ChibiDashie

Weird question, but it could have happened.

Were you ever close to death before?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Were you ever close to death before?

• Yes!
    • No
    • I am dead

Just as the poll says, but I indeed was very close to death...in a weirdly innocent way.

So preschool happened and somehow I had an assembly outside of school for some reason. I, as a preschooler, was really hungry and noticed none other than a mushroom growing out of the ground. You see, I was told that mushrooms are good for you and assumed all mushrooms were edible. So I crawled over to that mushroom and right when I was going to pick it, a teacher squishes it. This mushroom was all white and very slim, and from what I found out was a Destroying Angel, one of the most poisonous mushrooms in the world. If that teacher didn't squish the mushroom and I ate it, I would have been dead in a couple of hours. So kudos to a teacher squishing a poisonous mushroom and saving me. This is also a reason why I don't eat mushrooms at all and don't plan to.

Another time is where I was snorkeling in the Bahamas on some island Disney owned and saw a barracuda, heading right towards me. I was like "Oh shit I'm gonna die" but at the last moment, the barracuda just swam in a different direction. I'm not really sure if it's rare for barracudas to attack people, but I know for a fact that they are naturally terrifying.

I have have nearly drowned twice both cases I got to the stage of blacking out and one of them I was actually out for awhile. This is probably the reason why I don't like going that deep in the water when at the beach.

Not just once, but three times, I dont wanna go into too much detail about them but I'll still try to be as clear as possible. Once when I was 10 stayed at a hotel with my dad (bless his soul), he was there for business I just tagged along, stayed at a hotel, not much people, I was in the swimming pool and I accidentally stepped in the deeper part of the pool, couldn't float, struggled, a hotel employee saw and jumped in to get me out. Second time was in college when I got bit by a Dengue Mosquito, these nasty little buggers made me bedridden for 6 whole months, Thats a whole semester of college so I was basically dropped out for missing too much, didn't lose anything since everything was for free, It was government funded but still, the things I could've been now instead of a retail worker... (I'm sure I said this in a different thread). And lastly was literally just 9 hours ago, I nearly crashed right into a car that was coming from the opposite direction, I was riding a bike so I just tilted it to the side to avoid the car, and I did but my bike didn't survive so well though.

I don't think it was near-death, but I do remember being at a summer resort as a kid. I never learned how to swim (and I still don't know how) so I stayed in the shallow end of the resort's pool. I would occasionally tread out to the deep end holding the side of the pool. I tried swimming over to either my brother or cousin, I forget which, and I went right under. I was maybe under for only 10 seconds but it definitely kept me from going to the deep end of pools for about a couple years. The thought of drowning just freaks me out.

I think no, even if I had a serious electric shock with an old electric heater when I was younger, it is probably the most dangerous thing I have ever had.

However I almost killed my young brother by playing on a rock close to a river, the rock falls under my feet and my brother was below. He is probably alive thanks to a lucky random trajectory, probably the biggest fear of my life. I was around 10 yo.

Is there a 'Kind of' option?

Let's see I've almost drowned once, in a pool no less. Got hit by a car due to low visibility, thankfully got away with only a few scrapes and a sore everything for a few days. Spent a week and a half in hospital with a very serious case of pneumonia, boy does it make you feel horrible. Oh and almost had my blood type changed after birth due to medical idiocy, which I later learned would have more or less made me very likely to develop mental defects.

One time, after school, my bus dropped me off at home a few minutes earlier than usual, as traffic getting out of school was a bit better than usual. I went inside the house, unpacked my bag, and went to the bathroom. Nothing unusual there. But then after I got out of the bathroom, my dad told me that a car was driving on the wrong side of the road going in the opposite direction my bus came in and that it had to have been going 70 MPH (it was definitely over the speed limit because it zoomed past another car that was driving by at the same time). Had my bus arrived at the usual time, I would've ended up in the hospital with serious injuries at the best or killed on the spot at the worst.

Technically... yes.

If my doctor hadn't have ordered a CAT scan of me to check for aneurysms (which my dad had a history of) my cancerous appendix would have killed me.

Which I KNOW would have made EVERYONE happy. No questions asked.

But lol to bad I'm still alive.

:dealwithit:

When I was a baby, I was almost about to crawl out the front door of the house where I was living at the time. 

If our cat wasn't screaming at my mom, I would've been hit by a car.

Thank Celestia I'm still alive.