Light Blade

Princess Celestia Fan Club

I'm not the only one who wants Nightmare Celestia (Daybreaker) to be a villain for a MLP: FiM season... right?

It seems like I am...

• Like 2

b451032e10b2d4981cd4a9de6083e5f1.png

Daybreak is our one true princess! The Unconquered Sun! The Bringer of Light! The Doom of the Night!

Sooo no I don't think they would invent a character like this just for a mid season episode.

• Like 3

Oh dear I have been unfaithful to the Princess Celestia :gah:

Forgive me most merciful one. I was enchanted by the alluring fire. Hellfire. This burning in my skin...

princess-celestia-my-little-pony-friends

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LostSanity said:

I'm not the only one who wants Nightmare Celestia (Daybreaker) to be a villain for a MLP: FiM season... right?

It seems like I am...

Considering how much I want to see Celestia actually doing something that actually is important, I might almost want it. Maybe with a few more episodes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LostSanity said:

It seems like I am...

Oh yes, I DEFINITELY want to see that!

celestia_smile_by_oggynka-d6j7na9.jpg

Celestia smileby Oggynka

• Like 2

Here's my idea for how it could happen.

Though it requires making some IDW comic material canon.

Luna begins to become popular after returning from her banishment (she's practically already the favorite in terms of the fandom they could sort of do that to give a nod to the fandom as well) and all the ponies begin to want to meet Luna more than Celestia. Possibly due to the fact that Luna protects them more than Celestia due to the fact that she protects ponies from nightmares in their dreams.

Celestia begins to become jealous of Luna's popularity. The Nightmares from the 'Nightmare Rarity' IDW comic notice this. (my 'headcanon' if you want to call it that was that Luna was possessed by the same forces as it was stated as such in the Nightmare Rarity IDW comic arc) Said Nightmares take advantage and attack Celestia either when she's alone or in her sleep. If it's in her sleep Luna would attempt to save her but the Nightmares are able to overcome her due to her feelings. Luna would be too late.

Celestia becomes Nightmare Celestia (Daybreaker) in real life.

That's about how far I've taken my idea. I don't know how it would be resolved or how Celestia would be saved. But I would like this taken a step further and be a recurring theme throughout the season instead of just a premier or finale sort of thing.

There's something else to.

But I won't say it due to it's controversial and/or negative nature. But let's just say... if they were to do it, it could potentially save me from quitting the fandom. I've been considering submitting this as a 'Community Soapbox' to Equestria Daily. I'll post it in my controversial opinion thread as well since Equestria Daily has proven to be biased against me and won't post my soapboxes.

So... yeah. Take that however you want.

I can't help the feeling that Celestia's lost a lot of her fans to Daybreaker. :ajlol:Just kidding.

@LostSanity I can see why people like this sort of thing, but I'd prefer they didn't. I think that the franchise treats Celestia so badly that the only thing that she has left of good on her is that she never "fell".

Though I could like this idea after the cartoon showed Celestia's good and competent side for a change, because without that, the whole thing would just lose it's dramatic power.

6 hours ago, LostSanity said:

But I won't say it due to it's controversial and/or negative nature. But let's just say... if they were to do it, it could potentially save me from quitting the fandom. I've been considering submitting this as a 'Community Soapbox' to Equestria Daily. I'll post it in my controversial opinion thread as well since Equestria Daily has proven to be biased against me and won't post my soapboxes.

So... yeah. Take that however you want.

If it's what I think it is, I don't think it will go over well. Not because of the concept itself, but because, by this point, I don't think Celestia's character has the clout she had in the first two seasons to give it that emotional punch. At least when Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan did it with Spock, a) Spock was still a beloved character and b) it was done well, giving it that much needed emotional punch. Granted, it wasn't permanent, but it was still done well. At best, giving Celestia the Wrath Of Khan treatment will go over just as well as making Starlight the hero in  "To Where And Back Again" - a glorious final chapter to a story with very poor buildup.

Alright I'll say what it is. I'll put it in spoilers though. As I've stated it's controversial and possibly negative. If you don't like that sort of thing then just don't read it.

Basically... I'm sick of Starlight Glimmer on her damn 'high horse.' She needs to be taken down several pedals. MULTIPLE PEDALS if possible.

Basically... what it is would be Starlight Glimmer vs Daybreaker. However... I want Daybreaker to ABSOLUTE REK Starlight Glimmer. Possibly taken as far as a 'squash' (see Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar Survivor Series 2016 to see what I mean)

If Starlight Glimmer was taken off her damn high horse, I may not hate her as much as I currently do. Because to me... she's OP. Plain and simple.

:newspaper:

Hail Celestia, Princess of the Sun! We take this day to thank you for giving Equestria light, and making Equestria bright and beautiful. Truly the Mother of Light, we magnify you.

123281__safe_princess+celestia_animated_

• Like 2

After seven seasons of loving a character and waiting for the producers to show something really nice with it, on the same level as the others, I really don't feel like celebrating when they just turned her into a generic politician and don't even bother to say how good she is or anything nice about her other than she vaguely does something that resembles governing that mess that is Equestria.

Seven seasons in and the best representations of the character come from fans. Shameful.

• Like 2

Happy Celestia Day, everypony! Make sure to give our dear beautiful Sun princess a good hug. Today she is especially fluffy ^_^

waiting_for_the_young_spring_by_lyra_sen

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Metemponychosis said:

After seven seasons of loving a character and waiting for the producers to show something really nice with it, on the same level as the others, I really don't feel like celebrating when they just turned her into a generic politician and don't even bother to say how good she is or anything nice about her other than she vaguely does something that resembles governing that mess that is Equestria.

Seven seasons in and the best representations of the character come from fans. Shameful.

Shameful indeed. She deserves more praise from the writers for being a great teacher, a great leader, and the sustainer of life in Equestria. 

princess_celestia_by_atryl-d58ll7d.png

Princess Celestiaby atryl

• Like 3