Hasbro ultimately gave us Fluttershy with Twi's skin. I thought she was gonna be more like Pony Twilight in the first episode; not shy, but rather uninterested in friendship and more interested in science n stuff. Buuuut we got the "Uh...ehhhh...I...I wanna be alone because everyones an a-hole in this school...please don't be mad". Geez girl, grow a spine.

I dislike her design in Legend of Everfree because its Twi with glasses. I mean, at least her school uniform and tied hair gave her a unique look (and her science coat!). And her story was so similar to Sunset that you don't get any interest in her. What's worse, even though Sunset is still the "leader" in LoE, Twilight kinda ended up being the OP character (and lets face it, Sunset's power sucks).

So yeah...she wasn't needed, but for the same reason Sunset will never appear in the show, PonyTwi couldn't keep popping up in the EG movies so they created an expy without much personality. We all know that Sunset IS and WILL always be the "Twilight" of the human world.

• Like 2

Thank your for this thoughtful analysis, Light Blade. I have joined the fandom relatively late, but I can imagine that if I were in your shoes and saw Rainbow Rocks in 2014, I too would have been underwhelmed by how Sci-Twi's villainy turned out. I can see your points, and many if not most are valid. As a response, I will explain why, while not necessarily disagreeing with your points, still opine that Sci-Twi is at least a decent character. 

On 1/6/2017 at 11:07 AM, Light Blade said:

As it turned out, she is actually an outcast in her educational establishment. She is very estranged from others, straight to the point of treating her not-yet-talking pet, Spike the Dog, as her only friend. It does sound similar to pony Twilight’s story, except the latter’s classmates were never mean to her and she always preferred studying to communicating. But she never had a fear of other ponies. Plus Spike the Dragon could keep a conversation with her. So here are first differences, aside from the origins.

Okay, we can go with that. Although, when I gave it a good thought it felt like the writers took Twilight’s character and added some of Fluttershy to the equation. This is where my first problem surfaces: what was the point of giving Sci-Twi a bit of Fluttershy, if we ALREADY HAVE FLUTTERSHY? You see, when I was studying the development interviews with Lauren Faust for my research essay, I stumbled upon an article in which she stated that one of the key ideas was the creation of completely different characters that would have to learn to be friends despite their differences. “Different characters” are the keywords. And now there is a similarity between Sci-Twi and Fluttershy.

I think that the slight difference was inevitable from the beginning of the EG series. Twilight Sparkle studied magic under Celestia's guidance, while Sci-Twi studied all on her own. Whatever the reason Josh Haber decided to make a human Twilight, he had to come up with a reason for why she never appeared in Canterlot High School, whose principal is Celestia. Hence, Sci-Twi had to be from another school, creating a different background between the characters. Further, Pony Twilight had to have an epiphany, in order to realize the importance of friendship. In the Pilot, Celestia planned for Twilight to not only make friends, but also to make her become the primary role in the process of bonding of Mane Six. Whereas, in the first Equestria movie, the EG Humane Five were already friends. This made it unnecessary for Sci-Twi to have an epiphany from being relatively apathetic to friendship, making it acceptable, if not neccessary, to make Sci-Twi have a different reason for lacking friendship beyond her closest companion.

Finally, there are some overlap in personality between the Mane Six, as well. Applejack and Rainbow Dash are both competitive. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all struggle with insecurity at times. Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash evidently like to read suspense/action series books. I don't necessarily see a need for characters to have nothing in common with each other, in order to get Faust's message across.

Next on the list is the device that human Twilight constructed to supposedly track down any unusual activity (Scientific invention: one point to similarities with pony Twilight, I admit). It later proves to be more than just that. Sci-Twi eventually uses it to steal the equestrian magic from huMane 6 and the portal monument. Or rather, the device does that automatically and she just lets it to do so. This is where we can observe how obliviously she does that, escaping almost right away, never even trying to tell huMane 6 what just happened. I mean she could easily try to approach them and ask what is with them and that whole magic thing, since she was that curious. They all were displaying pretty friendly attitude towards her. Well, maybe except for Sunset Shimmer, who saw that Sci-Twi was tinkering with things she didn’t understand. Of course someone from huMane 6 could have tell her that if only Sci-Twi didn’t make her hasty retreat with another portion of magic. Or remember that part where Sunset scolded her for toying with stuff she does not understand. It was pretty harsh indeed, eh? Considering human Twilight’s social life in her school. Although, how exactly Sunset could have known that? The other fact against Sci-Twi is that by the point when they were doing motocross contest, her device has consumed magic for three times already. Three! And on the third one it caused some rifts opening uncontrollably. That should have given her some kind of idea that the thing should be put away for the time being until she apologizes to huMane 6 and tries to figure things out with them, since they had longer story with equestrian magic. But alas, that never happened.

I agree with this analysis, more or less. To me, it felt like Sci-Twi was trying to hide the locket-like device, because she wanted to discover the magic in secret, because she was afraid of what others will think about her (just as she didn't seem to like Cadence's advice to Sci-Twi, early in the movie). However, I don't think this is completely alien to Pony Twilight, as she has been taking some sneaky actions in episodes like "Lesson Zero", "What About Discord" and "No Second Prances."  

Next stop is her transformation into Midnight Sparkle. Which means it is time for another big question: where did that sudden personality change come from? In the first Equestria Girls movie, when Sunset put on Twilight’s crown and became a demon it was clear about her intentions of using that power to take over Equestria, because that is what she stole the crown for in the first place. And why was Sci-Twi behaving all evil? This change of her personality just came out of nowhere with no actual explanation whatsoever. She just wants to open the rifts, not giving a darn about possible consequences. And that’s it.

I think it was an Equestrian equivalent to "demonic possession." To me, the device's power to steal magic suggests a symbol of darkness, evil, and lust for power. Sci-Twi did not know what she was getting herself into. She didn't realize that the magic not only had the potential to do a lot of damage, but also change her.

Apparently Midnight Sparkle was never gone. She remained inside Sci-Twi, just like Mr. Hyde. But why? Yes, she tried to break interdimensional balance, but there was no true purpose for doing that. And why Midnight wants to take over Sci-Twi again? To take control of all of the magic? Um…what for? I have a better question: why Sunset never got a story about conquering the demon inside of her? Because that would make much more sense, rather than Sci-Twi being torn apart about things she didn’t want to do in the first place.

Since I like classic horror stories such as Stephen King, I kind of liked the Midnight Sparkle "Mr. Hyde" subplot. It resonated to me as a good foreshadow of a potentially good plot development in LoE, so that the viewers can know from the start that LoE will be more than a field trip. Why does Mightnight Sparkle want control of the magic? Simply, because she has a lust for power, just like the Sith and many other classical villains. As for why Sunset never got this plot, I'm guessing that there are some light and dark force differences between the crown and Sci-Twi's device.

The whole movie this time centers an awful lot on Sci-Twi. Even Sunset, one of the most important characters of Equestria Girls, doesn’t have that much weight anymore. Almost all of her importance was taken away from her and given to Sci-Twi so she can…have her incredibly lame romance with Timber (which ultimately goes nowhere, I might add), and displaying her mental inability to deal with her inner problems.

I agree that the romance was forced and lame. As for being Sci-twi centered, I got the impression that Sunset played a big role in the movie, given her multiple attempts to help Sci-Twi (showing her continued growth from being a selfish villain to being an admirable model of friendship), her interaction with Flash, as well as her song to embrace the magic within the Humane Six.   

And by the end of it, we face the last thing on our list. The one that snapped my neck. SCI-TWI WITH WINGS! How even should I describe how wrong that was?

NO. It makes absolutely no sense. Pony Twilight was originally a unicorn. She got her wings from Princess Celestia. Earned them, to be precise. It took 2.5 seasons (3 actually, but I used 2.5 for episode count purposes since S3 only had 13 episodes instead of 26) for her to learn about friendship, as well as accomplish some important tasks. What is Sci-Twi’s excuse to have wings? In 3-episodes time. She barely started to understand friendship and magic, and she has wings already?!

Who said that every potential alicorn has to meet the same set of requirments in order to become an alicorn? I'm not saying that to be snarky, but to suggest the possibility that the same reward can be attained by different ponies for achieving different things. Even if those achievements are not equally admirable, they are still good nonetheless. Recall that SS and the Humane Five were in a hopeless situation and needed Sci-Twi's help, but Sci-Twi was reluctant, because she feared that she may become evil again and make things worse. She was hoping to find another solution that wouldn't involve risking losing her good self and possibly unleash an even greater calamity than the current situation. As an analogy, many people want to do something big and good for the world, but for one reason or another, are unwilling to take the risks involved in it, and end up not meeting their full potential.  Perhaps Sci-Twi earned her wings because she did a courageous act that went far beyond her comfort zone: she risked her life and possibly the world, and used the power she deeply feared to save her friends.

And one more time I have to ask: why? Sci-Twi is a very underdeveloped character that has very little in common with Pony Twilight. As somebody, who was watching Pony Twilight since the first episode, the fact that she got this kind of replacement hurts me a lot. Especially realizing that I am almost alone on this. So now, when I have finally let out all of my steam regarding Sci-Twi, I would like to hear from you: What was the point of this replacement? Is there anything redeeming about Sci-Twi? How is she better than pony Twilight (in case you think she is)? And lastly: how can one treat her and Pony Twilight as one and the same thing?

To me personally, it made perfect sense in terms of fitting the parallel universe concept, in light of the fact that the first two EG movies had two Applejack's, two Fluttershy's, etc., but only one Twilight Sparkle. And as Sparklefan1234 pointed out, it was a good way to keep the series going without making forced plots for why Twilight Sparkle is going back to the human world again. Though you may counter that Sunset Shimmer should have then taken the role as lead character, I think that it would slightly disrupt the harmony of the Mane Six to completely leave Twilight out of the EG franchise from FG onward. I'm not sure what you mean by redeeming, but I do think that Sci-Twi has redeemed the series by opening up a lot of potential plots like meeting a human Sunset Shimmer. 

I would never say that she is better than Pony Twilight. However, I practically treat her as more or less the same character in spite of the differences in both appearance as personality, because her relationship with Sunset and the Humane six are pretty much as harmonious, fitting, and positive as Pony Twilight's relationship with the main-Mane Six.    

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChB said:

I would never say that she is better than Pony Twilight. However, I practically treat her as more or less the same character in spite of the differences in both appearance as personality, because her relationship with Sunset and the Humane six are pretty much as harmonious, fitting, and positive as Pony Twilight's relationship with the main-Mane Six.    

These are pretty much my feelings as well regarding Crystal Prep Twilight Sparkle, 

I'm just not very good when it comes to stating my opinion in text form.

I do wish she didn't seem so much like Fluttershy with Twilight Sparkle-esque characteristic's, though.

• Like 1

To add my two cents on the matter here, I don't happen to be a huge fan of human Twilight.

When you get down to it she's a completely different character to Princess Twilight and a big downgrade to all the character development Princess Twiggly Wiggly's had over the last 5 seasons. Sure, some see her as what Twilight would have been had she not found the magic of friendship and those people might be right. However, we already explored those routes during Amending Fences and Moondancer's situation.

I can understand why Princess Twilight wasn't present in the post Rainbow Rocks films, as having her and Sunset Shimmer taking leadership roles would have either one overshadowing the other or them stepping on each other's toes all the time and getting nothing done. The introduction of a character who is Twilight Sparkle, but at the same time doesn't fit the same role helps keep said character in the franchise without making herself or others redundant and maintaining the core group's members.

However, the way human Twilight (Sci-Twi sounds rather silly) was handled in Friendship Games left her feeling like a 7th wheel with no real place in the (hu)Mane 6.

Legend of Everfree movie did nothing to help the situation, as the focus was on human Twilight's post Friendship Games PTSD and Rhabdophobia (yes, that's apparently a word and it means fear of magic), rather than her finding her place in the group, like Rainbow Rocks did with Sunset.

A possible theory as to why these choices were made is that human Twilight was introduced as an eventual replacement for Sunset Shimmer. The upcoming 2017 shorts could introduce more character development for her and establish her presence in the CHS group, while at the same time exploring Sunset's return to Equestria leaving and Twilight in charge. latest?cb=20141227233855

Oh, and I simply loathe the human Twilight and Sunset Shimmer shipping, but that's a rant for another day/thread. :rdnotamused:

• Like 3

Only thing I really hate is how she just up and ditched Crystal Prep -- even though said students were all more sympathetic toward her by that point.

Wishlist for EQG5: Sunset's counterpart, and more Dazzlings/Sirens and Shadowbolts.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2017 at 1:07 PM, Light Blade said:

On September 2014th, Princess Twilight Sparkle traveled to the human world for the second time, in the second Equestria Girls installment: “Rainbow Rocks”. After that amazing movie ended, I could not wait for the third one. I could not wait how things would turn out with another Twilight, from the human world. But alas, my expectations were not met. I wasn’t exactly happy with the way she turned out. And when everybody embraced her after “Legend of Everfree”, I turned off my screen with feelings of a funeral attendee. With tears and just one simple question on my mind: why? That question emerged again after monitoring reaction of the suppressive majority of those who also watched that movie. With that said, I have come here to finally explain what is my major malfunction with Sci-Twi, as well as try to dispel the myth of Sci-Twi being a lot more in common with Princess Twilight than just name, appearance, and voice.

I shall begin with “Friendship Games”. After seeing couple of YouTube videos uploaded in the eve of then-upcoming “Rainbow Rocks”, I jumped to a conclusion that those can spoil quite a bit of the movie. Which is why I stayed away from the “Friendship Games” ones. The only things I knew were basic premise about competition, Crystal Prep, and human world’s Twilight. Also, there was a screenshot where Sci-Twi is (as it turned out when I watched it) hiding behind the column, with a face of a person who is about to break a law. Taking that along with what was in “Rainbow Rocks” post-credits scene, I thought she would be the new villain. She would be as mean-spirited as the rest of the Shadowbolts. That she would stop in front of nothing to get to the bottom of the whole “magic stuff” about CHS. Even probably delivering some kind of ultimatum to huMane 6 that if they lose, they would tell her everything about magic (or something like that). However, with those thoughts in mind, after finally watching the movie Sci-Twi’s character ended up being…pretty underwhelming.

This is as far as I can go just with “Friendship Games”. With all that knowledge I have gathered in my mind, it was quite an alarming thing to know that she transferred to CHS to be with huMane 6. This can mean only one thing: Pony Twilight is no longer needed in Equestria Girls now when she was replaced. I also want to point out that there was even a deleted scene, in which Sci-Twi instead goes back to Crystal Prep and make some friends there. You know, with that ending I would say: “You know what? This movie was all right. Yes, it had its downsides, but it was all right. Definitely could be worse.” And what could possibly be “worse”? Well…something called “Legend of Everfree”.

The fourth Equestria Girls installment. Almost everybody who saw it say that it was mostly pretty good. Once I was done watching it, I honest-to-Applejack could not believe any of that was real. Some of its key choices were making little to no sense. And in the center of it all, we once again had Sci-Twi. I could swear that the movie, right from its box art, was forcing her down my throat against my will. But let’s get it all in the line.

You know, you went thought something that really made EG look weak as a stand on it's on thing just like me. Now In my opinion, Movies 3 and 4 were mixed to me but I still found them enjoyable. But when MMN came that makes me hate MMN. Because Human Twilight was useless and you know what it could of worked in Mirror Magic? Having both Twilights interacting with each other. I made rants and a Top 5 reasons on Youtube about this but when MMN came, I was done with EG. Because of you going thought something I found really disappointing was understandable. Now last year in the beginning of May 2016 I only watch the EG movies and not the show. I found Sci Twi and good character but after 1 long year of watching so many episode and finally watching Mirror Magic, I'm siding with you. Princess Twilight was something I found an good tool for Sci Twi in LOE. This is way I made 2 rants (Now 3 in my MMN review) about the 2 counterparts. Now I get what your coming from because you never wanted the 2 interact but when you think about it, it could let to more character to Sci Twi and her relationship with her Princess Twilight. I was sort of fine that Princess Twilight wasn't in LOE but MMN should have her return so everything can be fixed like the Flash's tough love since Princess Twilight isn't aware of this (I'm not going to talk about why I hate MMN because I made a review of it so you have to check it out to understand). What's your opinion on that? If you going to tell me it won't work then think again because my 3rd rant was ahead on what people are going to say to me on why it won't work. Maybe you should check my videos to understand.

Let's be honest here, Sci-Twi was only brought into existence because Hasbro wanted DHX to bring back Twilight as a main character without actually having to bring her back

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Megas75 said:

Let's be honest here, Sci-Twi was only brought into existence because Hasbro wanted DHX to bring back Twilight as a main character without actually having to bring her back

True, but the alternative of having Twilight come over to the Human World in every single installment seems kinda repetitive.