Anti-Villain

King Sombra Fan Club

I wish King Sombra was able to make a return to get revenge like Queen Chrysalis did because,

I feel like he wasn't a big enough part of "Crystal Empire Parts 1&2" even though he was supposed to be the main villain.

king_sombra_by_bakameganekko-d6c3oh7.png

• Like 1

Another cool and decent villain. It's to bad he's pretty much dead now though.

Except in the comics. Where he return but then was redeemed in a BETTER REDEMPTION THAN STARLIGHT GLIMMER.

Either way his powers reminded me of Kingdom Hearts which I also liked (darkness).

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 5:21 PM, LostSanity said:

Either way his powers reminded me of Kingdom Hearts which I also liked (darkness).

Come to think of it, his voice sounded a lot like Xemnas, too.

Oh no! Today is Discord's favorite day. He has come to every fan club to prank everypony!

148643__safe_pinkie+pie_discord_king+som

By Ichibangravity

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 1:53 PM, ChB said:

Oh no! Today is Discord's favorite day. He has come to every fan club to prank everypony!

148643__safe_pinkie+pie_discord_king+som

By Ichibangravity

Given his fate post-Siege Of The Crystal Empire, I think he'd actually take it in stride.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 8:39 PM, leonbrony17 said:

Sombra beeing exited for his big return in S9.

A91W.gif

So excited, he went and...

rekt the Infinity Gauntlet tree.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, leonbrony17 said:

He kinda sucked in S9 episode 1. But episode 2 handled him much better imo.

tumblr_ppk753z9Vw1usmhc2_540.png

IMO, he was better in S3-S5 and even FIENDship-Siege.

• Like 1

@A.V. I 100 percent agree with that. I don't know FIENDship-Siege, maybe because it's a comic or has something to do with Equestria girls which i'm not a fan of.

They should have kept his old voice, cut out a few lines of goofy dialogue and built upon his S3 personality.

latest?cb=20130812093737

2 hours ago, baltoist said:

Such a shame that even with his big return.....he still sucked

I disagree. He came as close as Tirek did to achieving his goals, arguably closer than Chrysalis did. He masterfully manipulated the Mane 6 for a sneak attack exactly where and when they thought they were safe. Basically he got about as far as it's possible for a villain to get on this show.

A lot of people took issues with the retooling of his character. I see it as necessary changes to make him more engaging for a two-part premiere in which he's not just a vague shadow of implied menace for most of it but an active flesh-and-blood antagonist. 1) He needs a professional VA for speaking more than a handful of words. 2) The target audience is still very young children, so he can't sound like a Cradle of Filth album. 3) A lot of the ORIGINAL complaints about him back in S3 were that he had no personality and seemed like a generic, mindless monster instead of a developed character. Now he had to be given some actual personality.

Yay, so much discussion. :3

I feel really confused about Sombra after his S9 reappearance. I liked him in S3 but he could have needed a lot improvement here and there. Then in S9 episode 1 he got a pretty jarring personality makeover and some questionable dialogue. But then in S9 episode 2 he had much better dialogue imo and he actually accomplished some shit.

I actually wanted to create a big topic where i compare the two of them and first i came to the conclusion that S3 Sombra was the better one. But looking at the accomplishments of S9 episode 2 Sombra i now feel like i have to scrap the topic because everything in it would only be messy and a bit contradictary and i don't wanna put out a rushed mess when it's so important to me. :(