Japony

Equestria is pretty damn frightening

I mean, really. Things look all friendshippy and happy on the surface, but there are schools that groom unicorns to be ultimate op's, and these unicorns can perform forcible reform spells (Keep calm and Flutter on), or mind/ body control on a whim (lesson zero, Every Little thing she does, No second Prances), and then there's the government cover-ups (Lyra, Bon Bon, and the Mares of S.M.I.L.E), the attacks from vicious creatures that happen almost every week, the threat of freezing to death by wendigoes if you don't get along with your fellow pony. Pretty scary stuff.

Do you think Equestria, in spite of all of this, beats Earth, and all its problems?

I think I'll take my chances with the occasional crazy Unicorn, giant monster attack or magical doomsday scenario, rather than deal with the idiocy of the human race.

At least in Equestria they have the mane 6 to help look into certain issues but meanwhile here on Earth, we have nobody batting a eye about our problems. 

I peg the windigoes as the only thing keeping Equestria from dissolving into bitter class warfare, what with the colossal differences in ability between earth ponies and unicorns, specifically. They're scary, yes. But effective. "Be nice to each other or we all freeze to death" works better than "Hey, maybe try to get along, for abstract moral reasons".

Or maybe ponies are just less petty than humans by nature. There could be subtle psychological differences relating to empathy. Filthy Rich is living the capitalist dream despite being a fairly upstanding chap, which would never happen in the cutthroat business world of Earth, so it can be assumed that ponies are generally less selfish. That alone makes Equestria a better place to be, despite the monsters and existentially terrifying magic.

That said, the existence of advanced technology and opposable thumbs in this world would make switching over a difficult choice, given the option.

The writers can't balance a reasonable world within the logic of the cartoon and it's world building with the conflict necessary to write a story. They also seem to lack the creativity to show an Equestria that is different from our world (which it should be by definition). What we get in the end is a mess of a world that wants you to believe it's magical and peaceful, but is filled with incompetent rulers and villains that "cheat".