SSBBFan4

How can I have EQG 'waifus' without feeling like a creep?

So for some time, I've had the EQG characters as waifus(not anything too serious like I'm in an actual relationship and foresake real women, that is unhealthy and wrong), just for like some fun, which is all, not sure if it's the right term or something ) and I've done since I was a 12th grader. However, I am entering my third year college now(am 20_ and it's come to my attention that the girls may be seniors(18?) and as a thid year college student, I don't want to feel creepy doing this, even if they are fictional. I was wondering, how can I still have them as 'waifus' or whatever without being a creep?  I guess one way I rationalize it is as I;m the age to be a second year college student, which isn't bad with a senior. I know this sounds silly but it's just something that's nagging me and I overthink things in general.

Hi @SSBBFan4please take this in the spirit it's given, and you can do whatever you'd like with my advice. I would say the answer to your question is: You can't, for a few reasons.

1) This is the easy one. Let's imagine the girls are under 18, as it's not really possible with an unfixed timeline to determine exactly how old they are. In the real world, you can't take chances. We call these questionably legal girls 'jail-bait' for a reason, my friend.

2)This is where I may be the one overthinking this, but I would say that if this issue is weighing heavily enough on your mind to create a forum discussion about it, then despite your comments to the contrary this may not be healthy for you to continue. Partly it depends on what exactly your 'relationship' with the girls looks like. Is it clopping, talking to or treating a plush/doll like a real person? If the answer is yes to any of the above, I think you may want to try at least taking a break from them while you reconsider this. (Also, just for curiosities sake: are you in an open relationship with all the Equestria Girls, or just one or two in particular?). Also, when you mention that you don't forsake real women, are you currently in a relationship? If so, ask yourself how this would sound to your significant other. If she would object, fiction is not worth losing flesh-and-blood for. If she knows and is fine with it, then carry on. Maybe you could talk her into some role-play. If you aren't in a relationship, consider if maybe there are subconscious or subtle ways that this could be impacting/influencing your real-life relationships. Maybe you're not trying hard enough because you're content with the waifus, or maybe you feel like you'll never find a real girl as great as your waifu.

In summation; the colorful ponies and their human counterparts are a fun diversion from the burdens of daily living, but they aren't something ultimate. In general, we- myself included- could all fix our eyes on something greater. 

If this didn't help at all, disregard. But I hope you find the answers to your deeper questions. God bless, man!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, SSBBFan4 said:

What do you mean?

Basically, you could see them as more like actresses just portraying highschoolers, not actual ones. (E.g., none of HuMane 7's VAs are underage.)

P.S.: The age-of-consent in most states is actually 16, believe it or not. However, since California's AOC is 18 -- and that's where Hollywood is -- people often see 18 as some universal standard.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, Anti-Villain said:

Basically, you could see them as more like actresses just portraying highschoolers, not actual ones. (E.g., none of HuMane 7's VAs are underage.)

The voices are the only 'real' part of the characters, after all.

I recommend not worrying about it. Rumination and self-doubt aren't good for you. If you're open about your interests, people will give you all the feedback you could want to decide whether they're socially acceptable, and from there you can determine whether you give a shit, and if so, how much you should modify your behavior. Like, maybe you keep dating the Equestria Girls in your imagination, but the Fluttershy body pillow isn't worth the ridicule you get for it, or how it costs you the possibility of getting a real girlfriend down the road. Point is, let everyone else worry about making judgements. They will, happily and free of charge, and then you'll know exactly where you stand without spending 3/4 of your mental energy fretting over it. And if you're up-front and chill about your weird interests, most people won't hold it against you. It'll just be an interesting bullet point on the character sheet they have of you in their head.