Japony

Ancient artifacts and explored races

Does anyone else find it strange that we've seen quite the variety of ancient artifacts possessed by non pony races, and got to explore their culture to some small extent- with the Bloodstone Scepter, we got a deeper look into the dragon society; with the Goblet of Griffinstone, we got a deeper look at Griffin culture....but with the Alicorn Amulet....nothing....in spite of the fandom's long held desire to get a glimpse into what Alicorn culture   the royal sisters come from. Can the AA be brought back to allow us this overdue view into alicorn society?

This is something I like to call (and don't know if there is a specific trope name for this) "The Distant East Effect". Pony culture seems inspired by western culture (meaning, the US), so things from other cultures automatically feel like they're more interesting simply because they're "more different" than anything based on pony culture. It's a subjective thing... More mysterious, in a way.

Though personally, I think this is simply lack of creative thought or screen time investment in the part of the producers. Artifacts, like characters, are just as interesting as you know them, and you only know them as far as the producers are willing to tell you about those things.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:24 PM, Anti-Villain said:

For that matter, where'd the Inspiration Manifestation come from?

I don't know, but I have a feeling that it will never be addressed again