Sign in to follow this  
DKurtis

Discord Moderator Application

Name: DKurtis#6238

Favorite Pony: Starlight Glimmer (for me, one of the most relatable characters in the show, a pony I can resonate myself with).

Why do you want to be an EQD Mod? Lot of peeps have been resigning from their roles, and I've always pondered on whether I wanted to do it or not. I'm active whenever I have a good amount of free time, so why not? When I entered the Discord server near the end of last year, it felt a bit weird and even intimidating for some odd reason to talk to ya'll, but I eventually got myself yapping and I've made plenty of good friends in the EQD server along the way, as well as a lot of support. I like to be a person that uplifts people both online and IRL, and that's something I'm wanting to do in the EQD DIscord server.

What prior moderation/administration experience do you have, if any? I used to admin a few sim racing leagues years back, but I had left due to them having a lack of dedication from others or due to me being unmotivated. I currently moderate a NASCAR discord that consists of many racing fans. It's pretty chill down there normally, but in terms of race weekends it can get pretty chaotic, so I typically have to look over there when it comes to the time the races are on. I also admin a sim racing league Discord where the AI race each other, and after a numerous amount of races, a champion is crowned (insane, I know).

Time Zone: CST (Central Standard Time), I'm typically on during the nights everyday (I sleep around 12 AM-1 AM CST a lot of the time)

Anything else you'd like to share: I am currently a student studying for Pre-Pharmacy. In my free time I occasionally design some liveries for different sim racers, and I typically do commentaries for virtual races and help assist in some sim racing leagues. I'm an avid motorsports fan, meaning that I like cars go heckin' fast. In terms of how active I am, I'm more of a night owl, so you may see me chatting a lot of the time at night. But in the typical Mondays-Fridays, I will hop in here and there in between classes. When it's the weekend, I will usually be active a good amount of the time. Sometimes I do forget to turn off my status in Discord, but I'm trying to do that more often before I doze off due to the massive wad of romance fanfics I read from FIMFiction. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this